Homebrew GCN Hacking MM anniversary and X collection on GameCube to play with mods

just456

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Does anyone have the technical understanding to know how you can possible mod the mega man 8 un-dub to the anniversary collection and add the mega man x4 undub + retranslation, X5 improvement mod and X6 tweaks to the Mega man x collection on the gamecube?

I know this is a lot to ask so I am only really asking it can be done. I already have the ISO files, I just need to find a conceivable way to mod it into the ISO files

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's probably possible. I know fix94 made a button fixer for the cube version of anniversary collection due to the disaster that is the controls.

just456

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
it's probably possible. I know fix94 made a button fixer for the cube version of anniversary collection due to the disaster that is the controls.
I actually already applied that hack and it does make the experience much more bearable to play but still, playing with a GameCube controller just isn't 100% comfortable. but I can deal with it.

Anyway, I did some searching and found out about GameCube builders, which can modify the iso files directly from computers. I just downloaded one and I can now view the files inside the ISO. I just wish I knew if replacing the "mega man 8" game in the anniversary collection will allow the game to work properly.

I am just speaking theoretically since I have zero knowledge when it comes to the modifying the game's code to allow it to work properly in the anniversary collection.
Capture.PNG

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    64.6 KB · Views: 43
Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually already applied that hack and it does make the experience much more bearable to play but still, playing with a GameCube controller just isn't 100% comfortable. but I can deal with it.

Anyway, I did some searching and found out about GameCube builders, which can modify the iso files directly from computers. I just downloaded one and I can now view the files inside the ISO. I just wish I knew if replacing the "mega man 8" game in the anniversary collection will allow the game to work properly.

I am just speaking theoretically since I have zero knowledge when it comes to the modifying the game's code to allow it to work properly in the anniversary collection.View attachment 343450
that's the only mod I know of, so I assume that more can be done. it might have to be reverse engineered a bit. sad thing about anniversary collection is they don't have the remixed tracks like xbox and playstation. I think the minidvd couldn't hold that much space. it's like 1.4GBs or so on those discs.

Reactions: just456

just456

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
that's the only mod I know of, so I assume that more can be done. it might have to be reverse engineered a bit. sad thing about anniversary collection is they don't have the remixed tracks like xbox and playstation. I think the minidvd couldn't hold that much space. it's like 1.4GBs or so on those discs.
To be honest, I am also lacking information about the anniversary collection when it comes to mega man 8. I don't know mega man 8's files have been modified or if the game has been left intact in the collection. if it were the latter, i could potentially replace the file install the megaman 8 un-dub.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no idea. it's been a while since I've played it, but I bought the ps2 version of anniversary collection, considering I bought a ps2 with a working laser. it's very fast at loading too, so that's a one in a million due to the disc read error problems of the system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just remember if you melt someone might drink you lol