Hardware GTX 1070 Mobile not working on Windows 7

Eastonator12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need to get windows 7 working on my Alienware r4 17, because the place I work at inspects all devices. and if you bring your own you have to have windows 7. Now, I had to get intel eXtensible 3.0 drivers into the install usb, and installed win7 fine

I then installed KIller Wifi/Ethernet drivers, now those are working, and installed Intel Iris Pro 530 drivers, thats working as well. BUT, my Nvidia GTX 1070 Mobile DOES NOT SHOW UP. I tried downloading drivers, the installer says "No compatible hardware". In device manager, I get my Intel Iris under display adapters, but instead of my 1070 theres Standard VGA Graphics Adapter. I downloaded countless driver update software to see if they could detect my 1070, but no. Then I got GPU-Z and installed it, and when I opened it up, it detects my 1070! But, its labeled as Standard VGA Graphics Adapter. Any ideas on how I can fix this? I can't get anything I've seen on google to work, don't want to have to buy another laptop just for this. Thanks

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Eastonator12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Your company should really start looking into supporting Windows 10. There's only about two more years of extended support, and it may just take that long to get everything migrated over. Could you dual-boot?

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Eastonator12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Follow the youtube video, the website link is for reference , you have to find the device ID for your card and edit couple line in the .inf before you can install the driver on windows 7
, will
Follow the youtube video, the website link is for reference , you have to find the device ID for your card and edit couple line in the .inf before you can install the driver on windows 7
Well I followed the video and I could get the driver to install. But when I looked in Display Driver it was a string of numbers that I saw in the .inf files. WEll, the problem is no games detect it. Overwatch says I don't have a compatible graphics card. I then tried the other tutorial for 10DE, and after that, well, the driver installed all fine but according to Device Manager i'm now the proud owner of a GT 550m..

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
, will

Well I followed the video and I could get the driver to install. But when I looked in Display Driver it was a string of numbers that I saw in the .inf files. WEll, the problem is no games detect it. Overwatch says I don't have a compatible graphics card. I then tried the other tutorial for 10DE, and after that, well, the driver installed all fine but according to Device Manager i'm now the proud owner of a GT 550m..

Did you use the wrong device ID, it suppose to show up like this in Windows 7

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 174
Last edited by Hayato213,
D

Deleted User

why dont u install win 10 and run a vm with win 7 in fullscreen (with emulated video card?´) not as fast as the native solution but at least it somehow works xD
still... compatibility issues is a worse excuse. most tools can be run on win 10 too... (even old 16 bit software with NTVDM)

RivenMain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think Alienware r4 17's were designed for windows 7, I have the same computer and gpu though :P I believe it's because the os is to outdated for the gpu. enforcing an older windows system so long ago sounds bad though. If they're worried of data breaches having windows 7 will do it.

Eastonator12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think Alienware r4 17's were designed for windows 7, I have the same computer and gpu though :P I believe it's because the os is to outdated for the gpu. enforcing an older windows system so long ago sounds bad though. If they're worried of data breaches having windows 7 will do it.
i got it to work, its all good now.

Reactions: RivenMain

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: ¿ermoH laT euQ