Got Switch Online?

download.jpeg

Nintendo's Online service launched last week for Switch, and we would like to know how many of you have signed up!

Please answer the poll and comment on what you think of Nintendo's new paid Switch Online service.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I haven't signed up yet, I'm saving the trial for when I actually feel like playing online. Gonna get the family plan though and share it with my brother and my cousin.

Flirkyn

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes I have (family plan with 7 others ppl). I don't want to pirate and I don't want to risk being banned. Plus, I'm playing online game (Splatoon 2, Mhgu) and 20€(about 5€ since I have family plan) isn't much (even if I'm not a fan of some things from this service)

CreAtor135

GBATemp's #1 Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought it right away, no free trial. Doesn't really matter to me whether online is free or not but if it's somehow possible to make Nintendo's online quality any better, I'm willing to spend a meager 20 bucks a year

TheMCNerd2017

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't sign up for the Online Subscription, due to the following reasons:

1) Lack of reliable WiFi where I live(only "affordable" option is over a 1990s phone line).
2) I play games on my PC, mainly offline due to reason #1.
3) My Switch is on a low FW verdion waiting for an EmuNAND solution that does not require an RCM tool.
4) My only actual Switch game I have is Lego City, which does not have online functionality.
5) Not enough features to justify the price(in my opinion).

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To all those who complain "it was free before, why making it paid service now"
First, they announced it since the very beginning that it would be a paid service in about a year... hell, it even lasted a year and half

Secondly, it's 20$/year, if you can't afford it, you probably can't afford a switch either ;)

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I signed up because I’m not hacking my switch anytime soon, I wanted to play some NES games on there, and mainly because I had too many useless gold points so I used em to buy a free month of it :D

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately not everyone here has the luxury of just saying "oh I don't like it so I won't buy it" cause some of us can only manage to get there friends together for quick multiplayer sessions online. I intend to buy it soon I just haven't gotten to the store yet.

fadx

Filthy Cheater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There's not much that I'd play online so I'm probably not going to get online until either A: Smash comes out or B: N64 or Gamecube games are added to the service.

Reactions: DarthDub

Kadji

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I bought it because I would have bought it anyway (smash...).
So far i am pleased AND disappointed:

The Good:
- Its cheap
- Nice selection of arcade type NES games that are perfect for short amounts of playtime
- Online Voicechat with strangers (never thought I would be able to trashtalk with my opponents in Mario Tennis)

The Bad:
- Connectivity / Ping in already released games did not get better with the introduction of the paid service (tbh i doubted that anything for already released games would change but still a bit dissapointed)

The Ugly:
- No roadmap for future classic Games that are comming to the Switch (we ARE getting SNES games, right Nintendo?)
- The NES Library is pretty lackluster if you want more serious / longer games instead of the smaler, arcade like games

Honorable mentions, even though it is not linked to paid online:
- Gamesharing (only usefull for close friends, was most likely Nintendos intention, I am fine with that)

radicalwookie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I paid big money for Splatoon 2 and I'm not dashing out additional 20$ for the Nintendo Online unless they start to actually work on the online experience.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Unfortunately not everyone here has the luxury of just saying "oh I don't like it so I won't buy it" cause some of us can only manage to get there friends together for quick multiplayer sessions online. I intend to buy it soon I just haven't gotten to the store yet.
if you have online friends, you could probably share a family plan.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    Lol I think my first modem was 48K but it had some sort of firmware or software update that let me get 56K
    +1
    I had EarthLink lol
    A bunch of NetZero accounts that I used for things... Lol
    +1
    So glad I'm not in prison lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea marriage is a bitch sometimes...
    I legit think they passed the cyber terrorism laws from some of my hmm pranks lol
    I knocked the east coast backbone of EarthLink offline for like 6 hours one time, was on the news and everything well I mean I wasn't on the news.... Just they where having "technical difficulties" lol
    +1
    Was just one single custom packet. I miss when Internet security was an afterthought lol almost all modems and network hardware operated in promiscuous mode.
    Now these days they do sanity checks.... The source IP can't also be the destination IP lol
    They did end up using some of my stuff in the first Gulf war though lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    GUYS I JUST COMMENTED A YOUR MOM JOKE ON A GACHA YT COMMUNITY POST (the algorithm has cursed me in terms of community posts, bc I fuck around on that sort of community post, just commenting and being a jackass)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT FELT SO GOOD
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the OP made a couple vocaloid characters, and the post had the caption "Guess who I did 💙💛❤️

hint: they're from vocaloid"
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    to which I responded:
    "Guess who I did 💙💛❤️

hint: it's uremum"
    +1
    I studied IPV6 if they hadn't passed the cyber terrorism laws omg.... In theory I have some awesome pranks but I'm afraid to test them lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I studied IPV6 if they hadn't passed the cyber terrorism laws omg.... In theory I have some...