Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

iDaw_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi Guys,

I have one question : how to change screen saver ? not the pixel art but Mario and Luigi (to change characters)

Thanks

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have about 150 or so NES games and Contra is the only one that I've had problems with so far....so, we'll see...I've found what I think is a complete no intro set of roms. So if I ever have any problems with other games, I'll be able to switch them out.

Unrelated subject....when the SNES classic comes out, if as I suspect, the insides are the same as the nes mini, will we need a whole entire different version of hakchi, or will we be able to use the old version ?

We will probably need to use a different hakchi2. But, copying over files, like we do currently, should hopefully work just as easily.

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country

Mamertos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The link for the artwork is dead but the instructions on how to create your own are here: https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....ments/5r6iss/screen_saver_pixelart_update_v2/

I've got robocop, bomberman, batman etc etc all running great as extra pixel art. :)

A suggestion. As the instructions say, the sprites are not random if you put them into a single folder. But I have two sprites per game and they are displayed random, but it means you need put them into each game you have, no empty folders. One pixelart folder in every game, I mean.

Last edited by Mamertos,

bigjdoberman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
/bin/n64 And, RetroArch HMOD also needs installed.

It already had that but still doesn't start up unless I change the settings in Retroarch manually...even then the two games don't play great.. Try getting the two star wars games working (shadows of the empire and Rogue Squadron)

Thanks

Bigjdoberman

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It already had that but still doesn't start up unless I change the settings in Retroarch manually...even then the two games don't play great.. Try getting the two star wars games working (shadows of the empire and Rogue Squadron)

Thanks

Bigjdoberman

You picked games that do not run to begin with. Try Super Mario 64 or Star Fox 64 as test games.

rot86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
@KMFDManic Could you check if this arcade game works ?

Golden Axe: The Revenge of Death Adder

vMNXGfk.png

Code:
/bin/mame2003 /usr/share/games/nes/kachikachi/CLV-Z-JHMCN/ga2.zip --ra-nosaves

I didn't make it work, I would like to know if with any of your cores it can work... it's possible ?

Best Regards. B-)
RH.

Last edited by rot86,

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@KMFDManic Could you check if this arcade game works ?

Golden Axe: The Revenge of Death Adder

vMNXGfk.png

Code:
/bin/mame2003 /usr/share/games/nes/kachikachi/CLV-Z-JHMCN/ga2.zip --ra-nosaves

I didn't make it work, I would like to know if with any of your cores it can work... it's possible ?

Best Regards. B-)
RH.

Yeah, it works with the MAME 2003 in my set. So does Spider-Man.

Reactions: rot86

TheWez1981

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
How do I adjust the background color in the color swap hack?
I'd like it to be this color: #757575

Maybe someone can help me... I'm working on a mash up skin for the NESC, a mix between NES and FamiCom skin, and I want to test it out.

rot86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
mupen or glupen, which version is better for nintendo 64 ?

@KMFDManic Golden Axe: The Revenge of Death Adder, doesn't work with the core mame2003 in your set, please send me your backup... :sad:

Last edited by rot86,

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, sometimes when changes are made for the better, other things get broken...or lost in translation. In this case, MAME 2003 has had several changes over the last 2 weeks. But, sadly, System 32 Support (Jurassic Park, Spider-Man, Golden Axe: The Revenge of Death Adder) got screwed up with an Update. So, I am "Rolling Back" the MAME Core. Here is a temporary link to "Correct" MAME 2003 that will support System 32. I will Update it to my Set by tomorrow. So, as of right now, unless System 32 gets "Rectified" in Future MAME 2003 Updates, we will stick with "THIS" variant of it:)

https://ufile.io/j85zu

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

mupen or glupen, which version is better for nintendo 64 ?

@KMFDManic Golden Axe: The Revenge of Death Adder, doesn't work with the core mame2003 in your set, please send me your backup... :sad:

Latest Post has info on this:) I posted a "Rollback" MAME 2003 Core that works with the game, in question:)

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Turbografx-CD Test Successful!!! We now have ability to play Turbo-CD Games on the Mini NES! I will update the core to my set, today:) I will also post a video. There are several changes to cores, which I will also give info on.

ochentay4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
How to use RetroArch NES core instead of NES Mini Emulator for EVERY ROM that I add, instead of using internal Emulator for compatible roms?

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How to use RetroArch NES core instead of NES Mini Emulator for EVERY ROM that I add, instead of using internal Emulator for compatible roms?

At end of Command Line Arguments for Advanced Users Only, for any specific Game, leave one space, then type in either...

--retroarch --core nestopia

OR

--retroarch -fceumm

This would be you choosing which of the two cores you want to run NES. Compressed Games, a more advanced technique, will need to be command lined to run with fceumm. So, if extracted, you can put either command line. If compressed, the fceumm one.

Here is a video that shows briefly, me compressing, as well as adding command line:) Keep in mind, despite me saying you have a choice of nestopia or fceumm. Nestopia will not load the compressed ones, automatically. Fceumm will, however:)

Reactions: ochentay4

byevoltor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
smk+copa.jpg

Hi.

Thanks to all GBATEMP ..... All !!!!!

Especially Cluster and KMFDManic.

Sir. D. Cluster I have reserved the snes classic mini, I hope to show us the magic again.:hrth:

Sir. D. KMFDManic we hope you continue with your great work on Nes and Snes classic mini.:gba:

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NES Classic - Dinothawr Test (Standalone Puzzle Game:)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

smk+copa.jpg

Hi.

Thanks to all GBATEMP ..... All !!!!!

Especially Cluster and KMFDManic.

Sir. D. Cluster I have reserved the snes classic mini, I hope to show us the magic again.:hrth:

Sir. D. KMFDManic we hope you continue with your great work on Nes and Snes classic mini.:gba:

Hopefully, this can all be "moved" over to the SNES Mini, without much hassle! Highly doubtful we will have more memory to work with. They probably used the same Nand Chip.

projections

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hopefully, this can all be "moved" over to the SNES Mini, without much hassle! Highly doubtful we will have more memory to work with. They probably used the same Nand Chip.

If this is the case, then how realistic would you say adding having (if I choose not to keep the pre-installed games) a total of 70 SNES roms and 25 GBA roms to the system is? (I compiled a list of all the games I would like to play on my system, and landed on that number.) With very rough calculations, I've made a note they could take as much as 480 mb of space, but that's unzipped, and I didn't use the minimum rom size, but rather the average. Do you know of any other tricks that help save storage space, than just adding zipped roms to hakchi?

Last edited by projections,

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this is the case, then how realistic would you say adding having (if I choose not to keep the pre-installed games) a total of 70 SNES roms and 25 GBA roms to the system is? (I compiled a list of all the games I would like to play on my system, and landed on that number.) With very rough calculations, I've made a note they could take as much as 480 mb of space, but that's unzipped, and I didn't use the minimum rom size, but rather the average. Do you know of any other tricks that help save storage space, than just adding zipped roms to hakchi?

Artwork, lossless reduction, which I have done videos on:)

projections

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Artwork, lossless reduction, which I have done videos on:)

Well, let me put it this way: do you think that in order to have the aforementioned 95 games, I would have to do some advanced compressing? I guess one could assume they won't all fit in there with literally zero compression, but would simply packing them once possibly suffice - in your opinion? I mean, since you have so much experience in these matters (by looking at the number of videos you've done on the NESCE), I trust your judgement. Let's say you wanted to put those games on the NESCE yourself - would simply looking at the project make you think "Yeah, this is definitely going to need some extra work", or, "These will probably fit just fine after compressing them just once".

I'm not sure if I have the patience / courage to start learning all these advanced methods; I think if that was the case, I would rather just start cutting down the list. And yeah, all of this is just speculation but I guess I just like having my mind at ease...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gay history is serious +1