Grand Theft Auto 3, Vice City and San Andreas rumoured to be getting remastered

header.jpg

There have been rumblings that Rockstar may be planning to remaster the three Grand Theft Auto games from the PlayStation 2 era for a while now. They first started last month when Take-Two suddenly started issuing takedown notices for classic GTA mods, and continued when, in a Q1 2022 earnings call that they have three unannounced "new iterations of previously released titles" in the pipeline. A new report from Kotaku, who cannot name their source but insists they have reliably delivered news about GTA Online and Red Dead Online "weeks if not months in advance," gives more solid details on the remasters. No specific mention was given to gameplay, but they will apparently strive to replicate the PS2 experience as closely as possible. On the visual front, the games are being remastered in the Unreal Engine and will be a mix of "new and old graphics." The UI has been updated but will retain the same style, and one source who's seen the games says they look like a heavily-modded version of the PS2 games.

The release plans have changed quite a bit for these remasters, according to Kotaku's source. Originally they were meant to be included as a bonus for those who purchased the PS5 and Xbox Series X|S version of Grand Theft Auto V, but then they were pushed ahead to a release earlier this year, before that plan changed too. Right now, they're planned to be released in either late October or early November on the previous- and current-gen PlayStation and Xbox consoles, the Nintendo Switch, PC, Stadia, and mobile. The plan is to sell them all as one package, and they will possibly only be sold digitially. The studio is reportedly also considering a remaster of Red Dead Redemption, but will base their decision to remaster that game on the reception to the GTA remasters.

:arrow: Source

hooky1992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many years ago I got GTA San Andreas for the original Xbox, the game play was good but the graphics were a big disappointment.

However a few years back a Remastered Edition was launched on the Xbox 360 with much better graphics, I believe it was the Android version of the game ported over ?

Its still available on the Microsoft store for $15 & looks amazing on new flat screen TVs, check the video !

c410bp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I hope they at least fix the many bugs that can ruin your savegame. Soo many re-releases and glitches like the broken territories one in GTA SA are still there.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope they at least fix the many bugs that can ruin your savegame. Soo many re-releases and glitches like the broken territories one in GTA SA are still there.
I only had 1 instance when i had trouble with a gang territory (the Mexican gang) not triggering on PS2, throughout many replays of the game.. So i kept re-loading the save, flying far away then going back.. Etc until it intiated and it was last area in that section, and i completed it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Many years ago I got GTA San Andreas for the original Xbox, the game play was good but the graphics were a big disappointment.

However a few years back a Remastered Edition was launched on the Xbox 360 with much better graphics, I believe it was the Android version of the game ported over ?

Its still available on the Microsoft store for $15 & looks amazing on new flat screen TVs, check the video !

The Xbox version is the superior one. The 360 port is full of bugs, if you've played it the whole way through you'll know what i'm talking about..

Reactions: c410bp

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not just use the Custom Tracks feature? Then everyone could include ALL of their favorite 80's tunes and R* wouldn't have to repurchase rights to use them!
I doubt it'll have that in the Switch version. Hopefully someone here will figure out how to add back the tracks that get removed.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope they add some mechanics of thee newer games in. It might be story breaking, but swimming and flying in GTA3 would be nice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?