Gaming Guessing a Parental Controls PIN

T_Gaming

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some dudes thought it would be funny if the blocked my 3DS with parental controls. Unfortunately, I'm 13 and my voice hasn't changed yet, so Nintendo would reject my call. I need to guess a 4-digit pin here. I could only find the top 20 in popularity, but none more. I need like the top 1,000 at least. Can anyone provide a link to such a resource?

D

Deleted User

Maybe ask your parents to call Nintendo to reset the PIN for you? I think I did that once when I forgot the PIN I use to keep my sister outta my 3DS.

Reactions: MAXLEMPIRA

T_Gaming

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My parents don't WANT me on, either...

But I'm too old to be restricted from the Internet. There are 3 year olds with smartphones. My parents won't budge. They act like I'm six and think I'll do something stupid...

I'm just trying to do my ELA homework!:hateit:

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
3dsexplorer has a pin calculator that usually works (if your enquiry number has 8 digits)

BIMuKGf.png

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Any system can have any key. A tool to unlock it just seems silly. It doesn't make much sense. Have your parents call them and get the master key. Unlock it, and have the parental controls set up again by you. Set it up so no one can do this again.

loco365

Trophies
XP
If memory serves, those PIN tools no longer work - to unlock your system, you now have to go online and pay a small fee to get the system unlocked.

However, if you're on an older firmware, you're not completely out of luck, those PIN tools will still work. I'm not sure which firmware they changed this on though.

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
3dsexplorer has a pin calculator that usually works (if your enquiry number has 8 digits)

BIMuKGf.png

If memory serves, those PIN tools no longer work - to unlock your system, you now have to go online and pay a small fee to get the system unlocked.

However, if you're on an older firmware, you're not completely out of luck, those PIN tools will still work. I'm not sure which firmware they changed this on though.
That's what I thought. But I wasn't sure that the tools for 50 cents was real or not. I didn't bother looking it up. Good to see Nintendo cares somewhat.

loco365

Trophies
XP
That's what I thought. But I wasn't sure that the tools for 50 cents was real or not. I didn't bother looking it up. Good to see Nintendo cares somewhat.
Yeah. It's a double-edged sword though, especially in this case.

OP: If you do get the chance and have some spare change on you, if you can get your hands on a pre-paid Visa from most shops, you can register it online and use it with their tool. Your parents will never know that you used it:

https://parentalcontrols.nintendo.com/sys/3ds/

Reactions: Deleted User

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Yeah. It's a double-edged sword though, especially in this case.

OP: If you do get the chance and have some spare change on you, if you can get your hands on a pre-paid Visa from most shops, you can register it online and use it with their tool. Your parents will never know that you used it:

https://parentalcontrols.nintendo.com/sys/3ds/
As long as kids don't abuse this, ( I'm sure they will/do.) everything should be fine. But these days, what can a kid do on their system that is so bad? Play that residents evil game? That's probably the most maturely advanced game in the library of 3DS games to date. I guess they could abuse the browser... But that's something most people don't even think about.

Reactions: Deleted User

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
But I'm too old to be restricted from the Internet. There are 3 year olds with smartphones. My parents won't budge. They act like I'm six and think I'll do something stupid...
You are 13. I am 16. My life is severely restricted.
So you can't exactly complain.

Also I had a similar situation before and the pin was 0852 :P

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
>be me, was 9 or 13 at the time, don't remember, was a kid...
>dad had very cool VCR
>be me, trying VCR functions...
>found out VCR had had 4 numbers lock pin....
>why_not.jpg
>dad finds VCR locked, yells at me to undo what i done..
>pin that i inserted (1234) no longer works...
>dad gets really angry, i cry like a little girl.. ruined dad's really expensive VCR...
>tries pin 0000, 0001, 0002, 0003
>weeks later still trying to bruteforce everyday 100 codes a day...
>dad's VCR still locked up to this day...

(this happened xD, but after some days, my dad tells me to give up and i don't remember what happened to the vcr, i think he took it to his parents house..)

Margen67

Dirty entited pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My parents don't WANT me on, either...

I'm just trying to do my ELA homework!:hateit:
You can browse the internet and play games on almost any device nowadays.
I'm gonna assume they're not very technologically competent lol
What do they think you'll do anyway?

Last edited by Margen67,

T_Gaming

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Visa cards have fees, though.
My money is in my bank account, I don't know how to get to it without my parents
Brute forcing sounds good, but I need a good database of the most popular pin#'s.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Heheh