Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

NESCLASSIC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so after testing all night with the latest build of hakchi and retroarch-clover from github, i am still having no luck getting the L and R triggers to work in retroarch properly using this my arcade pro controller. Also I tried DOOM 32X and it wouldn't load for me. I have had success with SNES, GAMEBOY, GAMEBOY COLOR, SEGA MASTER SYSTEM, GENESIS, GAME GEAR. All these load from the main nes menu, and return back to the nes menu with no problems, and have save states etc. ALso ive noticed that if i try to uninstall and reinstall retroarch from the module menu in hakchi, when it reinstalls i lose all sound in retroarch. in order to fix ive been flashing back to original kernel and starting from scratch and the sound comes back on a fresh retroarch install

jeanfag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
so after testing all night with the latest build of hakchi and retroarch-clover from github, i am still having no luck getting the L and R triggers to work in retroarch properly using this my arcade pro controller. Also I tried DOOM 32X and it wouldn't load for me. I have had success with SNES, GAMEBOY, GAMEBOY COLOR, SEGA MASTER SYSTEM, GENESIS, GAME GEAR. All these load from the main nes menu, and return back to the nes menu with no problems, and have save states etc. ALso ive noticed that if i try to uninstall and reinstall retroarch from the module menu in hakchi, when it reinstalls i lose all sound in retroarch. in order to fix ive been flashing back to original kernel and starting from scratch and the sound comes back on a fresh retroarch install
The 32x emulator vore doesnt work, there is a version of the core that works https://github.com/bite-your-idols/...packages/libretro-cores/picodrive_libretro.so

anth0ny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
L1+R1+Start+Select appears to be combo #3 which would get you into the RA menu if you use the default config. I changed mine to combo 4 = Start+Select

Be very careful messing around in the RA menu. I accidentally changed the controller name, lost all controller functionality. Only way to fix was recompile Hakchi, grab the retroarch.hmod file and replace in my Hakchi folder. The reflash the RA mod to get controllers working again... DOH!

Last edited by anth0ny,

wiiu more like pee u

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
L1+R1+Start+Select appears to be combo #3 which would get you into the RA menu if you use the default config. I changed mine to combo 4 = Start+Select

Be very careful messing around in the RA menu. I accidentally changed the controller name, lost all controller functionality. Only way to fix was recompile Hakchi, grab the retroarch.hmod file and replace in my Hakchi folder. The reflash the RA mod to get controllers working again... DOH!
how can i get the 2.12 compiled hakchi?

DbD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
[Question]

A friend cannot add any game into his Famicom Mini.
After the "Synchronize selected game with NES Mini" & power off after progress finished 30sec, he can't see any custom game but original 30.
He is using:
- Windows 7 64bit
- Both Zadig and Hakchi2 Driver properly installed
- Entire of my Hakchi2 (2.11) folder (including ALL MY settings which successfully wrote games to my Famicom Mini) EXCLUDING /dump/ folder

@Cluster

@MelonGx did he flash custom kernel first?

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Guys someone can confirm that pdp pad work with retroarch? Thank's
Nesito posted a video a few pages back (not sure if it his) confirming it works, I think he found it on a Spanish forum. PDP makes a lot of stuff, you can check it out and see if the video is about your specific controller.

EDIT - It is on page 197 btw

Last edited by jelmer,

anth0ny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought there were plans to include functionality that would make complete reflashing to change 1 game or add 1 game a thing of the past? Right now any change you make is requiring a completely new flash.

v2.12rc3

anth0ny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mario 64 Running on Retroarch v2.12rc3

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm getting Zero audio with SNES, SEGA, N64 emulation right now. Not sure whats going on or how to fix. The menu audio is playing so its not "unmute your speakers"

Reactions: _Punk_Frog_

kingj

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
suspense is killing me, I seen guide on NESclassicmods reddit on how compile a build from github, Im tackle it on.

anth0ny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same issue, go back to original kernel, reload hakchi reload retroarch module, it will start working again...
ok doing that now. wish the flash would go faster :)

NOTE: You can not have "Enable Autofire" Checked. It will mess with RA button mapping.

I had the same issue, go back to original kernel, reload hakchi reload retroarch module, it will start working again...

Are you able to run SMW2 - Yoshi's Island and DKC2 - Diddy Kong Quest? Tried 2 different roms for each and neither loads :(

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
Holy Shit, all my problems for compiling last build was a bad installation of VS2015 :S

At least I'm testing now. the latest build...

Rgs.

DbD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No.
How to do that between dumped original kernel ~ first import games?
I don't remember I have ever done this step on my Famicom Mini but mine always works.

@MelonGx In the kernel menu > Flash Custom kernel

If you don't flash custom kernel you can't add any games. After flashing you can add games when you sync.

YOu also only dump the original kernel only once! Don't dump again.

Reactions: MelonGx

byevoltor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
In WII we had FBZX Wii on wii U Fuse RetroArch.

In Nes mini with the hakchi2 version 2.12.
The miracle will happen, maybe some kind of god in gbatemp will succeed ... We would be grateful.

Only you can do it, I encourage you.
650_1200.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Now go take a shower @BakerMan . Phew +1