Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, let me put it this way: do you think that in order to have the aforementioned 95 games, I would have to do some advanced compressing? I guess one could assume they won't all fit in there with literally zero compression, but would simply packing them once possibly suffice - in your opinion? I mean, since you have so much experience in these matters (by looking at the number of videos you've done on the NESCE), I trust your judgement. Let's say you wanted to put those games on the NESCE yourself - would simply looking at the project make you think "Yeah, this is definitely going to need some extra work", or, "These will probably fit just fine after compressing them just once".

I'm not sure if I have the patience / courage to start learning all these advanced methods; I think if that was the case, I would rather just start cutting down the list. And yeah, all of this is just speculation but I guess I just like having my mind at ease...

It isn't too complicated:) You have to figure, roughly 381.6 Mb if it is similar to the Nand Flash we currently have. Of that, there is memory you really can't touch. So, it comes down to closer to 330 Mb or so, that you can get on the Mini NES. BUT, this is where things might get tricky. the SNES Games, if considered permanent memory on the Mini SNES, can pose a problem. We may have to "delete" them from the Mini SNES to even use that space. 20 Mb or so for the 30 NES Games on Mini NES. It will be MORE for the 21 games on Mini SNES. So, that is just one obstacle. We will likely need a modified version of hakchi2, once and if a hack mode of transportation is in place.

As far as your question. It is simple. Take the games you have, and 7zip them all. Whatever size they end up being...If under 330 Mb (Number to possibly change with the SNES 21 Game issue), may have a good chance at working, if the Mini SNES pans out.

projections

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
It isn't too complicated:) You have to figure, roughly 381.6 Mb if it is similar to the Nand Flash we currently have. Of that, there is memory you really can't touch. So, it comes down to closer to 330 Mb or so, that you can get on the Mini NES. BUT, this is where things might get tricky. the SNES Games, if considered permanent memory on the Mini SNES, can pose a problem. We may have to "delete" them from the Mini SNES to even use that space. 20 Mb or so for the 30 NES Games on Mini NES. It will be MORE for the 21 games on Mini SNES. So, that is just one obstacle. We will likely need a modified version of hakchi2, once and if a hack mode of transportation is in place.

As far as your question. It is simple. Take the games you have, and 7zip them all. Whatever size they end up being...If under 330 Mb (Number to possibly change with the SNES 21 Game issue), may have a good chance at working, if the Mini SNES pans out.

Yeah, I suppose it's way too early to make a 100% safe guess just yet. Once the console is launched, the final truth will probably be revealed in no time... It might be that having all of them, even with the best compression techniques, could be too much for the poor console to handle, but there's still too many lingering what-ifs in the air to tell for certain, so I guess I'll just continue to wait for the system and hope for the best :) Anyway, thank you very much for your replies!

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like all the games included with the SNES Classic. There are only a handful of games that I plan on adding. Pilotwings, F-Zero, Bill Lambeer's Combat Basketball, Chrono Trigger, and maybe NBA JAM.

Mamertos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I like all the games included with the SNES Classic. There are only a handful of games that I plan on adding. Pilotwings, F-Zero, Bill Lambeer's Combat Basketball, Chrono Trigger, and maybe NBA JAM.
F-Zero is included in the SNES Mini. I miss some beat em up and puzzle games only (also DKC 2)

Last edited by Mamertos,

ArcNoculus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this is the case, then how realistic would you say adding having (if I choose not to keep the pre-installed games) a total of 70 SNES roms and 25 GBA roms to the system is?

The 25 GBA games would be your issue. These buggers take up much more space than SNES games and will quickly fill your system. I'd recommend add a few less games and rotate them out as you complete some.

projections

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
The 25 GBA games would be your issue. These buggers take up much more space than SNES games and will quickly fill your system. I'd recommend add a few less games and rotate them out as you complete some.

Well, I finished downloading the games yesterday and the combined total size, when in zip form, is 210 megabytes so maybe they'll all fit...maybe? At least, if the amount of free space we have is roughly the same as with the NESCE, and if Super Hakchi (or whatever it will be called) supports games that are compressed. Keeping my hopes up!

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Well, I finished downloading the games yesterday and the combined total size, when in zip form, is 210 megabytes so maybe they'll all fit...maybe? At least, if the amount of free space we have is roughly the same as with the NESCE, and if Super Hakchi (or whatever it will be called) supports games that are compressed. Keeping my hopes up!
The SNESCE may have the same board as the NESCE but who says that they didn't build in any protection through software. I mean they anyway had to rewrite the UI and emulator to run SNES games. Also if the USB port doesn't allow for data transfer we are pretty much screwed. Anyway I hope that those restrictions won't be implemented. Assuming that you have a NES Mini, why don't you put the games on your NES instead? Don't forget those 21 SNES games will take up more space then 30 NES games, the overhaul of the UI and the emulator may also take up extra precious space.

projections

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
The SNESCE may have the same board as the NESCE but who says that they didn't build in any protection through software. I mean they anyway had to rewrite the UI and emulator to run SNES games. Also if the USB port doesn't allow for data transfer we are pretty much screwed. Anyway I hope that those restrictions won't be implemented. Assuming that you have a NES Mini, why don't you put the games on your NES instead? Don't forget those 21 SNES games will take up more space then 30 NES games, the overhaul of the UI and the emulator may also take up extra precious space.

If the SNESCE proves to be unhackable, then I probably will add them to my NESCE. At the moment, I don't see the point because I lack the controllers needed for anything that requires more than two buttons.

Reactions: jelmer

Mamertos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi! Does anyone know how to access to the Mini directory using the Cluster Clovershell tool? I download the file clovershell.exe and run it but I get the following text:

Started Telnet server on telnet: //127.0.0.1: 1023
Started FTP server on ftp: // root: [email protected]: 1021
Press ENTER to stop.

Any help? I am not an expert and I have no idea how I can write the commands I want, since if I press ENTER the application closes. Thanks.

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! Does anyone know how to access to the Mini directory using the Cluster Clovershell tool? I download the file clovershell.exe and run it but I get the following text:

Started Telnet server on telnet: //127.0.0.1: 1023
Started FTP server on ftp: // root: [email protected]: 1021
Press ENTER to stop.

Any help? I am not an expert and I have no idea how I can write the commands I want, since if I press ENTER the application closes. Thanks.

You are going about it the wrong way:)

I go over FTP in this video...

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I revised my Bios Module Set (New-Neo, Non-Neo, Old-Neo). I was able to cut it down to about half the size of the previous ones. I also updated and replaced several files in the set. One nice bonus to this...Some of you may have noticed that sound was not too good in GBA games. By injecting the true GBA Bios into my Bios Module, and allowing MGBA, VBA Next, etc, to use it...Sound is "much better". I also updated Bios for Turbografx-CD, so that there is support for even more games:) You can read on the status of my Turbografx-CD Project, within the v2.5 Update:) Finally, I also made sure all pertinent Bios Files md5 hashchecked as they were expected to. Some Bios are "optional". But, there are times when these are necessary to use. I plan on doing a video doing a Bios Overview within the next few days, to better clarify things on this front! As far as Bios Module and Core Updates...I will post the Newly Updated & Revised Set, tomorrow! I may include yet another core that hasn't been done on the Mini before, if I have time to test it a little more!

Cave Story Nxengine had a "in game save" bug. So, I rolled that back to 8-5-17. Get the proper Core from my Mega HMOD Thread. Expect the entire set to be updated, yet again...tomorrow:)

https://www.reddit.com/r/nesclassicmods/comments/6j2zoo/the_mega_hmod_thread/

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have really gone to town on Revising the Core Set/Bios Module/s. I would recommend uninstalling and deleting old set/s I posted, completely. I updated EVERY Core in some way, shape, or form. To avoid confusion, just eradicate the old set (From User Mods Folder:) The Revised Set has many different additions, changes, etc! A few examples are, increased compatibility for Turbografx-CD (Watch the posted video, for info on this, in particular! GBA Games Sound Fix (Also in the video!), Cave Story In Game Save State Fix Rollback, FBA Sound & Bug Fixes, SNES 2005 Update, Sega Saturn Yabause Update, Complete Overhaul to Master Bios Modules! Not only did I shrink them down to a much smaller size. But, I md5 Hash-Checked all pertinent files to make sure they were kosher:) These are also gone into detail about in the video! You will get an idea of what is necessary and what is optional! And, cases where optional Bios can come in handy (Of course, shown in the video, too!) Links to both the video, as well as the Updated Core Set below this post!!! As an additional bonus, you get to sit in with me as I rip a Turbografx-CD Game, down to two different, working sizes for the Mini NES, Ripped & Compressed without music, as well as Full & Compressed with music! Link to that video, as well! Next up, will be tentatively testing out Minecraft Clone to run on the Mini NES! Not entirely sure this will be feasible! But, it is worth a shot! I got a few other Cores going. But, as of right now, they have no apparent Controller Support, so they are omitted from this set. More Updates within next few days! Enjoy the videos and this Revised Set for now!

--MASSIVELY OVERHAULED BULK HMOD/CORE/BIOS MODULE SET! (8-14-17)

https://www.reddit.com/r/nesclassicmods/comments/6j2zoo/the_mega_hmod_thread/

Video Links:

NES Classic - Bios Overview/Audit & GBA Sound Fix:)

I do a Bios Audit/Overview of my personally put together Bios Module! You also get to see a nifty little trick to fix the sound in some problematic GBA Games! You also get a little peek at an obscure Turbografx-CD Game, that is the red-headed step-child to Final Fantasy V, in sadomasochist form!! Unlike Sega CD, PCE-CD Games were generally not censored outside the USA! Link to the Updated Core/HMOD/Bios Module Set that I compiled below! Enjoy the video!

NES Classic - Let's Rip a Turbografx-CD Game!

Sit with me as I go through the process of ripping a Turbografx-CD Game down to two sizes that work on the Mini NES. One, Ripped and Converted & Compressed, with unnecessary audio removed. The other, Full & Converted & Compressed, with the audio untouched!

Last edited by KMFDManic,

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The nes mini also "couldn't transfer data through USB" we all see how that turned out.

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
The nes mini also "couldn't transfer data through USB" we all see how that turned out.
Yes of course it did that is how you load up roms to your system, if the USB was only for power there would be no way to upload roms on the NES Mini without a hardware mod.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/rI5IRxpcwDk?si=g8PPkbkjsSuwpjZW +1