Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks pretty much the same, should work I suppose. You would want a right angled one in this case judging from the pictures.
OK, I'm a little worried because it's OTG mode only, which means that only the USB device will be powered. Will it be the same with SNES Classic, or will it be powered, too, unlike the cell phones?

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just hacked my SNES Classic but have a question. I like the SNES crt mode...alright. But I'd like it to be a bit fuzzier...sort of like how the crt mode was on the nes classic. I installed something called SNES Custom Filters. It says this....
Argument to enable bilinear filter in 4:3 mode:
--smooth43

Does this filter hmod not work on CRT mode ? Because I put the --smooth43 in the command line on a single game to test the hmod, but I didn't see any difference. Does the filter only work in 4:3 mode ? What does it look like exactly ?

Also, how large are SNES suspend points ? I'd like to avoid using the extra space mod if at all possible, as the documentation says it's experimental.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just hacked my SNES Classic but have a question. I like the SNES crt mode...alright. But I'd like it to be a bit fuzzier...sort of like how the crt mode was on the nes classic. I installed something called SNES Custom Filters. It says this....
--smooth43

Does this filter hmod not work on CRT mode ? Because I put the --smooth43 in the command line on a single game to test the hmod, but I didn't see any difference. Does the filter only work in 4:3 mode ? What does it look like exactly ?

Also, how large are SNES suspend points ? I'd like to avoid using the extra space mod if at all possible, as the documentation says it's experimental.

You'll likely want to use the scanline/4:3 mode with --no-scanline. It makes it 4:3 but just has bilinear filtering.

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another quick situation. I was just playing my SNES classic, and when I tried to play Home Alone, the screen went black...but the music still played. I could get back to the menu using the hakchi reset button combo. Then, I tried Gradius III and after a short while, the screen went black and the machine shut off then the light came back on. During Final Fight, the screen went black, like Home Alone....though there was no music.

Any ideas ? Will I have to put it back to stock, or did it just mess up because I was moving back and forth through the menu in time to the music, and for some reason, it didn't like that ? I do have a few games that need to run in retroarch. I could remove those and just have the ones that use the stock emulator.

I don't know what's going on.

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have read that Home Alone won't work properly unless you use a hakchi2 preset 0x9C10. I don't know what this means ? How do I use a preset ?

Dellamorte13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all and Merry Christmas!
So I got drunk a few nights ago and added two games to my already modded SNES Classic: Mega Man X3 and Pocky and Rocky 2. I don't remember doing the mod but I remember I was done with it fairly quickly.
Today I try to add more games and I hit "SYNCHRONIZE" and the instruction screen comes up so, like always, I turn on the SNES and nothing happens. The green bar doesn't come up and load...nothing. It literally sits there and doesn't do anything.

Can someone please help? I'm freaking out here because it doesn't seem to recognize my SNES any more.
I really don't remember what I did the other night but I can assure you: Drinking and modding is dangerous.

EDIT: SOLVED! I had to download the drivers again for some reason and then it worked again like it used to! :)

Last edited by Dellamorte13,
Reactions: santamanga

rhester72

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
--smooth43

The 'NTSC wobble' that I presume is what you are referring to was present only in kachikachi, the NES emulator. It is not supported (or present) in Canoe, the SNES emulator on the SNESCE.

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when the snes custom filters says WARNING: this mod can conflict with other mods, like RetroArch. Make sure that you are using latest versions.

What does this mean ?

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE 12-25-17

Merry Christmas Everyone! Today's Update includes ability to now run Night Slashers via MAME 2003, as well as PC-98 Cores for USB-HOST & Non-USB-HOST (Tremendous thanks to shawnsub for helping me with perimeter tests!). Those of you who have difficulty getting PC-98 going, I will do my best to help you out! SNES9x2010 has speed hack improvement for Starfox 2. Video shows all 3 of these in action!! I also added some more Custom Fonts, including a Mario 64 like one! (Thanks Melthris, BsLeNuL, & fsuarez913!). Genesis Plus GX Updated. Lastly, that "guy" who spent all Xmas Eve trolling me on YouTube, telling me I should stop making videos because I have a speech impediment, and am horrifying to listen to, and am probably grossly obese, etc, etc,, I wish you a very Merry Xmas and an even happier New Year!

For you to all enjoy, is one of his many very nice comments to me:)

"You should avoid using words with S in them. Especially avoid words with multiple Ses. Also, your diaphragm sounds like it is compressed in some way -- something wrong with your gut muscles or perhaps it is compressed in some way -- obesity perhaps. You're absolutely horrifying to hear speaking."

Maybe I should just listen to him and just stop sharing my technical ability to help others have fun and enjoy a little time away from reality, hide under a rock and hide my shameful existence away from society?

Anyways, back to the fun stuff:) And, thanks to all who do support me!

For those of you who play the Arcade Cores, feel free to offer your input to help boost the compatibility list at this link (Thanks realcreamstick!)

https://www.reddit.com/r/miniSNESmods/comments/7gqaim/snes_mini_arcade_compatibilty_list/

Video of the 3 new things in action:)

To expect in near future Updates: Dummy's Guide to USB-HOST, including why games won't work, etc! I may possibly be able to get Super Game Boy & Atari ST going. There will be more Ripping Tools, and alternate firmware methods! And, anyone who I have not responded to...keep in mind, I get over 300 messages/emails average, a day. So, it isn't always easy for me to keep up! But, I do my absolute best to respond to and help everyone out!

And, of course, the Update!!!

https://github.com/KMFDManic/NESC-SNESC-Modifications/releases/

evilvoice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE 12-25-17

Some people are just going to be asses on the internet. I always download your videos to watch without internet connection for when I'm driving for work. I lose internet for about an hour or 2, and I find it a great time to listen to videos on YouTube. I also watch every single one just to see what's new on mini side. I may not use the new hacks, but I like knowing about them. You just gotta tune some people out. Let them have their say, just don't listen.

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some people are just going to be asses on the internet. I always download your videos to watch without internet connection for when I'm driving for work. I lose internet for about an hour or 2, and I find it a great time to listen to videos on YouTube. I also watch every single one just to see what's new on mini side. I may not use the new hacks, but I like knowing about them. You just gotta tune some people out. Let them have their say, just don't listen.

Being that Doom and Quake, etc, are shareware, I will be getting those more prominently known about, in next Update or Two. Thanks for the appreciation and support. We can look more into the advanced Doom Stuff, too!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

comments on youtube are always toxic, some times it just best to leave comments disabled.

A few people leaving negative comments isn't going to make me disable comments. The intent is to help people, not shut them out:) Thanks for your feedback:)

santamanga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Being that Doom and Quake, etc, are shareware, I will be getting those more prominently known about, in next Update or Two. Thanks for the appreciation and support. We can look more into the advanced Doom Stuff, too!

... Thanks for your feedback:)

Could we also get Tron?

Beaps

Trophies
XP
Country
What an idiot trolling you on YT. Faceless idiots mate, don't even give it a second thought. Keep ploughing on with the awesome updates (oh and sort my SD issue hahah)

Sux138

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Equatorial Guinea
Do you guys prefer to have a limited number of games, such as an alternate version of the mini (with obvious omissions such as Chrono trigger) or do you fill the console with the entire library of games ?

Last edited by Sux138,

Sux138

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Equatorial Guinea
My nes mini was modded some time ago and has a nice collection of 50 titles.
However some games have come to mind and I want to replace some,
I do not have a hakchi backup from the time I did the mod. If I use a brand new hakchi, do I have to copy all the extra games again? Or will it recognize the games already on the system?

tyjay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@KMFD any chance you could get Rave Racer working in mame Iv tried them all (I think) but no go

Also anyone notice that if you make a save state with FBA2016 for neogeo. If you reload that save the sound effects are gone then after 1-2 minutes the music disappears also?
I haven't tried another core to see if it's only 2016 that it happens with

One last thing when adding roms to usbhost is there any chance that the special characters bug might get fixed?

rhester72

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My nes mini was modded some time ago and has a nice collection of 50 titles.
However some games have come to mind and I want to replace some,
I do not have a hakchi backup from the time I did the mod. If I use a brand new hakchi, do I have to copy all the extra games again? Or will it recognize the games already on the system?

You'll need to reload all the games, including the ones already loaded.

Reactions: Sux138

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: 80s are the new 20s. +1