Hacking hactool release by SciresM

b1313515

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yuzu doesn't run retail games!

I know yuzu or ryujinx doesn't run retail games! I just want to load it and see what the console returns.

SirNapkin1334 is right, plus where do you want to store the RomFS to be detected when loading the files ?
There are three parition inside RomFS, secure, update and normal. Only the normal paritition of RomFS needs to be extracted and put in a folder properly named something like "000017ff0000-000018110a00" and the .nso that is the main executable format of nintendo switch would load the game data and textures from the folder "000017ff0000-000018110a00" thinking that this folder is the normal partition from romfs.

Last edited by b1313515,

Mat37

Trophies
XP
Country
France
There are three parition inside RomFS, secure, update and normal. Only the normal paritition of RomFS needs to be extracted and put in a folder properly named something like "000017ff0000-000018110a00" and the .nso that is the main executable format of nintendo switch would load the game data and textures from the folder "000017ff0000-000018110a00" thinking that this folder is the normal partition from romfs.
Try if it works ^^

WiiuGold

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anybody know what does "Add support for NAX0 input files." does? can we move saved games from one console to another? or is this for downloaded games?

context: https://github.com/SciresM/hactool/commit/41e6695e6e29732ced4d43937e28b7954131dc48
On a completely separate note, I finally put support for NAX0 (SD card encrypted content) into hactool earlier today. If you've dumped your NAND to get your console's seed, hactool can now decrypt anything you've got on your SD card :)
That's what sciresM said

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On a completely separate note, I finally put support for NAX0 (SD card encrypted content) into hactool earlier today. If you've dumped your NAND to get your console's seed, hactool can now decrypt anything you've got on your SD card :)
That's what sciresM said
How could one dump their NAND?

XorTroll

Switching between my 2DS and my Switch
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Wow, I've extracted Binding of Isaac and all the scripts are lua files. Rooms data is stored partially in xml files, and sfx and audios are in wav and ogg. These lua scripts look very interesting.
And I forgot to say that graphics are pcx format .

Last edited by XorTroll,

WolfThatGoesMoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone please assist me? I'm having complications with compiling the latest commits of @SciresM hactool and I am interested in it because from what I can tell, it handles cart2.
If someone could confirm that it handles cart2 that would be great, and if it does, can someone compile it or explain why this isn't ready for release?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
@SciresM When I'm trying to extract my keys from BOOT0.bin I always get this

Using BOOT0.bin to get keys from package1...
Could not find keyblob_key_source_xx! Please check the integrity of the data used in the current stage!

My SBK & TSEC keys are right so it isn't that, someone else had the same problem and someone used his keys and BOOT0 and it it worked for them... is there something I need to have installed?

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone please assist me? I'm having complications with compiling the latest commits of @SciresM hactool and I am interested in it because from what I can tell, it handles cart2.
If someone could confirm that it handles cart2 that would be great, and if it does, can someone compile it or explain why this isn't ready for release?

Yes it supports cart2. No I can’t provide my build since I built it on macOS, not Windows. As for why a new release hasn’t been compiled and uploaded, I do not know.

javilobo8

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
lobobot.com
XP
Country
Spain

Me too. Can't compile latests commits with windows. With linux/mac its fine, but I need for windows :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: yeah, i'm Anyone, that's just not my alias here