Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

DocFishz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try just syncing just original 30 just to make sure it will sync and isn't a bigger problem
Alright, so I did a few tests, with original 30, and with original 30+ one game on each console I wanted to play(Genesis, SNES, GB, GBA, CPS2, Wonderswan). It worked every time, so it's probably something to do with the amount of games in some fashion I'd guess? I'll try some other things out.

kingj

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, so I did a few tests, with original 30, and with original 30+ one game on each console I wanted to play(Genesis, SNES, GB, GBA, CPS2, Wonderswan). It worked every time, so it's probably something to do with the amount of games in some fashion I'd guess? I'll try some other things out.
are you trying sync a game that is over 30 mb or so? or perhaps CPS2 game like marvel vs capcom

Parallax2814

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Cluster or anyone who may be able to help....

Well, I have an interesting conundrum and I don't exactly know what is going on.

I have a game titled "Dragon Ball - Shen Long no Nazo (Japan) (Mapper 34 Hack) [En by TransBRC v1.11] (~Dragon Ball - Dragon Mystery).nes". I play that rom outside of Hakchi2 on my pc in an fceux emulator with no issues. It plays fine.

I go to add that game into Hackchi2 and it adds fine. However when I sync the NESC and start the game, I get a gray screen and the game doesn't play.

Ok..........

I take my backup copy of the game and play it again in the fceux emulator, plays fine. I add the game to my Hakchi2 but this time I don't sync it yet. I go into the game folder, CLV-H-RNVKF and drag CLV-H-RNVKF.nes to run in the fceux emulator.......gray screen.

What is hakchi2 doing to the file that is making it unplayable when I add it to hakchi2? I'm still running v2.12.

EDIT: I upgraded to v2.13c and its still doing it.

Last edited by Parallax2814,

HecklerJH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have my folders set up almost exactly how I want them, got all the games I want on there with character sprites for folder images.

But that back button just looks out of place, anyone found/made a better option? That blue one is bugging me for some reason
Just put any png file you want in the folder images and rename the image to folder_back. Delete or rename the orig folder_back png, just in case you want it back ;)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You are awesome! Thanks for the help, Heckler!!
You're most welcome, @Tugga !

Reactions: TxFxL

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you trying sync a game that is over 30 mb or so? or perhaps CPS2 game like marvel vs capcom
Yes I has everything to do with the amount of game and the sequence it's uploading them. For example I have like 715 games and I finally add a 64 game mario kart. It worked. Then I tried to add another game revolt. Those 2 games are 26mb together. I had 5 folders with other folders inside nes folder. The order it put mine on was gba folder then nes folder then n64 folder then sega folder and then snes folder. In that order the red ligh wouldn't go off after like the 6th sequence. That sequence was when it was uploading my 64 stuff and sega stuff too. And light wouldn't go off. I took the 1 other 64 game off and then boom it syncs again. So even tho I was under 300mb it didn't matter if it tries to upload too much in one sequence. A fix would be to possibly switch the order it gets uploaded. People have been doin that and it works.

HecklerJH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not that I believe. I tried MVC initially but haven't used it since I first started having issues.
I meant to reply to you not kingj my bad! My response is above.

I just moved the folders I renamed the SNES folder "zzzz" so hakchi2 alphabetized it to the bottom of the list......then I renamed it SNES again so that my SNES folder still has my SNES games. Inside each folder I have the sub-folders in the standard A, B, C,.....ect
Genius thinking bro!!

kingj

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
syncing Pokemon prism rom hack to my nes min using 2.13 for first time after updating will leave feedback

DocFishz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I meant to reply to you not kingj my bad! My response is above.

Genius thinking bro!!
Thanks for the info, but if I may ask what exactly determines the order things are uploaded in? Is it alphabetical, by system, depends on how the folders are sorted?

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info, but if I may ask what exactly determines the order things are uploaded in? Is it alphabetical, by system, depends on how the folders are sorted?
Just read above what alwaysfriday said. Yeah just depends on your settings. You can set it for alphabetical and then it puts games alphabetical and folders. But you can alternate that by what alwaysfriday did.

kingj

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just Sync'd Pokemon prism using hakchi 2,13, no problems what so ever :) Thanks alot cluster,madmonkey and of course pcm ;) ;)

dandeleon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where do I put the retroarch hmod and the hmods in the cores folder? Also, do i need to flash retroarch before i add my games or after?

DocFishz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying all kinds of different configurations and can't get it to sync right, I'm sure I'm just not fully grasping the concept but this is getting really frustrating. Hopefully the next hakchi can give a better solution to this problem, whether it's automatically detecting when this could happen and split the uploads accordingly or just give a better idea of what each upload size is going to look like.

BrettX1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People having issues where red light doesn't go out with v2.13... have you seen this?
https://github.com/ClusterM/hakchi2/issues/165

Might have something to do with the artwork.

Where do I put the retroarch hmod and the hmods in the cores folder? Also, do i need to flash retroarch before i add my games or after?
User_mods and yes.

dandeleon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People having issues where red light doesn't go out with v2.13... have you seen this?
https://github.com/ClusterM/hakchi2/issues/165

Might have something to do with the artwork.

User_mods and yes.
so if I want to add a new core. all I have to do is put the core's .hmod and change the core in the retroarch app?

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying all kinds of different configurations and can't get it to sync right, I'm sure I'm just not fully grasping the concept but this is getting really frustrating. Hopefully the next hakchi can give a better solution to this problem, whether it's automatically detecting when this could happen and split the uploads accordingly or just give a better idea of what each upload size is going to look like.
okay so weird thing here. I don't wanna update to 2.13 cause i have everything how I want it in 2.12. Only feature I want is the memory left meter at the bottom. So even though I'm not gonna upgrade I decided to download 2.13 into a brand new folder and moved my usual things over and set it up all ready to sync just to see how much space I had left. I knew I was around 300 or more. With everything set it says I'm at 301/300. With the same amount of games and that setup on 2.12 it syncs fine. Everything's perfect. I'm not gonna try to sync this cause I don't even want to. And it's over the 300. But wonder what the deal is. Would it let me sync even tho it's over 300 now? Or would it fail. I refuse to try. But maybe someone else has?

DocFishz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay so weird thing here. I don't wanna update to 2.13 cause i have everything how I want it in 2.12. Only feature I want is the memory left meter at the bottom. So even though I'm not gonna upgrade I decided to download 2.13 into a brand new folder and moved my usual things over and set it up all ready to sync just to see how much space I had left. I knew I was around 300 or more. With everything set it says I'm at 301/300. With the same amount of games and that setup on 2.12 it syncs fine. Everything's perfect. I'm not gonna try to sync this cause I don't even want to. And it's over the 300. But wonder what the deal is. Would it let me sync even tho it's over 300 now? Or would it fail. I refuse to try. But maybe someone else has?
Honestly I think you'd be in the best position to check what happens. It still gives the warning at exactly 300 but I'm willing to bet 300 is not necessarily a hard limit, more like a suggestion. I've tried at 300 and lower than 300 and have gotten nothing but failed syncs when it comes to 2.13 other than using very small amounts of games. I think it would be hard for anyone to truly see what happens unless they do what you did and carried over the exact same settings that worked on 2.12 but happened to be over 300, otherwise it would be hard to tell if any problems are because of the size or whatever error I'm having.

I've gotten to the point now where I've had drastically less games than I had installed on 2.12, using only games I had installed on 2.12, and still getting the sync error so I give up for now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, WTF?