wintermute808

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

This is my method to prevent the stripes crash that some experience when booting into GW GUI.
Please comment as to whether or not this worked for you. I put this in another thread but I believe it got buried and I wanted to know if this helps others.

When entering the GW Gui, wait ten seconds after the bottom screen loads. I count to ten slowly after the GUI loads and then I launch the gateway mode on the 3ds. I don't hold L beyond the GUI loading.

When I got this crash in the past, I would reinstall the exploit on the blue card then use the step mentioned above

inuyasha555

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've never once crashed after booting the GUI holding L and then instantly running the exploit from there.

It never seems to work though if I don't hold L.

memoryofds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I also have sometimes crashes but only if I want to make things fast. The blue light in the right between the displays blinks. As long as it blinks, I don't start Gateway mode. So I don't get freezes.

youra6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting. I was able to back up my NAND but not able to get into the GW UI to format the emuNAND.

I can't even get to the GW UI anymore, much less into GW mode.

I get either a gray screen with the lines or sometimes, it boots me back to the menu screen.

D

Deleted User

Everone has its one method :lol:
I wouldn't say that it's a 50% chance to enter GWmode. Entering GWmode works for me everytime, when I press the L button, while there could be a 75% chance to enter it while not have any cart inserted.
No idea, why other people need to do other things to succes...

Reactions: cateater1

cateater1

Trophies
XP
Country
ha, yep mine is hold L into gui, move an icon to the right let go of L, repress L and boot Gateway. Its random as hell and works most times but there is no one way to boot every time its a beta so i expect it.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I actually do something similar on my first try and it fails, after this I lose my patience and do the process faster (without standby phases) and it works (after a couple of failed attempts).

I learned this by myself, so basically you may want to enter to Gateway/classic mode without losing time because the process may fail more than once, but it will succeed at some point.

RenegadeKid

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The best way is to push L entering the DS profile and boot the Gateway mode. Never encountered any issues then, crash, freeze or anything.

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
The decrypted launcher didnt really do alot, the first one was dropped in the #3dsdev irc channel and only a few people actually took time to study it and understand what it was doing, and even then the magic people expected/wanted never happened, maybe we would have an sd method by now if was was properly decrypted and documented and people actually understood it.. :) Not even sure if people have full info on all the patches etc, Didnt realise 2.0 version was decrypted, but only a small percentage would be qualified to pinpoint even the patch differences let alone the code is buggy, I think just using the beta proves that more than anything else

NotASpamBot

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
A trick that works for me is press the home button, after the launcher crashes
You will go to the EmuNand.
No need to reset the 3ds.

olfa

Trophies
XP
Country
Bolivia
same problem with other clones too
what i tried -> unplugged everything (power cord, ear pluggs)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3