h-encore hack for PlayStation Vita 3.65 - 3.68 released by TheFloW

DhAu5gMX4AEX6-c.jpg

PlayStation Vita owners have been waiting with bated breath for Vita scene hacker TheFloW to release his latest exploit: h-encore. This marks the second ever major exploit for the Vita, following the 3.60 Henkaku hack. For the first time, OFW 3.65, 3.67, and 3.68 can be modified to run backups, run homebrew, and more. Adrenaline, which lets users exploit the PSP side of the Vita, has also been updated as of two days ago, to support the latest firmwares.

To use h-encore, you're going to need a PS Vita on firmware 3.65 or above, be linked (though not activated) to a PSN account, and if you're using a OLED Vita, you'll also need a memory card.

Enso can also be installed, but only for those who are on 3.65--there's no current support for Enso on higher firmware. TheFloW's instructions note that this installation is far more complex than previous Henkaku releases, and will require more work to ensure that it works correctly.

Note that the following guide is for advanced users and a bit more complicated than the previous hack that only required you to visit a website. If you don't understand the guide below or how to use these tools, you should neither file an issue here nor annoy me on twitter, but rather seek help on /r/vitahacks (check for duplicated questions first!) or wait for an easy installer.

1. Download and install qcma, psvimgtools and pkg2zip (check the releases section).

2. Download the vulnerable DRM-free demo of bitter smile (yes, that's the user entry point).

3. Download h-encore and extract it on your computer.

4. Extract the demo using:

pkg2zip -x PATH_OF_PKG

This will output the files to app/PCSG90096.

5. Copy the contents of the output app/PCSG90096 to the folder h-encore/app/ux0_temp_game_PCSG90096_app_PCSG90096(such that the files eboot.bin and VITA_PATH.TXT are within the same folder).

6. Copy the license file app/PCSG90096/sce_sys/package/temp.bin to the folder
    h-encore/license/ux0_temp_game_PCSG90096_license_app_PCSG90096 and rename the just pasted file temp.bin to 6488b73b912a753a492e2714e9b38bc7.rif. Again, this file should be in the same folder as VITA_PATH.TXT.

7. Start qcma and within the qcma settings set the option Use this version for updates to FW 0.00 (Always up-to-date).

8. Launch Content Manager on your PS Vita and connect it to your computer, where you then need to select PC -> PS Vita System, and after that you select Applications. If you see an error message about System Software, you should simply reboot your device to solve it. This should create a folder at PS Vita/APP/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on your computer (see qcma settings where this folder is), where the folder xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx represents the AID (account ID) that you need to insert here. If the AID is valid, it will yield a key that you can now use to encrypt the demo.

9. Change directory to the h-encore folder in terminal and use the key to encrypt all folders that are listed below using:

psvimg-create -n X -K YOUR_KEY X PCSG90096/X

Where X is (yes, repeat it 4 times or write a script for that):
    • app
    • appmeta
    • license
    • savedata
    The folder h-encore/PCSG90096 should then contain sce_sys and all 4 folders from above, and within these folders you should find files called X.psvimg and X.psvmd, where X has the same name as the folder. Backup this folder, since if everything has been done correctly, you don't need to redo all the steps to install it onto another device with the same PSN account.

10. Copy the folder h-encore/PCSG90096 to PS Vita/APP/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/PCSG90096 and refresh the database under qcma settings.

11. The h-encore bubble with a size of around 243 MB should now appear in the Content Manager and that's what you finally need to transfer to your PS Vita.

12. Launch h-encore to exploit your device (if a message about trophies appears, simply click yes). The screen should first flash white, then purple, and finally open a menu called h-encore bootstrap menu where you can download VitaShell and install HENkaku.

13. Enjoy. Note that you have to relaunch the exploit everytime you reboot or shutdown your device. Of course if you only put your device into standby mode, you don't need to relaunch.

:download: GitHub
:arrow: TheFloW's Twitter
:!: For those on 3.60

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(Forget to mention, I updated my firmware immediately, to 3.68 before I did anything..................googled somethings about not upgrading beyond 3.67 for this hack but they were not true)

I better hurry up and install NONPDRM and stuff, before, I get caught in the PS=RU = RUS take KOR threat wave, and then I'm banned..................hope mounting doesn't go that badly for the sd2vita i have a spare, but I'm open to shelling out some real MONEY for Super Robot Wars X Full English, and that chrono trigger clone clone.

I meant that, to shell out some major monies on a larger vita memory card but, can mount sd2vita from vitashell, forget how it goes but will fines alls soon.

Last edited by yeshuachrist,

TylerFox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Step 4 is where you extract. Step 6 is moving the extracted license to the license folder and then giving it the correct name and extension.
You probably extracted it fine. Did you double check you renamed the license correctly (along with the proper extension)?
6488b73b912a753a492e2714e9b38bc7.rif right?

Dankmemes420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Soooo I keep getting this error :/ "C0-11274-5 And I cant find any info about :/ the copy from qcma gets to 11 seconds remaining before that error comes up.

ultimatepump

Trophies
XP
Country
Guys...I'm going nuts. I have h-encore setup and fine on 3.68. I edited config.txt in ur0 for gamesd.skprx. I reboot, reload encore, check memory and it shows of I have 29 gigs. Anytime I try to launch vitashell or anything it says it's corrupted. Can someone please post their config.txt and I'll try that? I don't know what else to do.

TylerFox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i started over and it worked! Henaku and vitashell are installed. Dumb question but now what? What exactly can i do with a hacked vita?

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
Well i started over and it worked! Henaku and vitashell are installed. Dumb question but now what? What exactly can i do with a hacked vita?
Adrenaline is a good place to start, it's essentially a modded PSP within your Vita. Other than that, emulators and enabling backups are the primary uses that I'm aware of so far.

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can run homebrew applications, emulators like Retroarch, and install both vita and psp backups using either Nonpdrm/maidump for vita games, and Adrenaline for PSP (and ps1 games).

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
i need help i dont have cmd in folder settings anymore because stupid win 10 only have Powershell which dont work

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Change directory to the h-encore folder in terminal and use the key to encrypt all folders that are listed below using:

psvimg-create -n X -K YOUR_KEY X PCSG90096/X

.... i am stuck there because no acces to cmd
PowerShell works perfectly fine.

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys...I'm going nuts. I have h-encore setup and fine on 3.68. I edited config.txt in ur0 for gamesd.skprx. I reboot, reload encore, check memory and it shows of I have 29 gigs. Anytime I try to launch vitashell or anything it says it's corrupted. Can someone please post their config.txt and I'll try that? I don't know what else to do.

Delete "ux0/tai", then when you run h-encore, with the gamesd1.3.skprx plugin in your ur0/tai it will mount the sd2vita, I thinks tha you tried to say?

same boat, back to PSVIMGTOOL, offhand, and I'll try this myself but, qcma make a backup of your vita memory card, and then install vitashell to that, then restore the backup to the vita to get vita shell on the sd2vita card.

https://github.com/SilicaAndPina/psvimgtools-frontend/releases

you need this version of PSVIMGTOOLS

1. Content Manager (with qcma on your pc running and connected), Back Up Utility, Back Up
2. open "psvimgtools-frontend-win64.zip", and click "run.exe", click "EASY INSTALLERS", then install
3. back to Content Manager, just select "Restore Backup"

FAILED - at restoring backup

it was worth a try, but it wrote to ux0 on the memory card, (i think) and now I need to redue the h-encore.(it prompted me to write to internal memory, after I said now, I'm back at default livearea, maybe I'll try again, not sure.

(I suspose I can try again with the other plugin, or just copy the contents of the official memory card to the formatted sd2vita card, its not a big deal really.......................guess I'll do that now)

ultimatepump

Trophies
XP
Country
Delete "ux0/tai", then when you run h-encore, with the gamesd1.3.skprx plugin in your ur0/tai it will mount the sd2vita, I thinks tha you tried to say?

same boat, back to PSVIMGTOOL, offhand, and I'll try this myself but, qcma make a backup of your vita memory card, and then install vitashell to that, then restore the backup to the vita to get vita shell on the sd2vita card.

https://github.com/SilicaAndPina/psvimgtools-frontend/releases

you need this version of PSVIMGTOOLS

EDITING
This is so frustratinv

D

Deleted User

Adrenaline
Retroarch
Mai Dump
Vitashell
PKGJ

If stoarge manager has been updated for 3.68 use that, works perfect. Also, sometimes deleting tai config from ux:0 and a reboot fixes sd2vita issues.

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Added Vita Shell to sd2vita, after h-encore install (solved)

(Remember when sd2vita first came out, this package "SDFiles", https://mega.nz/#!7V4Wla6Y!FOvcazujNtkMbAegivXOYXpCP-w1lulpWAJpk8FTXM4, came out (has not piracy files), but you didn't even need that, it was just a joke!

well turns out

After you install h-encore you have to delete "ux0/tai" folder, and you have to add the "gamesd1.3.skprx" plugin to ur0/tai and the plugins then after you run h-encore you will see your sd2vita, just use context manager.

BUT THERE IS NOTHING THERE NO VITA SHELL

(convince solution::"SDFiles.zip") copy the contents of "ux0 folder" from your memory card (the contents go into the root of your sd2vita card, ftp to your pc, and then copy those contents into the root of your sd2vita card (using your pc plug your sd2vita into pc to copy them there), after that, when you add back to your vita, you'll have vita shell and your larger memory size.

(Right now I don't know if I should use MLTactivator to get rid of the trophy nags when you start a application, but I guess its ok) (if you use PSVIMGTOOLS to try to write vitashell onto your sd2vita card, from content manager, it will delete the h=hack encore, by writting files to ux0 on your memory card instead of sd2vita, so you can't use that, anyway didn't work) (back in a few) (the vita, pstv, was just a coaster until h-encore, i see lots of people will full memory card, guess they upgraded to the trolls) (ugh, psn and nonpdrm test later)

# This file is used as an alternative if ux0:tai/config.txt is not found.
# For users plugins, you must refresh taiHEN from HENkaku Settings for
# changes to take place.
# For kernel plugins, you must reboot for changes to take place.
*KERNEL
ur0:tai/gamesd1.3.skprx
ur0:tai/nonpdrm1.2.skprx
ur0:tai/repatch2.61.08c.skprx
ux0:app/PSPEMUCFW/sce_module/adrenaline_kernel.skprx
# henkaku.skprx is hard-coded to load and is not listed here
*main
# main is a special titleid for SceShell
ur0:tai/henkaku.suprx
*NPXS10015
# this is for modifying the version string
*NPXS10016
# this is for modifying the version string in settings widget
*!PSPEMUCFW
# Adrenaline
*ALL
ur0:tai/oclockvita1.2.1.suprx

I'm too lazy to properly test adrenaline and the update, the last "commit" update threw off the screen size at default and expanded sizes, there was somethings said about needing the line in red? Thats the config file I have for 3.68 minus the line in red, but you might need that one for adrenaline.

MTLactivator.vpk not working on 3.68 (breaks h-encore, need to reinstall everything afterwards, did work fine on 3.65 henkaku enso)

Antiblacklist1.2.vpk appears to work fine, Molecular Shell, 7ZShell, restart.vpk..................oh and vitaRW you need for antiblacklist1.2 all else seems find. Need another serious fix for the trophy nags now.

Reactions: ultimatepump

Taxen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty familiar with installing custom firmware on most of my consoles (PSTV, Wiiu, 3ds, PS3), but I need some help this time around

I managed to run most of these programs fine, but the latest Windows QCMA requires installation. My PC has an issue where I cannot install applications that ask for administrative privileges. Is there anyway I can find an unpackaged version of qcma (the files and exe the setup.exe provides) or can someone provide it? If not is there any alternative to QCMA I can use to install h-encore to my 3.65 vita?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: yeehaw