Hacking Got banned

huntertron1

dancing to music!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to be onest the only online game i play is mario kart 7 on the 3ds so idc if nintendo restricts me from online play

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
There was a claim here mentioned that if you go online but you aren't running a game, it sends your last run title to Nintendo servers. Does anyone know if this title survives a reset? Or what about a reset out of TWL? Or does it send TWL card titles at all?

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
There was a claim here mentioned that if you go online but you aren't running a game, it sends your last run title to Nintendo servers. Does anyone know if this title survives a reset? Or what about a reset out of TWL? Or does it send TWL card titles at all?
If I remember correctly, what it does, is check last title played in general from activity log, then sends that if you aren't running something at that time. So if it shows up in the log, then it's sent. However, injects for NDS should appear the same as they would if you were using a cartridge, so those are safe.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I thought the Activity Log data wasn't in any way shared to Nintendo? And I have an old DS flashcart with a titleID of zero and a funky custom name / icon. It gets saved that way to the activity log too. Is there a post / page detailing this mechanism? Or a source?

Last edited by Searinox,

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I thought the Activity Log data wasn't in any way shared to Nintendo? And I have an old DS flashcart with a titleID of zero and a funky custom name / icon. It gets saved that way to the activity log too. Is there a post / page detailing this mechanism? Or a source?
The activity log isn't shared, but the system simply checks what was the last thing you run from there and sends that, doesn't send anything like how long you played for or anything, simply the name of last thing you ran. Can't exactly link where I saw that as it was in a public seeds website about a year ago. Again, it ONLY checks for the TITLE (and perhaps title ID) of what you last ran and nothing else and sends that.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I just checked like right now. The reason I was concerned was because titleID 0 seems like a giveaway, and because I had a Pokemon Black cartridge, which I checked in FBI and it started with a titleID of 00300something instead of the usual 00400 that all 3DS content seems to have. However, upon putting my SoulSilver in, I found out that its ID is also zero, so maybe older DS titles don't have a matching secondary ID for the 3DS standard. That would mean I -should- be safe since Nintendo wouldn't be able to tell my titleID 0 flashcart from a whole bunch of other DS-era games. Also looking through the software library in Cthulhu none of the DS titles I have show up, even though in the AL itself they do. So maybe DS carts are treated entirely different...? I've looked at the tags what Nintendo receives(titleid, gameid, sku something...) and I don't remember it actually sending a verbal NAME, only IDs. Confirming or disproving this(and especially about DS titles) should be the next step.

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I just checked like right now. The reason I was concerned was because titleID 0 seems like a giveaway, and because I had a Pokemon Black cartridge, which I checked in FBI and it started with a titleID of 00300something instead of the usual 00400 that all 3DS content seems to have. However, upon putting my SoulSilver in, I found out that its ID is also zero, so maybe older DS titles don't have a matching secondary ID for the 3DS standard. That would mean I -should- be safe since Nintendo wouldn't be able to tell my titleID 0 flashcart from a whole bunch of other DS-era games. Also looking through the software library in Cthulhu none of the DS titles I have show up, even though in the AL itself they do. So maybe DS carts are treated entirely different...? I've looked at the tags what Nintendo receives(titleid, gameid, sku something...) and I don't remember it actually sending a verbal NAME, only IDs. Confirming or disproving this(and especially about DS titles) should be the next step.
From what I remember from messing around with the NDS-part of the 3DS, I noticed that MOST games with older SDKs (1-4) just have that generic titleID, with very few exceptions and newer ones have unique IDs (mainly DSi titles, so SDK5). IDs should be sent and I think the name is also sent, just in the way it's in the HeaderFS. Don't quote me on that, as even the page I got the info was pretty damn vague about these things.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
From what I remember from messing around with the NDS-part of the 3DS, I noticed that MOST games with older SDKs (1-4) just have that generic titleID, with very few exceptions and newer ones have unique IDs (mainly DSi titles, so SDK5). IDs should be sent and I think the name is also sent, just in the way it's in the HeaderFS. Don't quote me on that, as even the page I got the info was pretty damn vague about these things.
I am particularly interested in the title part because this thing is tagged "SCfirmware.nds by Supercard Team" which is ...pretty revealing.

Reactions: ThoD

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I am particularly interested in the title part because this thing is tagged "SCfirmware.nds by Supercard Team" which is ...pretty revealing.
Ninty would never know what that is /s

Welp, there's always the option of logging the data yourself to see what is and what isn't sent!:P

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
If I even knew where a tutorial for that was, and if it didn't involve a buncha different tools and learning them, I would do it. I have no idea... Rather, if I could look at a sample of one such captured POST request, I might get an idea. Are there any lying around in the open? I found this but it doesn't look like an actual sample, more an example...? None of the values make sense.

EDIT:

Those strings between the quotation marks in the post are actually base64 encoding(replace the asterisk with equal for padding). Translating them back to ASCII reveals title ID numbers, some initials, and nothing to do with actual title names.

Last edited by Searinox,
D

Deleted User

That sounds possible,I never thought about that.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Digging around it seems that last game played relies on the PTM. If that's the case PTM data also contains only IDs. I could be reading this wrong though.

Youser

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Guys I'm completely new to the scene and have installed CFW & Freeshop today. What should I do to avoid getting banned?

Marenthyu

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Guys I'm completely new to the scene and have installed CFW & Freeshop today. What should I do to avoid getting banned?
Dont use CFW.

Obvious thing aside: dont cheat online, shut off wifi when using non-legit things and play something legit before turning it on again.

Last edited by Marenthyu,

Marenthyu

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
At all? So basically, don't hack the console?

What do you actually get banned from? Online multiplayer?
I edited my above post, the initial response was meant as a joke basically - but as you installed CFW, you gave Nintendo all the rights to ban you in whatever way they please, tho they may not do it.

Yes, to avoid getting banned, don't install CFW.

Youser

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I edited my above post, the initial response was meant as a joke basically - but as you installed CFW, you gave Nintendo all the rights to ban you in whatever way they please, tho they may not do it.

Yes, to avoid getting banned, don't install CFW.

Does a ban stop you from playing multiplayer locally?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PYUKEiLGHpQ?si=UosLAHElVkjIKfxN