• Likes 69
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Three questions:

1) I am still trying to figure out how to dump the save game of Streetpass Mii Plaza (to transfer it from one machine to another). Is it possible to do this?

2) I had a Pokemon ORAS demo on the Gateway as a .3ds. I downloaded one off the eshop and transferred the save using SaveDataFiler. This worked. My machine is SysNAND 4.1 and Em,uNAND 9.4. From what you are saying, the one on the Gateway runs using old encryption. ORAS demo uses 7.0.0 which means that the one from the eshop would use new encryption. So how did this work?

3) Would it be possible to modify this guide to also explain the situation with NNIDS, which is almost as confusing? (I guess if you did this you'd have to rename the title)

My ORAS demo's save file is working just fine on my downgraded system's emuNAND.

finkmac

Trophies
Website
www.epicwinrar.com
XP
Country
Canada
I've got an XL with 4.2sys + 4.2emu "CFW"… Downgraded from a 8.1.0 following the main guide here.

If I buy a copy of Pokémon X and play it with the 9.2 "EmuNAND", it won't work on a 3DS with 9.2sys, will it?

Any way around that?

And is there a possibility that 4.x saves will be able to be converted to 6.x saves in the future?

mmn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got an XL with 4.2sys + 4.2emu "CFW"… Downgraded from a 8.1.0 following the main guide here.

If I buy a copy of Pokémon X and play it with the 9.2 "EmuNAND", it won't work on a 3DS with 9.2sys, will it?

Any way around that?

And is there a possibility that 4.x saves will be able to be converted to 6.x saves in the future?

Right, to your first question, if you play a game with >6.0 encryption on a console with 4.x sysnand, you won't be able to play the same save on a console with >6.0 emunand.

As for the possibility of converting saves, maybe. The main obstacle is the current lack of ability to extract decrypted saves from retail carts. When someone gets that working, transferring saves should be straightforward. Hopefully, KARL3DS or the other project will let us do that.

cheongzewei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
erm, quick question.

So i had a 9.2 system firmware which i had a systemNand backup,
then reverted to 4.2

After that, I formatted the 3ds memory. Does that mean that my 3ds now has a different systemNand?

And if I wish to restore the systemNand on my 3ds, i have to hardMod it?

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateway 3.1.1 lets you backup and restore save files to carts. Does that change any of this? Does the Gateway cart save backup/restore work with all carts or only carts before 6.0.0 and does it get around the 512K problem? Does it produce encrypted or unencrypted save files and can you restore them to another cart or to a .cia?

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
How do I save VC-game-data? For example Link's Awakening DX? I did a system transfer and it's gone, but I still have the "Nintendo 3DS"-folder and NAND-dump available.

Agent Moose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I didn't make a backup of my emunand before I updated to the newest firmware:
1. Is there a way for me to restart emunand as if I never put it on my SD?
2. How would I go about backing up emunand NAND?

The only game I have on my emunand is Pokemon Shuffle which I don't care to much about, so if I can't play that ever again, Oh well.

omegart

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I want to export a oras save from o3ds 4.5 to n3ds sysnand 9.2, it's possible or there is some encryption problem?

GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I greatly appreciate your help. You earned yourself a cookie:
image.jpg

Kenneth196

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regarding anything mii Plaza related (find mii, etc), if I'm about to get a new N3DS (9.0), do I play mii games in emunand or sysnand if the 2 are unlinked?

Atross

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey guys, how can I update my emunand right now in 9.2 ?
With a retail card for an example, cauz with the internet connection make the 3DS in 9.6...

Black_Knight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so long story short, sent my 3DS in for repairs, Nintendo fucks up during processing, loses my SD card and they system reformat my 3DS. I kept a backup of my SD on an external hard drive, and managed to salvage a majority of my stuff. However, my system refuses to read some of my old save data due to Anti Save game restore program. http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Anti_Savegame_Restore

My 3DS is still at 9.2 since I haven't touched it for months since I was trying to go through Nintendo's official channels to find a resolution, but I've been basically stonewalled to the point I'm willing to use more, unorthodox ideas to save my old save data.

So I have a few questions
  • Is it possible to downgrade to 3.0.0-6, (before they implemented the anti save game restore program.) and would that be a way to bypass it? Since from what I'm reading, the 6.0 encryption only affects retail games.
  • Is there a device or program that bypasses or disable Anti save game restore sans savedatafiler?
  • Will savedatafiler be of use in retrieving the save data of downloaded retail games and Mii/Mii Plaza data that is currently unaffiliated with any 3DS due to the original system being deleted?

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
so there is absolutely no way to extract a 9.x sysnand save off retail cart and re-encrypt it into any other format? I can't believe this is still the case considering that even firmware files can be dumped now..

Kawaii

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I have a question about emunand cia save. If i accidentally updated my emunand to non-usable version, would my cia games' save file be usable if i re-inject my previous working emunand backup (with the same unique ID)?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
so there is absolutely no way to extract a 9.x sysnand save off retail cart and re-encrypt it into any other format? I can't believe this is still the case considering that even firmware files can be dumped now..

NTR and the save plugin will do it, as long as the game is 9.2 or below

Typhin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question about emunand cia save. If i accidentally updated my emunand to non-usable version, would my cia games' save file be usable if i re-inject my previous working emunand backup (with the same unique ID)?
Since you couldn't run the game on the new version, it should have no chance to alter its save files, so I see no reason why it wouldn't work. I've updated to an unsupported emuNand before (black screen on attempted boot), restored it from a backup, and didn't lose a single thing.

Reactions: Kawaii

Kawaii

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Since you couldn't run the game on the new version, it should have no chance to alter its save files, so I see no reason why it wouldn't work. I've updated to an unsupported emuNand before (black screen on attempted boot), restored it from a backup, and didn't lose a single thing.
Cool. Thats what i thought. Just need some confirmation =) thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @K3Nv2