Guillermo Del Toro's Cabinet Of Curiosities

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
He actually completed a film or indeed multiple? That is probably the spookiest thing of all.

Will wait to see as horror anthologies as it were can be very hit and miss.

Takoto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Anything from Del Toro I'm instantly interested in checking out, especially when he goes more into the horror/bizarre side of things.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
He actually completed a film or indeed multiple? That is probably the spookiest thing of all.
Is Del Toro known/infamous for abandoning projects? The only unfinished project I know of is Mountains of Madness, but that's been in development hell since forever. What are the others?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is Del Toro known/infamous for abandoning projects? The only unfinished project I know of is Mountains of Madness, but that's been in development hell since forever. What are the others?
It was more the number of things he gets attached to, particularly in a prominent role, and then dropped from/sidelined in. He is still a prolific director with way more hits than missed but seeing him be attached to something has long taken a "I will believe it when I see it" from me, though I also see several of those have since squeaked out in one form or another (streaming being the new direct to DVD it seems) compared to had I said that 5 years ago.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Anthologies and short stories (though some of these are about an hour) are tricky things for me but some of these thus far have been pretty solid, and don't necessarily leave me wanting more which is what usually happens with this sort of thing. Get the impression several were film makers aiming to impress other film makers with presumably a fairly tight budget but does not get in the way too much. Doubt anything I have seen thus far will be for the ages but certainly something to point at if people are interested in the anthology approach to such things, and for the record I am middling at very best on American Horror Story.

Reactions: hippy dave

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Anthologies are the perfect format for horror and SF work, most horror or SF movies lose steam or completely break down in the second half, a short format lets them just roll out the most impactful moments and mindfucks and then leaving the audience wanting more, instead of dragging on.

nafankotika

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This was a find of 2022, I love horror, mystery and Guillermo Del Toro is one of the few who knows how to film them

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Yea I think i was supposed to say hormone replacement therapy