OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
As the year is quickly coming to a close, I was curious as to what my fellow Temp users considered their favorite films of the year. Personally I'm on track to have seen 130 new releases this year (only three away at the moment), and I'm at a point where I doubt my top 10 will be changing at this point;

1. Everything Everywhere All at Once
  2. The Menu
  3. Guillermo del Toro's Pinocchio
  4. The Batman
  5. Barbarian
  6. The Northman
  7. X
  8. Mad God
  9. Marcell the Shell With Shoes On
  10. The Banshees of Inisherin
There's admittedly a few major releases that I still need to see; Babylon, the Fablemans, Tar, etc, but this was a great year for films in my humble opinion. What's on your top 10 for the year? If you don't keep track of films in the same way, what were some of your favorite releases from 2022?

RyRyIV

Woke Clown
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Top Gun Maverick.

Toro's Pinocchio was really good, but I'd rather watch Disney's Pinocchio 1940 version instead.
Top Gun Maverick spent a good while near the top of my list, and for good reason. Truthfully one of the best theater experiences I've had this year, along with the new Avatar in 3D.

Reactions: AmandaRose

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Top Gun Maverick spent a good while near the top of my list, and for good reason. Truthfully one of the best theater experiences I've had this year, along with the new Avatar in 3D.
Ah, speaking of the new Avatar, there was a man in India who got a heart attack and tragically passed away.. I guess the movie was that intense. lol

I know I shouldn't find it funny, but he was watching a 3hr movie that was overhyped.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Fucking loved Everything Everywhere All At Once - just gloriously batshit.

That was the only one that instantly ranked as an all-time favourite, so I'm not sure about others I've seen this year. I don't see as many movies as I used to, haven't seen any of the others mentioned in this thread so far, weirdly.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahamas, The
I just watched Barbarian and thought it was a pretty good horror. I don't watch many films nowadays, I've been watching old TV sci-fi instead.

eternal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. Everything Everywhere All At Once
  2. Barbarian
Are definitely in my top 2 in that order. I'm sure I'm missing some, but I'm going off of Op's list.
Question though, I've heard that The Menu might not be as good as Triangle of Sadness as far as comedy/dramas about the rich go. Any thoughts from folks that think that might be in their top movies too?

as a side note I havent seen either yet (the Menu or Triangle), just been reading reviews before I go in and waste my watching time 😅

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My top 10 for last year are.

01. Top Gun Maverick
02. Bullet Train
03. Dog
04. All Quiet on the Western Front
05. Devotion
06. More Than Ever
07. The Lost City
08. Catherine Called Birdy
09. Enola Holmes 2
10. Vengeance

Reactions: eternal

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its very simple. Below the page, you will find an option to see the list of staff members.