Grand Theft Auto V makes 800 Million Dollars in only 24 hours

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jerry represents Rockstar, Elaine symbolizes the gaming masses, the table stands for this generation, and the windows represent 17th century British colonialism. Obviously.

iSJw9nyAaeus1.gif

Needless to say, I think Rockstar is quite happy (and the impact of Britain's colonial policies lingers on to this day).

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually I'm not sure why the game got great reviews or much hype. I'm playing it on my PS3 and I'm really disappointed. Then again I was one of those people who didn't like GTA 4 either and liked Saints Row more.

In fact when I played(and beat) Saints Row 4 I was telling people I didn't think GTA 5 would top 4, and in my opinion it didn't come close.

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet.
When thet revealed that it would be in San Andreas again I was kinda skeptical.
Then they announced the 3 protagonists system, which made me doubt about how it would go.

I have to say that GTA 5 is pretty much GTA SA in HD.
Well worth the 800 million it got in the first 24 hours!
It's not just in San Andreas. It's San Andreas and Los Santos and a large wilderness.
The 3 Protagonist system while it doesn't sound good as first really makes the missions unique.
GTA 5 is honestly better than SA in almost everyway.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
First city in GTA SA was Los Santos lol.
After that you got San Fierro and then Las Venturas.

Aye indeed.
At first I didn't knew what to think of it but Rockstar really made it into something unique.
I love how they switch between characters on a 3 person mission.

Nah, I still prefer SA over 5, there's one thing GTA 5 can't ever take away from SA and that is the nostalgia of it.

Xexyz

GBATemp's™ Official Xexyz
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First city in GTA SA was Los Santos lol.
After that you got San Fierro and then Las Venturas.

Aye indeed.
At first I didn't knew what to think of it but Rockstar really made it into something unique.
I love how they switch between characters on a 3 person mission.

Nah, I still prefer SA over 5, there's one thing GTA 5 can't ever take away from SA and that is the nostalgia of it.
Take your nostalgia glasses off.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Actually I'm not sure why the game got great reviews or much hype. I'm playing it on my PS3 and I'm really disappointed. Then again I was one of those people who didn't like GTA 4 either and liked Saints Row more.

In fact when I played(and beat) Saints Row 4 I was telling people I didn't think GTA 5 would top 4, and in my opinion it didn't come close.
Even if everyone else is like you, as long as people only get disappointing AFTER they buy it, the sales numbers will still be really high. There'll just be no one PLAYING the game much once they've bought it. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ZpMdTnZkpRQ?si=Q2MI4UugoSYifY7G Neat