Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been that way for a while, I remember with 2.20 I had XX memory used and after 2.21 I had more than that even if I had more games onto it. Adding the More space module also makes more space available by moving save states.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't understand what is supposed to be wrong there... didn't see anything tiny or anything... (well maybe that Chrono Trigger cover but isn't it because they used a foreign rom?

bugs people encounter is because they go too fast and don't do things proprerly.

If you want to update, keep the same folder, drag the content of the new hakchi release inside your original directory, just be sure to keep any "custom" folder icon you may use. then do flash custom kernel and then everything should be fine, always flash new kernel before using new features.

There is something you are doing wrong.
This isn't a brick if you can still play... just download latest hakchi and try getting a "virgin" dump online and reflash this you your console...
where do you get the more space module ? And how do you install it ?

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
maybe I'm not understanding you because you don't seem to be an english speaker....but I'm just not getting it. I have 2.21d. According to you, it moves the 21 games to a protected memory that doesn't count towards the storage space ?
what you not unterstand?

with 2.20 the original games and the added games and saves are on the same Storage space.

with 2.21 the original games are on a other nand space that is only read. they dont take memory away
the added games are on the regular space lie the saves and have more space because the original games are not in that storage space.

where do you get the more space module ? And how do you install it ?
he means the mod that is in hakci 2.21 that move the saves, rewind and save state to a 50MB Nand.
that make that the saves and co dont take storage from the storage where you add the games

beschäftige dich erstmal wie speicher und computer funktionieren.
aber das ist wohl noch zu hoch für klick kiddies

Last edited by Liriel,

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SNES Classic - Convert NESC Set to SNES Set! (Long Version)

Invested a lot of time into setting up your NES Classic! But, you picked up an SNES Classic, as well! Here is how to very easily convert your NES Classic Set-up over to your SNES Classic, and vice versa! I will do a "Short Version" Video, as well! I may start doing short and long versions, since there are 2 different audiences:) Those who are new to the game, and those who just need a few pointers into the correct direction! Enjoy the video!

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what you not unterstand?

with 2.20 the original games and the added games and saves are on the same Storage space.

with 2.21 the original games are on a other nand space that is only read. they dont take memory away
the added games are on the regular space lie the saves and have more space because the original games are not in that storage space.

he means the mod that is in hakci 2.21 that move the saves, rewind and save state to a 50MB Nand.
that make that the saves and co dont take storage from the storage where you add the games

beschäftige dich erstmal wie speicher und computer funktionieren.
aber das ist wohl noch zu hoch für klick kiddies
how does the more space module work ? Where is it ?

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
how it works?
i take the saves on a other nand space.

it is in hakchi! a hmod.

sorry but i think you should let hakchi be because you have no experience with computers

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how it works?
i take the saves on a other nand space.

it is in hakchi! a hmod.

sorry but i think you should let hakchi be because you have no experience with computers
I have no experience with computers ? Except that I've been working with computers for more than 30 years. Please....go to school to learn to speak english.

All I want to know is how the more space mod works and where it is in the program ? Because all the OTHER mods I've ever used were installed afterwards. But then someone here said that it was already built into the program.

You really need to work on your worthless attitude, friend. I know it's in hakchi. I know it's an hmod. I ALSO know that I asked where to find it, you fool.

Install extra modules and then select "extra space"...
I only want SNES games on this. So, I won't be installing any mods.....that is, if I can ever get my hands on an SNES classic.

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You are a lost cause...
it's in the mods folder but is part of hakchi, it's there only because it's optional.

@Cluster When we update to the latest revisioin and have the Extra space mod enabled does it correct anything?

thanks

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey :)

I've created a few custom boxarts for my SNES Mini and wanted to share them with you. They are full sized and need as less disk space as possible. You can see a preview of a few ones here.

You can download the boxarts here.

I am open for requests. Share them with me in this thread. Also, if you have a boxart that you want to share, you can send it me so I can add it to the Google Drive link. If you want to know how to change original games boxarts, then look over here.

Made 3

Attachments

• sf2t.png
    sf2t.png
    122.2 KB · Views: 236
  • sfa2.png
    sfa2.png
    108.9 KB · Views: 273
  • ssf2.png
    ssf2.png
    121.5 KB · Views: 244

wigner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any graphical/cosmetic advantage to using the crt filter without the scanlines? Wut else does that filter do(if you remove crap scanlines)? Also, wut exaclty does the pixel perfect one do? It just makes pixels rectangular? I use a crt tv for my snesclassic, could I benefit from any shaders/filters that might have been removed(since it's assumed everyone will NOT be using crt)? Curious about "anti epillepy filters" I've seen pop up in conversation in this thread? Maybe these removed effects meant for crts? Just wondering...

elfor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just in case the gods are listening, a feature idea, full custom kernel dumps, hakchi iso images!

Not just the 20 MB base kernel, but the full custom 384 MB...

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Between telling randomizer to buzz off and telling Liriel to learn some English, grow up people....

This whole thing exists because of the generosity of Cluster, madmonkey, KMFD and others. We're all working together for the same goal.

Reactions: TxFxL and HecklerJH

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When people start blaming others for their unsuccessful atempts... it's wrong. Even more when people are just trying to help.

Cluster and the others have always been super helpful, KMGD went out of his way to help me through PMs.

Thanks guys!

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today's Core Set Update:)

UPDATE 10-21-17

Updated Cluster's Save State Fix into RetroArch. Saves are no longer 2 Mb! The snapshots are now compressed.
Remember, if you do not see save states within Save State Manager, and do not mind ridding of them, you can use Factory Restore Settings from the actual Mini NES/SNES, itself! It will do absolutely no harm to your folders/games. It only wipes out save states and sram saves! I also updated Stella (Atari 2600). And, finally FCEUMM is updated, too! I can confirm SNES9x does, in fact, run BSX-Satellaview Games! But, some of them, such as F-Zero Grand Prix 1-4, require special patches to bypass the intro screens, unfortunately. Enjoy the Update!

https://github.com/KMFDManic/NESC-SNESC-Modifications/releases/

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Between telling randomizer to buzz off and telling Liriel to learn some English, grow up people....

This whole thing exists because of the generosity of Cluster, madmonkey, KMFD and others. We're all working together for the same goal.

I haven't been on the thread for several days, but yeah, thank you so much for being so kind. not:glare:. I've been enjoying my modded Snes Classic, thank you very much, haven't had a single issue at all since 2.21c. So yeah, you can take back your "advice". :rolleyes:

Today's Core Set Update:)

UPDATE 10-21-17

Updated Cluster's Save State Fix into RetroArch. Saves are no longer 2 Mb! The snapshots are now compressed. Remember, if you do not see save states within Save State Manager, and do not mind ridding of them, you can use Factory Restore Settings from the actual Mini NES/SNES, itself! It will do absolutely no harm to your folders/games. It only wipes out save states and sram saves! I also updated Stella (Atari 2600). And, finally FCEUMM is updated, too! I can confirm SNES9x does, in fact, run BSX-Satellaview Games! But, some of them, such as F-Zero Grand Prix 1-4, require special patches to bypass the intro screens, unfortunately. Enjoy the Update!

https://github.com/KMFDManic/NESC-SNESC-Modifications/releases/

Keep up the good work ^_^

Last edited by the_randomizer,

evilvoice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't been on the thread for several days, but yeah, thank you so much for being so kind. not:glare:. I've been enjoying my modded Snes Classic, thank you very much, haven't had a single issue at all since 2.21c. So yeah, you can take back your "advice". :rolleyes:

Keep up the good work ^_^

I think you misunderstand nesjimbo. He was coming to your defense telling others to STOP telling you to buzz off, but hey, you want to attack someone that was defending you, that's on you.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you misunderstand nesjimbo. He was coming to your defense telling others to STOP telling you to buzz off, but hey, you want to attack someone that was defending you, that's on you.

That's not what it sounded like to me.:unsure: Sounded like he was annoyed, and I sure as hell don't blame him I guess.:mellow: Whatevs. I'll wait till he replies.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: whats going on