Hacking Hacked og Xbox loader?

Deleted member 42501

OP
Trophies
XP
Don't have a hakced 360 but was looking around to see if there is any way to improve the og Xbox bc emulation, especially on Outrun 2 which is terrible via standard and hopefully make Outrun 2006 C2C better as well and read about the 2011 hacked loader.

Apprrently it has options you can tweak for the emulation and other fixes? Can someone who has it please try out the two Outrun titles to see if they run any better?

Thanks

D

Deleted User

The original Outrun 2 on my RGH 360 runs really great with the hacked 2011 files. There's only a rare couple of spots where it might slightly dip to 30fps, but it's nothing detrimental and usually just lasts a couple of seconds. Other than that, I've found it to be a really smooth 60fps.
As for 2006, I couldn't tell you unfortunately, but I wouldn't be suprised if it's just as good.

Last edited by ,

Deleted member 42501

OP
Trophies
XP
The original Outrun 2 on my RGH 360 runs really great with the hacked 2011 files. There's only a rare couple of spots where it might slightly dip to 30fps, but it's nothing detrimental and usually just lasts a couple of seconds. Other than that, I've found it to be a really smooth 60fps.
As for 2006, I couldn't tell you unfortunately, but I wouldn't be suprised if it's just as good.

Nice one, what do I need to join the part with a Trinity running 17511 then?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do you mean? iirc, the hacked comp. files are just drag and drop as long as you have partition 2 on the drive which is the emulation partition. I could be remembering wrong though as it's been years since I added the hacked files to my hdd, but that's what I'm thinking. you can get the hacked files on that one ISO site. :) and, yeah, the process should be the same on any firmware.

Deleted member 42501

OP
Trophies
XP
how do you mean? iirc, the hacked comp. files are just drag and drop as long as you have partition 2 on the drive which is the emulation partition. I could be remembering wrong though as it's been years since I added the hacked files to my hdd, but that's what I'm thinking. you can get the hacked files on that one ISO site. :) and, yeah, the process should be the same on any firmware.

I only have a vanilla machine, not hacked so need to know the sketch for modding it.

Reactions: godreborn

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’d suggest getting a JR Programmer and a Rev C coolrunner. It’ll almost assuredly be a clone chip, but they work most consistently across trinity boards. I wish TX would do a production run because I’d pay the extra couple dollars for official stuff. Plus they work great for RGH 1.2 on phats.

You’ll need some electronics solder(not plumbing), flux, and a soldering iron as well. You’ll have to pick up some thermal paste as well. Use the highest grade isopropyl alcohol you can find to clean your soldering points on the board. Soldering is a lot about prep. If you don’t clean or use flux, you’re more likely to damage the board due to trying to get the solder to stick. For an iron I’d recommend no higher than a 35 watt.

Deleted member 42501

OP
Trophies
XP
I’d suggest getting a JR Programmer and a Rev C coolrunner. It’ll almost assuredly be a clone chip, but they work most consistently across trinity boards. I wish TX would do a production run because I’d pay the extra couple dollars for official stuff. Plus they work great for RGH 1.2 on phats.

You’ll need some electronics solder(not plumbing), flux, and a soldering iron as well. You’ll have to pick up some thermal paste as well. Use the highest grade isopropyl alcohol you can find to clean your soldering points on the board. Soldering is a lot about prep. If you don’t clean or use flux, you’re more likely to damage the board due to trying to get the solder to stick. For an iron I’d recommend no higher than a 35 watt.

Nice one, thanks. Got all the bits and bobs lying around from my old modding days so will have to dig them out.

Could you link up a tut please?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Honestly, after like 100Mbps unless you have more than a couple of people in your house it...