Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

rhester72

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From the piratebay filedumps. And Rodney, you only have to play for 2 seconds to see the changes. Well not the Peninsula (I don't even know how to spell it. LOL) change, but the Zelda title screen has "2003" added to it, and you can see the updated story right away. The Tecmo Bowl copyright on the title screen is 1990 instead of 1989. Maybe there was a "secret" NES removal of the player names in 90? I will create ips patches and post them for you guys, using the roms I have, compared with the ! roms from romsites.

This screenshot was taken via Nestopia just now from the binary nes file for Zelda taken directly off the flash ROM of my NESCE:

http://imgur.com/a/TkGFq

I don't trust random files I get off torrents - this is straight from the (device) source.

Rodney

Last edited by rhester72,

rhester72

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This screenshot was taken via Nestopia just now from the binary nes file for Zelda taken directly off the flash ROM of my NESCE:

http://imgur.com/a/TkGFq

I don't trust random files I get off torrents - this is straight from the (device) source.

Rodney

Gah, my image broke. I'll fix that.

One other question. What is the filename of the .nes file you pulled and ran in a different emulator? The filename is derived from the internal hash, so it'll be obvious -quick- if it's modified.

Rodney

Last edited by rhester72,

ewzzy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ewzzy.com
XP
Country
United States
I should be specific. The title screen is identical to the 1986 version, but the intro is the same as the 2003 translation. Here's how to identify them.
hle4g16.jpg

So far the only text change from the 2003 script that's been found is the peninsula fix.

marioxb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, so Tecmo Bowl, Excitebike, Punch-Out!! and Kid Icarus are for sure changed. Possibly others. But, I admit, I was wrong about Zelda. It's the old, unmodified NES rom. I was confused because I have a rip of the GameCube Collector's Edition rom on my PC. It is the 2003 version. It doesn't make sense that Nintendo wouldn't just use this rom they modified in 2003, instead of doing some crazy on the fly modding.

I still stand on my point that actually playing the roms is the only 100% foolproof method of determining changes.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

In that case, I will have to edit my 2003 rom dump and change peninsula myself.

Cobra83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So..... I've decided not to run any other systems then the NES itself,
I modified the skin slightly to have a lid, and different colors in the font, and put all Black Box games, which don't use ROB or a Lightgun up front, and a few other Nintendo games on the front page, and put the rest in a folder.
I used the make your own maps, first sorted them to equal games in them, then made 1 folder, in the Home Menu, and put all the other folders in that, then just cut / paste 30 Games on the Home Menu itself, and this is the result

Is there any chance you can share your mod? It looks like you changed the background color to black instead of the blue and that is exactly what I was trying to do. Thanks for any help!

rhester72

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, so Tecmo Bowl, Excitebike, Punch-Out!! and Kid Icarus are for sure changed. Possibly others. But, I admit, I was wrong about Zelda. It's the old, unmodified NES rom. I was confused because I have a rip of the GameCube Collector's Edition rom on my PC. It is the 2003 version. It doesn't make sense that Nintendo wouldn't just use this rom they modified in 2003, instead of doing some crazy on the fly modding.

I still stand on my point that actually playing the roms is the only 100% foolproof method of determining changes.

In that case, I will have to edit my 2003 rom dump and change peninsula myself.

The foolproof method is to actually compare the data, which I've now completed. Tecmo Bowl, Excitebike, and Kid Icarus are not patched in-memory, but a total of 10 (on the NESCE) are.

For anyone who's interested, please join the Reddit thread on this specific subject here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nesclassic...tendo_patches_games_inmemory_even_on_the_nes/

Rodney

rot86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi! Has anyone been able to run the Alien Storm arcade?

fba core the sound is a issue and with mame2003 I can't see any roms...

astorm.zip

180770-alien-storm-commodore-64-front-cover.jpg

rgs.
Rot

Last edited by rot86,

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi! Has anyone been able to run the Alien Storm arcade?

fba core the sound is a issue and with mame2003 I can't see any roms...

astorm.zip

180770-alien-storm-commodore-64-front-cover.jpg

rgs.
Rot

Yeah it's stuttering on Fba and doesn't appear to work (bootleg or original roms) on mame2000 or 2003 sadly. R-type Leo is another that doesn't work which is a shame too.

Last edited by MrTea,

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We have more than 700 roms on our NES Classic Mini (Yes, Europe version) in America and is there a way we can remove some of roms or you have to uncheck it to hide it ? I just want to removed some of them. We don't want to start over if we have to.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uncheck the games you want to remove in hakchi, and then sync. Basically, when you press 'synchronize games' and go through the transfer procedure, what you see checked in hakchi is what will appear on the NES Classic.

And yeah, you can't "remove" the built-in games, only hide them, but it really achieves the same thing.

I understand but I want to add 6 more games. Mine is about 720 games in it. That's why I want to get rid of 6 other games to adding 6 more in it. I don't know how much empty left. Is there ?

Last edited by spotanjo3,

ByteThis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And yeah, you can't "remove" the built-in games, only hide them, but it really achieves the same thing.

Sure you can..use hakchi 2.16...use FTP..find the roms..and delete them.you can go right in the root of the mini now and do whatever you want.

I understand but I want to add 6 more games. Mine is about 720 games in it. That's why I want to get rid of 6 other games to adding 6 more in it. I don't know how much empty left. Is there ?

hakchi tells you at the bottom of the GUI..there is available 381.6 mbs on the mini..if you only are running nes games...you should have plenty of space..if you have mods and hmods..account for the space used.

Uncheck the games you want to remove in hakchi, and then sync. Basically, when you press 'synchronize games' and go through the transfer procedure, what you see checked in hakchi is what will appear on the NES Classic.

And if you don't want them anymore..right click them and select delete.

Last edited by ByteThis,

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure you can..use hakchi 2.16...use FTP..find the roms..and delete them.you can go right in the root of the mini now and do whatever you want.

hakchi tells you at the bottom of the GUI..there is available 381.6 mbs on the mini..if you only are running nes games...you should have plenty of space..if you have mods and hmods..account for the space used.

And if you don't want them anymore..right click them and select delete.

Sounds great but I am a little bit confused. I have hakchi of the latest version and use FTP (I know what it is) ? You mean use the FTP separate ? Not sure what you mean.

If I don't want them anymore.. right click them and select delete through FTP ? And still not sure what you mean as well.

Last edited by spotanjo3,

ByteThis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sounds great but I am a little bit confused. I have hakchi of the latest version and use FTP (I know what it is) ? You mean use the FTP separate ? Not sure what you mean.

If I don't want them anymore.. right click them and select delete through FTP ? And still not sure what you mean as well.

Go to this page:

https://github.com/ClusterM/hakchi2/wiki/Modifications-and-modules-guide

It shows where the original games are stored in the file system. You can delete them if you wish.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/rI5IRxpcwDk?si=g8PPkbkjsSuwpjZW +1