Hacking Hacking the WiiU: A Simple Progress Guide

mashiro21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
is anyone working on a way to make a program that can read a hard drive formatted by a wii u?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
what i really want out of the wiiu homebrew is someone to decode the gamepad, how fun would it be playing emulators like gbc,snes,gba and even wii games while having to be lookig at the tv and making games semi portable, that would be amazing imo i would for usre play alot of old school games.

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
what i really want out of the wiiu homebrew is someone to decode the gamepad, how fun would it be playing emulators like gbc,snes,gba and even wii games while having to be lookig at the tv and making games semi portable, that would be amazing imo i would for usre play alot of old school games.

Yeah, sope people are already doing that.

DisturbedAle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope.
Not many people have a Wii U so the chip makers have backed down on the Wii U.

Yeah, that's very unfortunate... Hopefully by X-Mas time it'll be cracked... Until then, I've got a stock pile of games to play.

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't say that, f0f made quite some progress but mostly kept their mouths shut. It will just take one -or a small group of- individual(s) to accomplish the same, if they are willing to invest the time and effort, who just don't give a damn about the possibility of piracy.

In the mean time, the Golden Rule applies: never upgrade your firmware unless you really have to (e.g. a game you want to play requires it).

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Been hearing some legends that Wii U hardmodding is a thing that could be done. I have a lot of money to throw around, so is this true? If so, where do I direct my money? If not, where do I direct my money?
Maybe you can contact Bubba in a PM, he is a member here.
He seems to be the person that is the most up to date on this subject.

muskieratboi

Rydian's got some competition!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
2/05/2014 - Updated with info on Nintendont 1.0 and added a link the the compatibility list.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1