Hacking Guide to installing + uninstalling YSmenu on the R4

DabloSmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm I followed all the steps completely, but when I try to load pokemon platinum, it loads for a really looonggg time. Its loading as I type this in fact. Is this normal?

yep... 15 minutes later, still loading.

triassic911

Burst Mode
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
DabloSmo said:
Hmm I followed all the steps completely, but when I try to load pokemon platinum, it loads for a really looonggg time. Its loading as I type this in fact. Is this normal?

yep... 15 minutes later, still loading.
Use the search function of this site and type infolib.dat. Download it and place it in your ttmenu folder. Sorry I cannot give you a direct link, I'm posting this with my G1 phone.

DabloSmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, I actually got it. it loads really fast until the end, and then it loads for a hecka long time, and the game doesnt start.

laminaatplaat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've installed everything with success but now I tried the gbaframe.bmp logo... I put it in the TTmenu folder but it doesn't show. The skins or the normal menu DOES work. I'm not sure what I did wrong. I used the pic in the opening post and im sure it was a .bmp file
wink.gif

triassic911

Burst Mode
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
laminaatplaat said:
I've installed everything with success but now I tried the gbaframe.bmp logo... I put it in the TTmenu folder but it doesn't show. The skins or the normal menu DOES work. I'm not sure what I did wrong. I used the pic in the opening post and im sure it was a .bmp file
wink.gif
Have you double-checked the extension? I assume you know how to show extensions?

triassic911

Burst Mode
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States

laminaatplaat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
triassic911 said:
laminaatplaat said:
wink.gif
Have you double-checked the extension? I assume you know how to show extensions?

It was already a .bmp but I opened it in MSpaint resaved it as a bitmap (24bit) and then it just worked
tongue.gif
Strange, but I am happy that it works now xD

NekoCake

Trophies
XP
Country

HoTsHoT89

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
To those who are using the unofficial DSTT firmware (v1.17a01) on your R4s, are you able to boot homebrew? I initially couldn't, but I think I have found a temporary solution, which I think is also related to the DLDI head error.

Just create using R4YSauto with the unofficial one first, which will generate a 0KB r4dldi.dat, then replace the unofficial version with the official 1.17 (the dstt.7z). Recreate YSMenu again with R4YSauto, and you will get a 93KB r4dldi.dat in the working folder itself. Copy this r4dldi.dat into your unofficial TTMenu located on your flashcart and replace the 0KB version.

Your homebrew should be working again, but I haven't extensively tested this to see if it works perfectly fine.

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
HoTsHoT89 said:
Just create using R4YSauto with the unofficial one first, which will generate a 0KB r4dldi.dat, then replace the unofficial version with the official 1.17 (the dstt.7z). Recreate YSMenu again with R4YSauto, and you will get a 93KB r4dldi.dat in the working folder itself. Copy this r4dldi.dat into your unofficial TTMenu located on your flashcart and replace the 0KB version.

I'm confused by what you do.

Just to summarize.

1. You create YSMenu with R4YSAuto using the unofficial firmware. Generating the 0kb r4dldi.dat.
2. You replace the unofficial firmware with the official 1.17 firmware.
3. Recreate YSMenu again with R4YSAuto and get a 93kb r4dldi.dat file.
4. Then you copy this r4dldi.dat file to your unofficial firmware replacing the 0kb file.

In my eyes your being very vague. You create the unofficial one to delete afterwards right away? That doesn't make sense to me.

Then you recreate YSMenu again and all of a sudden you've got a proper r4dldi.dat? Out of nowhere? Strange.

Or are you just telling me to make a regular YSMenu with the official 1.17 DSTT firmware with the right sized r4dldi.dat (93kb apparently). Then make one with the unofficial DSTT firmware. And then just replace the 0kb r4dldi.dat with the 93kb r4dldi.dat?

If so you then you could have explained it a little more simple.
wink.gif

HoTsHoT89

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
delpickko said:
HoTsHoT89 said:

I'm confused by what you do.

Just to summarize.

1. You create YSMenu with R4YSAuto using the unofficial firmware. Generating the 0kb r4dldi.dat.
2. You replace the unofficial firmware with the official 1.17 firmware.
3. Recreate YSMenu again with R4YSAuto and get a 93kb r4dldi.dat file.
4. Then you copy this r4dldi.dat file to your unofficial firmware replacing the 0kb file.

In my eyes your being very vague. You create the unofficial one to delete afterwards right away? That doesn't make sense to me.

Then you recreate YSMenu again and all of a sudden you've got a proper r4dldi.dat? Out of nowhere? Strange.

Or are you just telling me to make a regular YSMenu with the official 1.17 DSTT firmware with the right sized r4dldi.dat (93kb apparently). Then make one with the unofficial DSTT firmware. And then just replace the 0kb r4dldi.dat with the 93kb r4dldi.dat?

If so you then you could have explained it a little more simple.
wink.gif
Oops, was juggling five other different tasks when I typed the instructions down.
rolleyes.gif
Let me rephrase, step by step:

1. Create YSMenu with R4YSauto with the unofficial firmware. It should display a DLDI head error when the files are generated, ignore it.

2. Copy YSMenu to your flashcart.

3. Create another YSMenu with R4YSauto with the official 1.17 firmware.

4. Copy the r4dldi.dat (93KB) from the newly created TTMenu of the official firmware to the same folder in your flashcart and overwrite the file generated from the unofficial version (0KB).

That's all. Your homebrew should be able to boot correctly without any problems.

Thanks for fixing up my mess delpickko.
happy.gif
Also, someone already discovered this method to fix homebrew booting before me, so here's hoping more people can have their homebrew problems solved with the unofficial firmware.

raiderscrusade

Trophies
XP
Country
Hm, is the YSMenu website not working for anyone?

Cos it doesn't seem to load for me when I was going there to see if any new update was released.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste