Hacking Hack SXOS

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I'd like to see how XCI USB loading works before I decide whether I should go with Atmos and SX OS on separate hidden partitions or just go with Atmos all the way.

Reactions: Vorde

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why go for something obsolete when there is the more up-to-date and exponentially better Atmosphere CFW?

You can have both. Atmo wont load off USB. That's not what he's asking for.

I'd like to see how XCI USB loading works before I decide whether I should go with Atmos and SX OS on separate hidden partitions or just go with Atmos all the way.

Dual boot works great. I wrote a tutorial.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...en-partitions-on-the-same-sd-tutorial.601607/

You can do both. This will help you set up both atmo and sx with dual stable emunand. You will need to get sx up still but at least youll have a clean setup

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Dual boot works great. I wrote a tutorial.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...en-partitions-on-the-same-sd-tutorial.601607/

You can do both. This will help you set up both atmo and sx with dual stable emunand. You will need to get sx up still but at least youll have a clean setup
That's what I plan to do but I lack the prerequisites - working SXOS environment. :D
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but as I've mentioned in one of my previous posts, I've created an hidden partiton emuNAND via SX OS emuNAND tool.

Then I've followed the guide provided by mrdude i.e. grabbed boot.dat file he provided, launched SXOS using included payload, generated license-request.dat, run the script and everything else according to the instructions, copied over to the SD card new boot.dat and license.dat and tried to boot into custom FW and... nothing. As far as I can tell, my Switch just turns off and that's it.

I can access its menu while holding volume up button on startup, can confirm that emuNAND is enabled (as you can see in the screenshot I previously provided) and, for some reason, I still can't boot into CFW.

Any idea how what may be the issue? It's no problem for me to start from scratch, but I could seriously use some guidance here as I'm pretty sure I'm running in circles here. ^^ I'm definitely missing something out, but can't figure out what.

Reactions: Spikeron

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
It's toggled on as far as I can tell. If I boot to custom FW, console just turns off. Before it used to boot into OFW, but that's because I left my phone attached to it via USB cable so the console started charging.

I'm not sure if it's relevant or not, but I've copied back my Atomsphere files back to the SD card while keeping boot.dat and license.dat in the root directory of the SD card. (Mainly because I wanted to see whether I need to run SX Installer through hbmenu.)

EDIT: Correct me if I'm wrong but is the SX Installer used to install something SX OS related or is it just for games / apps? If it's the later one, I've been doing the wrong stuff all along. :D (Forgive me, I'm new to Switch hacking scene.) Oh well, still can't make it to boot into CFW.

EDIT #2: Still no luck getting it to work. Not sure if it's relevant either, but my OFW is 15.0.1, I think (can't see the exact number since there's an update-available message).
The last firmware supported by sxos is 11.0.0.
Is your emunand 11.0.0?

That menu you posted the image of I've also never seen anything like that before. Exactly what kind of SXOS are you using? Where did you get the files? That's certainly not the standard Sxos menu.

Reactions: Blythe93

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
That menu you posted the image of I've also never seen anything like that before. Exactly what kind of SXOS are you using? Where did you get the files? That's certainly not the standard Sxos menu.
It's the one provided here.
Is your emunand 11.0.0?
I can't say for sure whether I downgraded it properly, to be honest.
I've stumbled upon this post by binkinator and I've done all the steps up to step 5), which is where I'm currently stuck at.

For the "11.0.0 Atmosphere Emunand", I assume it's "Atmosphere hidden Partition" under "Select Source", followed by hidden partition selected in box. What should I select for "SXOS Partition based partition"? At this point, i don't have two hidden partitions?

Can you tell me what would be the usual steps one should perform to get SX OS running on a previously unmodded Switch?

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I tried doing that and the farthest I got to was the SXOS options screen (the one I posted an image of). Using either original or modified just turns off the console (One time i haven't removed my USB cable and the console booted up OFW). As far as I can tell, of SXOS to load you need to have: 1) boot.dat on root of the SD card and 2) sxos-payload.bin.

Maybe I should format my SD card via SXOS options menu (which is really slow) and give it a try?
How should I go about dowgrading emuNAND's FW? Only way I know of is through Daybreak. If I could figure out how to use Emutool properly i.e. the way binkinator posted, I might figure out the rest.

Should I ask in noob paradise thread as well?

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Well, I've finally managed to successfully boot into SX OS on emuNAND. For those that may have similar problem in the future, here's how I did it:

WARNING: Before you do anything, make a backup of your SD card! I assume that you know what you're doing and that you made a full backup of your SD card before attempting this as there's probably no way back otherwise. I recently got into Switch hacking scene so I might do an unnecessary extra step or something that's unusual so keep that in mind.
I apologize in advance for that. :D
  1. I followed this guide in order to create hidden partition Atmosphere emuNAND and get my console's unique keys.
  2. I removed my microSD card from the Switch and plugged it into the PC, downloaded 11.0.0 FW files from a certain site that I'm probably not allowed to link to and placed them at the root of my microSD card. I also copied my console's unique keys as I'll need them for Nx Nand Manager.
  3. After I plugged my microSD back into the Switch and booted into Atmosphere emuNAND, I run Daybreak and downgraded my emuNAND's FW to 11.0.0. I chose to power down the console.
  4. Once again, I removed my microSD card from the Switch and plugged it into the PC and run EmuTool and turned my Atomsphere hidden partition emuNAND into SX OS file based emuNAND:
    1. Source: Atmosphere hidden partition. (Selected my microSD card in the white box down bellow.)
    2. Target: SX OS File. (Selected a folder on my Desktop, it doesn't really matter.)
  5. After I successfully made a backup, I formatted my entire microSD card to FAT32 (using guiformat or similar) and copied the boot.dat file that I got from here to the root of the SD card. As for the payload, I copied sxos_payload.bin provided from the same source to my phone and pushed it with Rekado to my Switch.
  6. I booted into SX OS menu and proceeded to create SX OS emuNAND. This step took around an hour to finish, so be patient. Once done, I tried booting into CFW just to get license-request.dat file and powered off before I tried booting into CFW. (It would fail anyway because my OFW is 15.0.1).
  7. Once again, I removed my microSD card from the Switch and plugged it into the PC and run the hack script that was provided here and got my new boot.dat and license.dat files. I copied those files back to the root of the microSD card.
  8. I run Nx Nand Manager and went to Options > Configure keyset and imported my console's unique keys. After that I went to File > Open drive... and opened my microSD card i.e. opened my SX OS emuNAND that I need to downgrade. After that I clicked on FULL or PARTIAL RESTORE button and selected boot0.bin, boot1.bin and full.00.bin from the previously made SX OS file based emuNAND backup that we made in step 4, one by one, and restored each one of them to the SX OS emuNAND on microSD card. Sadly, restoring USER partition failed on me around 12GB mark for some reason, but if you're starting fresh on Switch like I did, it shouldn't matter, I guess?
After that, I successfully booted into SX OS emuNAND.

Oleboy555

Trophies
Website
3ds.guide
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, I've finally managed to successfully boot into SX OS on emuNAND. For those that may have similar problem in the future, here's how I did it:

WARNING: Before you do anything, make a backup of your SD card! I assume that you know what you're doing and that you made a full backup of your SD card before attempting this as there's probably no way back otherwise. I recently got into Switch hacking scene so I might do an unnecessary extra step or something that's unusual so keep that in mind.
  1. I followed this guide in order to create hidden partition Atmosphere emuNAND and get my console's unique keys.
  2. I removed my microSD card from the Switch and plugged it into the PC, downloaded 11.0.0 FW files from a certain site that I'm probably not allowed to link to and placed them at the root of my microSD card. I also copied my console's unique keys as I'll need them for Nx Nand Manager.
  3. After I plugged my microSD back into the Switch and booted into Atmosphere emuNAND, I run Daybreak and downgraded my emuNAND's FW to 11.0.0. I chose to power down the console.
  4. Once again, I removed my microSD card from the Switch and plugged it into the PC and run EmuTool and turned my Atomsphere hidden partition emuNAND into SX OS file based emuNAND:
    1. Source: Atmosphere hidden partition. (Selected my microSD card in the white box down bellow.)
    2. Target: SX OS File. (Selected a folder on my Desktop, it doesn't really matter.)
  5. After I successfully made a backup, I formatted my entire microSD card to FAT32 (using guiformat or similar) and copied the boot.dat file that I got from here to the root of the SD card. As for the payload, I copied sxos_payload.bin provided from the same source to my phone and pushed it with Rekado to my Switch.
  6. I booted into SX OS menu and proceeded to create SX OS emuNAND. This step took around an hour to finish, so be patient. Once done, I tried booting into CFW just to get license-request.dat file and powered off before I tried booting into CFW. (It would fail anyway because my OFW is 15.0.1).
  7. Once again, I removed my microSD card from the Switch and plugged it into the PC and run the hack script that was provided here and got my new boot.dat and license.dat files. I copied those files back to the root of the microSD card.
  8. I run Nx Nand Manager and went to Options > Configure keyset and imported my console's unique keys. After that I went to File > Open drive... and opened my microSD card i.e. opened my SX OS emuNAND that I need to downgrade. After that I clicked on FULL or PARTIAL RESTORE button and selected boot0.bin, boot1.bin and full.00.bin from the previously made SX OS file based emuNAND backup that we made in step 4, one by one, and restored each one of them to the SX OS emuNAND on microSD card. Sadly, restoring USER partition failed on me around 12GB mark for some reason, but if you're starting fresh on Switch like I did, it shouldn't matter, I guess?
Welcome to the family :)

dprater1961

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks to @Reacher17

Here's the guide with the graphics and new hacks, with this everything will work the same as on original sxos 3.10
======================================================================================

**SXOS currently only supports Switch firmware up to 11.0.0** - any newer firmware will fail, you can downgrade using AtmosphereNX and then create an emunand running 11.0.0 firmware for use with SXOS.

1: Copy an untouched clean SXOS 3.10 boot.dat to your sd card root directory and Use SXOS payload to launch it.
2: Launch SXOS - and if you don't have license-request.dat - this will be created on the root of your micro sd card.
3: Copy license-request.dat from your switch to the extracted folder you download from this post.
4: Copy a clean SXOS 3.10 boot.dat to the folder and rename it to boot.dat.orig (this will keep it from being modified).
5: Click SXOS-GFX.exe - this will create a new folder called out that will contain some bin files which a created from the themes folder (you can remove this be clicking on SXOS-GFX.exe again)
6: If you have python 3.9 installed - run SX_License_Hack.py and boot.dat and license.dat should be created.
7: Copy the newly created boot.dat and license.dat to the root of your micro sd card.
8: Use SXOS payload to launch.

**note - SXOS extra hekate icon can be modded at line 310 (BL.write(b'argon/payloads/hekate.bin') to launch any payload you want, just change the path to the payload you with to launch, line 314 contains the name for that icon - once again change this to what you want.**

Also autoboot code was commented out - you can re-enable this again in the script if you want to show the SXOS options during boot - or just press the volume + button to bring up the options menu.
I have tried this a dozen times i have my original Licence on backup from when i bought the Sxos Pro Dongle setup the switch i had it on died just recently bought a used v1 switch and tried sxos sd card nd it said licence is for a different switch i tryed this hack and and it will not produce a new modiied licence or boot.dat files i need help i miss Sxos and more xci hardive full of xci files will not load without Sxos Frustraded to max yes i have atmos and have install manually through Tinfoil not the same Sxos you dont have to install anything thankls for looking if mr dude or any one can do this i can email the my orig sd contents from old setup thanks

Bosstendo97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
9yap.bmp
j3dk.bmp
bu5q.bmp
uz06.bmp
b93s.bmp
lohz.bmp
1tau.bmp
uz74.bmp
r4og.bmp
9e5d.bmp
wxmj.bmp

Code:
#include <string.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <stdio.h>

const char gfxin[11][20] = {{"menu_bg.bmp"},
                            {"bootcfw.bmp"},
                            {"bootofw.bmp"},
                            {"options.bmp"},
                            {"core.bmp"},
                            {"autorcm.bmp"},
                            {"nand.bmp"},
                            {"emunand.bmp"},
                            {"repair.bmp"},
                            {"launch.bmp"},
                            {"poweroff.bmp"}};

const char gfxout[11][20] =    {{"menu_bg_out.bin"},
                                {"bootcfw_out.bin"},
                                {"bootofw_out.bin"},
                                {"options_out.bin"},
                                {"core_out.bin"},
                                {"autorcm_out.bin"},
                                {"nand_out.bin"},
                                {"emunand_out.bin"},
                                {"repair_out.bin"},
                                {"launch_out.bin"},
                                {"poweroff_out.bin"}};

const char gfxout2[11][20] =   {{"menu_bg_out.bmp"},
                                {"bootcfw_out.bmp"},
                                {"bootofw_out.bmp"},
                                {"options_out.bmp"},
                                {"core_out.bmp"},
                                {"autorcm_out.bmp"},
                                {"nand_out.bmp"},
                                {"emunand_out.bmp"},
                                {"repair_out.bmp"},
                                {"launch_out.bmp"},
                                {"poweroff_out.bmp"}};
int size_gfx[11] = {0x3c008a,0x4008a,0x4008a,0x4008a,0x408a,0x408a,0x408a,0x408a,0x408a,0x408a,0x408a};
int size_gfx_reso[11] = {0xC00,0x400,0x400,0x400,0x100,0x100,0x100,0x100,0x100,0x100,0x100};
int size_gfx_reso_bg = 0x1400;

int main()
{

int count;

for(count=0; count<11; count++)
    {
        int i;
        int j;
        int x;
        int y;
        int z;

char *tmp_in;
        char *tmp_out;

FILE * file_in;
        FILE * file_out;

file_in = fopen(gfxin[count],"rb");
        file_out = fopen(gfxout[count],"wb");

tmp_in = (char*)malloc(size_gfx[count] * sizeof(char));
        tmp_out = (char*)malloc(size_gfx[count] * sizeof(char));

fread(tmp_in, size_gfx[count], 1, file_in);

for(j = 0; j < 0x8A; j++)tmp_out[j] = tmp_in[j];
        y = 0x8a;

if(count == 0)z = size_gfx_reso_bg;
        else z = size_gfx_reso[count];
        for(i = size_gfx[count]; i > 0x8A; i-=z)
        {
            for(x=0; x<z; x+=0x4){
                tmp_out[((i-z)+x)+0] = tmp_in[(y+x)+2];
                tmp_out[((i-z)+x)+1] = tmp_in[(y+x)+1];
                tmp_out[((i-z)+x)+2] = tmp_in[(y+x)+0];
                tmp_out[((i-z)+x)+3] = tmp_in[(y+x)+3];
            }
            y+=z;
        }

fwrite(tmp_out, size_gfx[count], 1, file_out);

fclose(file_out);
        fclose(file_in);
        free(tmp_in);
        free(tmp_out);
        rename(gfxout[count],gfxout2[count]);
    }
    printf("success !!!\n");
    system("pause");
}
Can I also have the sxos splash screen too please?
Post automatically merged:

Here's that program compiled for windows for those that don't know how to do that. The program basically converts bmp files into the correct format (BGR and rotates & flips them). You will still need a script to inject these images into SXOS - I take it this will be posted at some point?
excuse me would it be alright if i have the splash screen for sxos please?

Last edited by Bosstendo97,
Reactions: SylverReZ

shinjievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Hi, @Blythe93

I previously had dualboot NAND STOCK FW 15-0-1 , SXOS enumand 11-0-0, until I decided to update NAND STOCK FW 16-00 and since then it won't let me start SXOS.

My question is, what version of NAND STOCK do you currently have with SXOS?

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom

And most definitely, make sure you have a perfectly formatted SD card to FAT32 or exFAT depending on the size you got. Make sure the launcher is not corrupted, as this will trigger the brick code.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Hi, Blythe93

I previously had dualboot NAND STOCK FW 15-0-1 , SXOS enumand 11-0-0, until I decided to update NAND STOCK FW 16-00 and since then it won't let me start SXOS.

My question is, what version of NAND STOCK do you currently have with SXOS?
My stock sysnand nand is still on 11.0 and emunand is on 16.1.0, for using sxos I just use daybreak to downgrade back to 11.0.0 if I want to test mounting xci, otherwise I just use atmosphere as there's far more plugins for it.

Reactions: Blythe93

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.