Hardware Got a broken nintendo Switch Lite, how should I proceed regarding it’s repair.

VictorBan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Let me begin by saying that this switch is absolutely horrifying. Nothing is in it’s place, and I see a lot of capacitors missing. I’m going tomorrow to pick up some 1uf 10v capacitors and some isopropyl alcohol, then clean this thing until it looks brand new and replace the missing cpu capacitors. I also see a missing capacitor near the 3.3v line (circled), and I’m wondering if I can use one of the ones I’ll have to replace it. Is there anything else I’m missing? I checked with the multimeter and there is no voltage between the 3.3v point mentioned and a ground one. The problem of this switch is it doesn’t boot, literally black screen, so I’m hoping you could help me spot anything else I might be missing. I don’t want to send it to a repair shop and spend 60 bucks just for a easy fix. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_0131.jpeg
    IMG_0131.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0132.jpeg
    IMG_0132.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0134.jpeg
    IMG_0134.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0135.jpeg
    IMG_0135.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 40

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found some isopropyl alcohol 90% at a store near me, is it any good? (Isopropyl technical alcohol 90%, for cleaning and diluting varnishes, 0.5 L, Dragon)
Yeah just remove the battery and scrub it down with IPA with an old toothbrush.

VictorBan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Gotcha, will update tomorrow once I have the IPA, then proceed with the install of the capacitors.
Post automatically merged:

Let me begin by saying that this switch is absolutely horrifying. Nothing is in it’s place, and I see a lot of capacitors missing. I’m going tomorrow to pick up some 1uf 10v capacitors and some isopropyl alcohol, then clean this thing until it looks brand new and replace the missing cpu capacitors. I also see a missing capacitor near the 3.3v line (circled), and I’m wondering if I can use one of the ones I’ll have to replace it. Is there anything else I’m missing? I checked with the multimeter and there is no voltage between the 3.3v point mentioned and a ground one. The problem of this switch is it doesn’t boot, literally black screen, so I’m hoping you could help me spot anything else I might be missing. I don’t want to send it to a repair shop and spend 60 bucks just for a easy fix. Thank you.
Also, can I use a 1uf 10v capacitor to replace the one near the 3.3v point circled in the picture?

Gotcha, will update tomorrow once I have the IPA, then proceed with the install of the capacitors.

Also, can I use a 1uf 10v capacitor to replace the one near the 3.3v point circled in the picture?
Or perhaps someone knows it’s value.

Update: Cleaned the board, going to replace the missing capacitors at the cpu/gpu idk. Lmk if I can use them for the 3.3v point as well.

Attachments

• IMG_0140.jpeg
    IMG_0140.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0141.jpeg
    IMG_0141.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0142.jpeg
    IMG_0142.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0143.jpeg
    IMG_0143.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 36
Last edited by VictorBan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    since my sister said manga was a good gateway into anime, i decided to get a manga, i was going to get one punch man, but volume 1 wasn't there
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Well, what about Dr. What? Don't leave him out. @BigOnYa
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and so i got mashle instead, which is actually quite good
  • O @ OhHiNick:
    GUYS YOU CAN LAUNCH HEALTH AND SAFETY INFO IN AROMA NOW
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan,i only watched anime
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for anyone wondering what that is, basically, it's about the one person in the world without magic, instead he's just dummy strong
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Dr. What and Dr. Where got lost together somewhere in time, Dr. When is looking for them
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    What about Dr. How?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    OR DR. WHY?
  • O @ OhHiNick:
    @Xdqwerty sorry i get excited when i get to see what type of laser the wii u uses
    They ALL went to Nurse Why's house
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: SCPs started from some Dr. Who fanfic or smth on 4chan
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Dr How and Why, will be in the prequel
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, or dr when
  • O @ OhHiNick:
    dr what
    +1
    ooohhh the steamy scene with Nurse Why. omg :blush:
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty is Dr. Wut
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My wifey gets mad and tells me its a bad habit to bite your nails, even though I told her I washed my feet first.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Dr Strange is a gynecologist for prostitutes.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Going where lots of men have gone before
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i tear off my nails
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it was a joke, but I used to bite my nails when I was young, but when I started doing construction work and seen what crap was under my nails, I stopped.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    What i said isnt a joke
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sometimes yea when they get reap long, you have to, but I always end up with a bloody finger.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sometimes yea when they get reap long, you have to, but I always end up with a bloody finger.