Gaming Guitar hero: World Tour DLC

Apakarta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Activison:
New State of the Art Wireless Instruments Innovative Music Studio Lets Players Compose, Record, Edit and Share Music - Biggest Selection of On-Disc Music with All Master Tracks Robust New Eight - Player “Battle of the Bands” Mode - First Game Ever in the Guitar Hero Franchise to Allow In-Game Downloadable Content on Wii

When the house lights go down this fall, a new generation of axe shredders, drummers and fearless frontmen will come together and rock with Activision, Inc.’s (Nasdaq: ATVI) Guitar Hero® World Tour. The latest installment from the #1 best-selling video game franchise of 2007, Guitar Hero World Tour will transform music gaming by marrying Guitar Hero’s® exhilarating guitar gameplay, with a cooperative band experience that combines the most advanced wireless instruments with revolutionary new online and offline gameplay modes. The game will feature a slick newly redesigned guitar, a genuine electronic drum kit and a microphone, as well as an innovative Music Studio music creator that lets players compose, record, edit and share their own rock and roll anthems, along with online Band Career and 8-player “Battle of the Bands.”

Delivering the largest on-disc set list in a music-rhythm game to-date, Guitar Hero World Tour is comprised entirely of master recordings from some of the greatest classic and modern rock bands of all-time including Van Halen, Linkin Park, The Eagles, Sublime and many more. Additionally, the game will offer significantly more localized downloadable music than ever before on all of the next-generation consoles. Budding rock stars will also be given creative license to fully customize everything from their characters’ appearance and instruments to their band’s logo and album covers.

In addition to a newly designed more responsive guitar controller and microphone, Guitar Hero World Tour will deliver the most realistic drum experience ever in a video game with an authentic electronic drum kit. Featuring three drum pads, two raised cymbals and a bass kick pedal, the drum controller combines larger and quieter, velocity-sensitive drum heads with soft rubber construction to deliver authentic bounce back and is easy to set up, move, break down and store.

“Guitar Hero has set the standard for music-based gaming and with Guitar Hero World Tour and the game’s groundbreaking Music Studio, we are once again delivering unprecedented innovation that has the potential to revolutionize consumer generated music, much in the same way that video sharing hubs have driven user generated video,” said Dusty Welch, Head of Publishing for RedOctane. “With the introduction of our advanced high-quality new wireless instruments, in-depth customization options and advanced online functionality, the game enables music fans and gamers globally to share in the most social and expressive music experience ever.”

Guitar Hero World Tour delivers more ways to play than ever before. Virtual musicians can live out their rock and roll fantasies by playing either a single instrument, or any combination of instruments, in addition to the full band experience. In addition to all of the online gameplay modes from Guitar Hero® III: Legends of Rock, Guitar Hero World Tour introduces Battle of the Bands mode which allows eight players to join online and challenge each other band-to-band to determine who is the best of the best. In the Band modes, up to four players can jam together, online or off, as they progress through the game, and in single-player Career Mode, players can jam on any of the instruments in branching venue progression enabling them to rock out in the order of their choice.

The game’s innovative new Music Studio lets players express their musical creativity by giving them access to a full compliment of tools to create digital music from scratch, utilizing all of the instruments, and then play their compositions in the game. Music creators will also be able to share their recordings with their friends online through GHTunes™ where other gamers can download their unique compositions and play them.

Guitar Hero World Tour is being developed by Neversoft Entertainment for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system. The Wii™ version is being developed by Vicarious Visions. The PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system version is being developed by Budcat. The game is not yet rated by the ESRB.

First Game Ever in the Guitar Hero Franchise to Allow In-Game Downloadable Content on Wii --> OMG O.o.......this is not fake!

Guitar hero: World tour trailer:
how do you think the DLC will work???

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
how do you think the DLC will work???
By downloading it and playing it
tongue.gif

Seriously, I think Rock Band is going to have some serious competition. If this comes out and provides better music, I may just defect back to the Guitar Hero side, because GH3 was god-awful, so they may be able to redeem themselves with this.

Rock Band will need to do more than just 'let's play music in a band'.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nice, those drums look fucking sweet with the cymbals. Too bad I'm going to be in university and most likely will be staying in a tiny dorm with no room for all these instruments
tongue.gif

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm happy to see that the PS2 and Wii versions are being made by different companies..

Hope they're optimizing the DLC size for the Wii. I guess that the Final Fantasy DLC made other developers wake up
tongue.gif

Apakarta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah but a sd card on 2 gb......one song on 360 is like 70 mb

cockroachman, gh3 was also made by different companies

wii version- vicarious visions
ps2 version- budcats

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
1. It will come with a XGB usb flash drive designed specifically to only allow their signed/encrypted DLC to be placed on it.
OR
2. It might actually use an SD card.
OR
3. You download the song to RAM, play it, then loose it if you download another or turn off the console, requiring a internet connection to play it anytime.

As far as the whole band thing, I may pick up an extra guitar for this (only have one GH guitar and one RB guitar atm), but will not buy the drums. I already have one fake, space-wasting drum set that only gets used once a month. I don't need another.

Rooster Teeth said:
Guitar Hero 4 will feature a drum set.
[...]
Jason -- Activision is just helping turn nerds back into nerds. Gaming culture was getting too cool for its own good. Now, when you bring Jessica over to your house for the first time, and she sees your two fake drum sets in the living room, you won't have to worry about whether or not you'll be spending the night alone. Better hope the GH4 drum kit comes with a big bottle of lotion. You'll be needing it.
http://rvb.roosterteeth.com/viewEntry.php?id=686

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm more interested in the song creation. Waiting on people to make versions of Nintendo themes and such to play to. I may be suckered into buying this game afterall....
tongue.gif

Apakarta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Prime said:
Apakarta said:
yeah but a sd card on 4 gb......one song on 360 is like 70 mb

cockroachman, gh3 was also made by different companies

wii version- vicarious visions
ps2 version- budcats

The wii doesn't take SDHC cards.

Your limited to 2GB.

thats even worse

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CockroachMan said:
Apakarta said:
yeah but a sd card on 4 gb......one song on 360 is like 70 mb

I don't see any reason for a song to be 70mb.. if optimized, you could make it less than 10mb I think
Well, it comes down to separate audio tracks. For a game like this you need one for the drums, one of the bass, one for guitar, one for vocals, and one for everything else. Then charts for all these audio streams...

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
And furthermore, for anyone that's done custom GH songs, we know that the GHIII Wii tracks are about 15-45 megabytes, and that's just with rhythm and base tracks. Undoubtedly, GHIV tracks will be larger.

alucard77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"The game will feature a slick newly redesigned guitar"

All I can say is, screw you activision. Screw you.

What the hell. Do I need 40 useless guitars in my house for every damn game they release? I was gonna get the drums and call it a day. I bet they won't sell the drums individually.

This is why people pirate. Because companies always look to screw over the consumer.

Also, Vicarious Visions hasn't had a good game in ages. We'll see what they do. I won't be buying this if I need to buy some $200 set with new Guitar and all.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
alucard77 said:

What the hell. Do I need 40 useless guitars in my house for every damn game they release? I was gonna get the drums and call it a day. I bet they won't sell the drums individually.

This is why people pirate. Because companies always look to screw over the consumer.

i like having the choice; I've got 4 guitars right now so I can play what I like depending on my mood, so it'll be nice to have another guitar to add to the collection.

alucard77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am thinking it won't be backwards compatible for some dumb reason they think of. I like the Rock Band Guitar better, but last thing I need is another one.

The announcement on this will keep me from getting Rock Band on the Wii though.

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I definitly think that a Wii HDD is under way. And with that there will be so much more that Wii will offer.

Lets hope Nintendo doesn't disappoint at E3.

Apakarta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
alucard77 said:

Also, Vicarious Visions hasn't had a good game in ages. We'll see what they do. I won't be buying this if I need to buy some $200 set with new Guitar and all.

well u dont need to buy another guitar, just buy the game and the drums then

alucard77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no price mentioned with Drums alone. All I have seen mentioned was whole set and game, or guitar and game. First being $200, and the Guitar $100, Game $50.

I knew they would do something like that. We'll see if there is a drum only release. I bet not. And I bet if it is released it will be with game for $100+. So ridiculous.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/q1474nWP0bI?si=5v445vycfskxD3V8