www.awsomisoft.com
XP
Country
United States
Here is an image of a half-full cup:

glass-half-full.jpg

And here is one that is half-empty:

glass-half-full.jpg

Well, there is barely difference that I can see, so far.

Now, I can tell that you are all confused why I posted this on EoF. It isn't the fact that I have a scientific opinion, it is just the whole idea is random and falls in the category of "What the f*** is this?". Well, I will show the image again:

glass-half-full.jpg

Now, since I might I have a bias opinion, so I am having a vote. Is this cup half full, or half-empty:

glass-half-full.jpg

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
The glass is full.

It is filled to the brim with a mixture of water and air.

It's been sitting there for a while so the mixture has begun to separate.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's how I figure it. Which term you should use depends on two factors. It depends whether you are filling the container, or emptying the container as to whether you would use one term or the other.

Example #1: You buy a can of soda, it comes completely filled, so if you drink half of it, it is half-empty.

Example #2: You buy a glass (or just pull one out of the cupboard), it starts completely empty, so if you fill it halfway, it is half full.

Example #3: If you completely filled that same glass and you drink from it to the halfway point, it would be considered half empty.

While I feel my explanation is technically correct, either term basically means the same thing, so it doesn't really matter which way you say it. People will reason out what you mean in any case.

So with that said, I voted TROLL.
tpi.gif

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rayder said:
Example #1: You buy a can of soda, it comes completely filled, so if you drink half of it, it is half-empty.

Example #2: You buy a glass (or just pull one out of the cupboard), it starts completely empty, so if you fill it halfway, it is half full.

Example #3: If you completely filled that same glass and you drink from it to the halfway point, it would be considered half empty.

But while you're filling a glass with water you're emptying it of air and vice versa
smileipb2.png

RoyalCardMan

DS App Studio™ Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.awsomisoft.com
XP
Country
United States
cwstjdenobs said:
Rayder said:

But while you're filling a glass with water you're emptying it of air and vice versa
smileipb2.png
But when you empy water, more air comes in.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You've posted the same image 4 times, so a half-full glass and a half-empty glass are basically the SAME thing.

So...

liquid-noscale.jpg

TIME PARADOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOX!

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
RoyalCardMan said:
cwstjdenobs said:
Rayder said:

smileipb2.png
But when you empy water, more air comes in.

Unless you're in a room without any other objects and gas beside you, the glass and water.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/amAULN7yJis?si=JWDANkaENVhXuLBd stay out of the water Psi