Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

RetrogamerX

Trophies
XP
Country
Files you need for those cores

GENESIS PLUS GX = bios_CD_E.bin, bios_CD_J.bin, bios_CD_U.bin, bios_E.sms, bios_J.sms, bios_U.sms (Sega-CD, MegaDrive, Sega Master System)

GENESIS PLUS GX LOCK-ON TECHNOLOGY = areplay.bin, ggenie.bin, sk.bin, sk2chip.bin (Sonic & Knuckles Lock-On + Game Genie + Action Replay)

PICODRIVE = bios_CD_E.bin, bios_CD_J.bin, bios_CD_U.bin (Sega-CD, MegaDrive)

Yes I put those in and not working.

RetrogamerX

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a issue with 8bitdo retro receiver with PlayStation 4 controller L2 and R2? Trying to play abe's oddysee and can't get L2 & R2 to even work?

Thanks

teamvb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finally got it working. I put the bios files in the wrong folder. Working great now :)
Which folder did you put the bios in,my Sega cd is not working now,I got my all my bios from the mini snes,everything works expect Sega cd,policenauts English translationed (psx)it was working before

Last edited by teamvb,

RetrogamerX

Trophies
XP
Country
Which folder did you put the bios in,my Sega cd is not working now,I got my all my bios from the mini snes,everything works expect Sega cd,policenauts English translationed (psx)it was working before

In your hakchi2 folder were all the games are look for a folder called "user_mods" make a folder saying bios_images.hmod. or whatever you want to call it? In that folder make another called "etc" in that folder call this folder "libretro" another folder inside that one called "system" and thats where all the bios go. Hope that helped. It was a bit confusing for me too.

Or download this template

Attachments

• bios_template.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 289
Last edited by RetrogamerX,

johnnytheboy12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a issue with 8bitdo retro receiver with PlayStation 4 controller L2 and R2? Trying to play abe's oddysee and can't get L2 & R2 to even work?

Thanks
Is it possible you need to map those buttons in retroarch. I have also read that an earlier firmware on the retro reciever runs better for ps4 but not sure how far this is true. I am interested in purchasing one of these but want to be sure it works as needed before getting 1.

https://www.reddit.com/r/miniSNESmo...w_firmware_for_the_8bitdo_retro_reciever_and/

N0mi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, as a newbie I just wonder what I am supposed to do after reading thru so many pages here. I just want to play some classic (SNES, MegaDrive, PC Engine, Atari VCS, NEO GEO, Amiga) games on a modified SNES mini, so do I need to install hakchi2 or the CE? What are the advantages / disadvantages?

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
**4-11-18**

Been a very busy weekend, and am now finally posting the Updates:) There will be a very big surprise in the Next Update! I will, additionally, communicate with swingflip, DanTheMan827, and madmonkey, as far as helping get auto updated releases for just the Cores in my set to hakchiresources:)

**4-9-18**

MESS 2016 Revised! Enjoy this fantastic Multi Emulator Super System, with capability of handling hundreds upon hundreds of different Systems! I did two videos related to the more complicated than normal set-up for this amazing Core! (Personal Thanks to my incredible friend and fellow MESS'Pert, ∆ + 0 / 9, for his assistance in this insane endeavor!

MAME 2003 Xtreme Updated (Irem Encryption fixed to work in conjunction with Custom MK OST!) I also Performance Upgraded Darius Gaiden for MAME 2003! RetroArch Updated. You can now play the rare Magic Kid GooGoo (Previously unsupported due to being mapper 190). Personal thanks to retro-wertz and rdanbrook for the mapper support!) Both FCEUMM and NESTOPIA run this. /bin/fceumm and/or /bin/nestopia I also updated 20+ Other Cores with various bug fixes, tweaks, optimizations!

NES Cheats Updated with support for Contra NES. I incorrectly labeled the last release with N64, so you would end up seeing N64 listed twice in Module Tab! But, it would still install fine! All good now:)

Here is the big one:) There are 4 WIP Cores, which require very special set-up, that I am releasing today!
Amiga (P-UAE), Hatari (Atari ST), Free2JME (Mobile Java Game Support). and ScummVM (SCUMM stands for "Script Creation Utility for Maniac Mansion". It is a utility used to create the famous LucasArts adventure games like the Monkey Island series and also gave ScummVM its name). Each of them requires much more complex set-up than your typical Cores! That being said, they are WIP, which means I have not fully tested them, yet!
But, do to so many requests, I am releasing them for you to play around with! I will do my best to get around to finalizing tutorials and such for them! Also, keep in mind, you can run many ScummVM Games via DosBOX:) Personal thanks to madmonkey for helping with Amiga! A few notes regarding these Cores. You cannot directly load games with them. They, instead, with exception of Free2JME, require configuration files to be loaded instead! All but, ScummVM require BIOS dependencies to run, which I, unfortunately, cannot share.

I added 3 more sets of Wallpapers to the km_retroarch_custom_wallpapers.hmod. Have fun checking them out!
I removed the retrocat Wallpapers, and they are now on Mega NZ link, only:)

The video on how to use them, again, is...

**SNES Classic - RetroCat, erm RetroArch Custom Wallpapers + CPS3 Test!!!**

In Xtras/Performance, I updated both ReadMes! Check them out!

And, last but not least are some Tutorial, Test, and fun Videos to check out!

**SNES Classic - MESS 2016 Tutorial**

**SNES Classic - MESS 2016 Test**

**SNES Classic - Undiscovered NES Gems - Magic Kid GooGoo, Dragon Knife, Happily Ever After**

And,

**SNES Classic - SHMUP 'Stravaganza - Part 1**

As always, thanks to all of you for your support. I am grateful to have so many great people to communicate with on a daily basis, and glad to help you all better enjoy your Minis! Next Update will be a very nice surprise:)

Sincerely, KMFDManic!!!

**4-8-18**

Note: MESS 2016, and the Dependency and Dummy Folder HMODS are in Mega NZ Link, for now, and will be Updated to the Set, tomorrow

**UPDATE 4-7-18**

**SNES Classic - MESS 2016 Test**

We now have the most complicated Emulator in the Core Set, none other than MESS! MESS 2016, to be more specific:) Personal thanks, this time around, to ∆ + 0 / 9, an amazing friend/MESS'Pert (who practically lives and breathes this amazing Core!), as well as shawnsub, for consistently pushing me towards the MESS that MESS is:) MESS stands for Multiple Emulator Super System! You can NOW potentially run Philips CDI, NEO-GEO CD, and several hundred other Systems/Computers/etc! I have personally put together 3 HMODS, specifically to help out!

_km_mess2016_4_9_18.hmod is the primary Core, to run the Games

km_mess2016_dependencies_4_9_18.hmod, is required to run the Emulators within MESS

km_mess2016_dummy_folder_nand_4_9_18.hmod is to help with running them via _Dummy Folder on NAND. You can, additionally, copy the _Dummy Folder directly from the HMOD, once set-up, to your USB-HOST/hakchi/games directory:)

You can make back-up copies of the dependencies and dummy bios and game HMODS, and then delete any excess folders, from within, that you are not likely to use:)

MESS is an amazing Core, with lots of potential! I would personally recommend sticking to systems that you cannot, otherwise, run on other Cores, such as Casio, Apple, CD-I, NEO-GEO CD, etc! But, NES, ColecoVision, etc, run quite nicely, too! Arcade Games, despite it being MAME 2016, are more optimally suited to the other Arcade Cores in the set:)

Note: As mentioned, it is pretty complex. I will do my best to post Tutorials to help with running as many of these Systems as possible! I recorded one Video, to start things off! Next up, will be more Performance Upgrades, MAME 2003 Updates, and so on:) I will also record more Videos, tomorrow, including a great SHMUP related one! Enjoy this Update, for now:)

**And, of course, the Update!!!**

https://github.com/KMFDManic/NESC-SNESC-Modifications/releases/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh no. Anyone have a newest set with sega cd bios?

If you still have trouble running Sega CD, let me know.

A bit of oddness happened to me last night. I turned on my nes classic and played a couple of games. Then, I went back to the menu. When I clicked on the Turbografix16 section, the screen went black. The system was still on, though. So, I turned it off and waited for a few seconds then turned it back on. The light came on, but the screen was still black.

So, I broke out my computer and reflashed the games. Except that it gave me some error message that there wasn't enough space....which was weird. But...whatever. So, I removed a few games that I have never played in the year they've been on the system. When I reflashed the system THIS time, it seemed to work.

I started playing some games. After a while, the screen went black. Except that this time, it let me go back to the menu. After all this, it seemed to work just fine. I'll play some more later on tonight and see. I DID have a weird moment in Discs Of Tron. I was trying to get a semi good looking shader and picked one at random. A few would make the game stutter and jerk. When I picked on particular shader, don't recall what it was, the DOT screen went black but the sound still played and it appeared that the game was still going. Don't know why the screen went blank because of this, but it went back to normal and working.

I think that maybe going into the retroarch menu too quickly may have caused the freezing and blank screens problem.

Has any of this happened to any of you ?

You still having issues?

Having an issue with mame2003 extreme MK OST

I have all hmods install to the usb (not the nand) via the transfer folder
Installed mame 2003 and retroarch both most upto date to try out the Mortal Kombat OST hack

But when I run any game with 2003 it says retroarch loading then goes back to frontend

So as I have hmods installed to usb how do I uninstall just one?
Or do I have to uninstall everyone then reinstall which Iv done a few times

Everything else works fine only mame2003 doesn’t work and only after transferring it today

Also did the bios install today that went ok

Thanks

Did you ever get things sorted out?

Reactions: LuckY07

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, as a newbie I just wonder what I am supposed to do after reading thru so many pages here. I just want to play some classic (SNES, MegaDrive, PC Engine, Atari VCS, NEO GEO, Amiga) games on a modified SNES mini, so do I need to install hakchi2 or the CE? What are the advantages / disadvantages?

https://hakchiresources.com/ is a good start (once it's back up)

johnnytheboy12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

RetrogamerX

Trophies
XP
Country
Reactions: johnnytheboy12

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...