Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

kingj

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can confirm the Homebrews of Battle Kid: Fortress of Peril and Battle Kid 2: Mountain of Torment work on the NES mini !

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure, but honestly the game is so simple no need for English. There's hardly any text and there's still some English as well. I sent you a PM

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Download rolling thunder (U) rom (it has to be the exact one) and then the French translation and use floating or lunar ips patcher, not hackchi. Once it's patched and saves a new copy of the Rom, that is the rom you add to hackchi. I've had it working for 2 or 3 weeks now. I sent you a PM
Maybe will be the rom?(last time used "goodness" but now i used like appears in patch steps(from "paradise of emus"), but the game uses #64 mapper, I patch as usual with IPSWin. No errors but when I add game with hakchi2 the program warning that it's uses #64 mapper. The same thing that If I try to put the USA version(from goodness or paradise of emus) without patch.
I was thinking you liar me, but I'm trying the one gives me by PM and I believe It will work(It's flashing now) because doesn't give the mapper warning. So Are you Sure that the patch it's this french that I post before?. Have you the original RollingThunder USA.nes? (without patch) maybe this version works on mini because it's has mapper change, I think that the patch doesn't change mapper. (Sorry for my English) in some NES mappers list appears Rolling Thunder U might use MMC3 mapper

EDIT: Yes It's Works(So difficult, Arcade was easier^^). Can you check the USA rom that you have to patch? Thanks a lot.

Rgs.

Last edited by nesito,

cmdwedge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Can anyone list the valid MD5 checksums for the unaltered kernel dump? I accidentally deleted my dump, but managed to restore it using Recuva. However, I just want to hash the file first to make sure it's 100% original.

Thanks!

Edit: I tried finding the MD5 hashes in the source code but couldn't spot them.

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
Did you solve the issue? I think to solve it, try to exit hakchi2 and delete the Temp folder inside hakchi2/ later try to do the process again of syncro games to mini.
If You are continue failing, try to extract hakchi2.zip with 7Zip and overwrite all files of your hakchi2 folder.
It will work to you.

Rgs.
------------------------------------------------------
As usual I make a video so that you can check the emulation of some games, this time Thanks to Ash_The_Fallen...

Rolling Thunder (Translated to French) WORKS

Please, Enjoy!

Last edited by nesito, , Reason: Some incorrect sentences, sorry for my "english"
Reactions: RetrogamerX

Mamertos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi! I have a question.

Would be possible a sliding thumbnails at the bottom of the screen instead to create folders? I mean, the games don't be hidden over the side of the television if you have a lot of them because they are moving when you get the last one at the right or left of the screen. Create a sliding bar or something at the main menú.

Thanks for sharing this tool!

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi! I have a question.

Would be possible a sliding thumbnails at the bottom of the screen instead to create folders? I mean, the games don't be hidden over the side of the television if you have a lot of them because they are moving when you get the last one at the right or left of the screen. Create a sliding bar or something at the main menú.

Thanks for sharing this tool!
Hola.
This option(that you propose) not resolve the issue of a limit of games(and more games less RAM to handle the savestates). But maybe Cluster can do this, for the people that doesn't use folders(Which I don't understand, I prefer more games and without limits of savestates until I don't use them)

Rgs.

Last edited by nesito,

Mamertos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hola.
This option(that you propose) not resolve the issue of a limit of games(and more games less RAM to handle the savestates). But maybe Cluster can do this, for the people that doesn't use folders(Which I don't understand, I prefer more games and without limits of savestates until I don't use them)

Rgs.

I prefer upload a few selects games (around 20) and not hundreds because I won't play later with the half of them, so the savestate system wouldn't be a problem for me. The issue is some games covers at the main menu are out of the TV screen, so a sliding bar, for example, could be the solution. But you're right, maybe the folder system is better for the RAM. However, I hope Kluster solves that problem anyway.

Thanks.

RetrogamerX

Trophies
XP
Country
Did you solve the issue? I think to solve it, try to exit hakchi2 and delete the Temp folder inside hakchi2/ later try to do the process again of syncro games to mini.
If You are continue failing, try to extract hakchi2.zip with 7Zip and overwrite all files of your hakchi2 folder.
It will work to you.

Rgs.
------------------------------------------------------
As usual I make a video so that you can check the emulation of some games, this time Thanks to Ash_The_Fallen...

Rolling Thunder (Translated to French) WORKS

Please, Enjoy!

I really want Rolling Thunder. In french would be fine, but hope someone can translate to eng? If not that's ok too. Cheers for letting us know mate

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
I really want Rolling Thunder. In french would be fine, but hope someone can translate to eng? If not that's ok too. Cheers for letting us know mate
I suspect that @Ash_The_Fallen has a good English ROM, but he doesn't know. But If I'm right you know ;)

Rgs.
------------------------------------------------------------
More games running(one doesn't :() on Mini NES Classic and captured at 720p60

Meikyuu Jiin Dababa FDS

Otocky FDS DOESN'T WORK

Pinball

Popeye

Please, enjoy!

Rgs.

Last edited by nesito, , Reason: add videos of games on mini
Reactions: RetrogamerX

Baggins

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's probably worth noting for anyone interest that that many of the minis original 30 games are the Virtual Console versions and many contain differences and changes from the original NES versions of the games in some cases censorship, name/trademark licensing issues, or removed or modified flashing elements (not the same as the epilepsy filter).

For example the two built in Zelda games are the 2003 revision first included on the GameCube collectors disk. Zelda 1 had changed to triforce to remove flashes.

Zelda two removed flashes from the game over.

Techno is Virtual console version and has names of the players removed listing numbers only.

karloz25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will work to you.

Unfortunately no. I tried several times.
What seemed to work, was changing PC's, I went from Win7 Desktop to Win10 Laptop and it worked first try :)

Ash_The_Fallen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe will be the rom?(last time used "goodness" but now i used like appears in patch steps(from "paradise of emus"), but the game uses #64 mapper, I patch as usual with IPSWin. No errors but when I add game with hakchi2 the program warning that it's uses #64 mapper. The same thing that If I try to put the USA version(from goodness or paradise of emus) without patch.
I was thinking you liar me, but I'm trying the one gives me by PM and I believe It will work(It's flashing now) because doesn't give the mapper warning. So Are you Sure that the patch it's this french that I post before?. Have you the original RollingThunder USA.nes? (without patch) maybe this version works on mini because it's has mapper change, I think that the patch doesn't change mapper. (Sorry for my English) in some NES mappers list appears Rolling Thunder U might use MMC3 mapper

EDIT: Yes It's Works(So difficult, Arcade was easier^^). Can you check the USA rom that you have to patch? Thanks a lot.

Rgs.

I downloaded several different rolling thunder roms (w/o the patch), it was pure luck that i got one to actually work with that patch (after i had discovered it). Cause i always always getting the Mapper 64 or 19 for the Japanese version. Hey, at least the game works!

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
Unfortunately no. I tried several times.
What seemed to work, was changing PC's, I went from Win7 Desktop to Win10 Laptop and it worked first try :)
W7 Desktop has a Antivirus enable? But the important it's working to you.

Rgs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I downloaded several different rolling thunder roms (w/o the patch), it was pure luck that i got one to actually work with that patch (after i had discovered it). Cause i always always getting the Mapper 64 or 19 for the Japanese version. Hey, at least the game works!
The strange part is that in readme notes of patch no words about a mapper change... But like you say the game works.
EDIT: Making more test of this Rolling Thunder, in goodness 3.23b has the rolling thunder + French patch but the game is mapper #64 So if you have all Rolling Thunder.nes (Usa Tengen or Unl but without french patch) tried on hakchi2 one of them will add without warning. I'm practically sure that there is a Rolling Thunder in English with mapper compatible with mini NES or there is a patch to change the mapper, but I don't think was the french translation.

Rgs.

Last edited by nesito, , Reason: add more info about RT.nes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: America ya~