GHTV Reloaded - Experience GHTV in Guitar Hero Live again with additional features and music

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetings to my few fellow Guitar Hero Live owners out there. I came across this release today, though apparently it's been out since at least December of last year. I'm very surprised that no one ever posted about this here, but no worries, I'll take on that task. The point is, despite GHTV being shut down in Guitar Hero Live years ago, fans have managed to bring back the service for use on a hacked Wii U (or on the PS3 emulator RPSC3 if you prefer). I tried it earlier today and it works like a charm and it's amazing.

To start, I would check out their Discord, it will have all the information and downloads you could need.

If you visit the How To Play section that will tell you all you need to know, and the download links you'll need can be found in there as well. Or you can watch their tutorial as well:

As explained, you'll need a means to use FTP with the Wii U to patch your install of Guitar Hero Live, and you'll need to launch Mocha (just the first time though) after patching but before booting the game so that the patches actually get applied to the game. When you're creating your patch, you can choose to unlock all the GHTV aesthetic unlockables, or not, if you desire.

Here is a quick overview of what is on offer here:

To elaborate: once GHTV Reloaded is properly installed, the Discord has all sorts of neat commands you can apply to your save file over the internet as well. If you're familiar with GHTV, you'll know that part of the experience allowed you to live join 1 of 3 channels at any time (where the third channel is always a misc .jamming channel at all times, and the other 2 alternate in and out themes and genres every so often throughout the day), but now, you can enter a command in the Discord server allowing you to change between 1 of 8 different sets of 2 channels at any given time with new themes and genres (Such as channels dedicated to custom unofficial GH tracks that were never in the game). Though you can also at any time individually explore and play any of the music library that was ever officially used in GHTV as well as all of the new unofficial tracks that were never in the official service to begin with (the selection of music is huge at this point, and I'm honestly not sure how many individual songs are in this experience now. Additionally, you can issue a command in Discord to give yourself a ton of Hero Cash at any time (in-game currency that was never officially implemented), you can then use this Hero Cash to play and/or 'purchase' to your own cloud any of the GHTV songs at any given time. Finally, you can use the Discord to turn on computer bot competitors if you find yourself playing at a time when no one else is online to play with/against (though in my experience today, I was connected with plenty of other players, seems like there is probably already a sizable enough dedicated following already playing GHTV Reloaded on their hacked Wii U or PS3 emulator (this online experience is cross-platform).

The new music section isn't being updated anymore at the moment as the team are currently focused on working on an improved V2 experience. Sounds like from an update only a few days ago that V2 will have a heavy focus on additional online multiplayer functions including the ability to connect directly with friends and create custom tracklists for you to play together. On top of that, V2 will bring vocals to the PS3 emulator version (but this is the Wii U section, and I've got great news, the vocals already work in this current Wii U version of GHTV Reloaded).

There is plenty more to be said, but really I would say, just go explore the discord, any questions you might have will have definitely already been addressed there. Please if you have Guitar Hero Live on your hacked Wii U, then I really can't recommend enough that you take advantage of Reloaded to massively open up an otherwise incredibly limited (but still quite fun) experience. Again, I can't stress enough, that I had nothing to do with the creation of this, I just came across it, realized it wasn't talked about on our GBAtemp boards, and knew that I must share this with the few others here that, like me, have a GH Live guitar controller (and/or at least a usb mic) and want to experience this game to the fullest.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maxouter @ Maxouter: yo