Hardware Hall Effect sensor joycon sticks on Amazon

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got them in our switch lite. I stripped and reapplied thermal paste to the heat sink since I was in the neighborhood.

6850D417-575A-4C1F-AAF1-2E7AED20466B.jpeg

Had to calibrate the sticks. That was easy. No issues to report.

Vine-gar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got them in our switch lite. I stripped and reapplied thermal paste to the heat sink since I was in the neighborhood.

View attachment 354145

Had to calibrate the sticks. That was easy. No issues to report.

What's the gap like? Would someone with dorito dust fingers pose a greater danger to the controller with that slightly wider space?

JonJaded

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got my sticks a week ago, and 3 out of 4 of them had that clicking issue. Gulikit responded REALLY fast and helped me after I sent them a video. They offered either a refund or a replacement, and the person I spoke with assured me it was a "new model" that didn't have the clicking issue.

I was going to accept them, but then I remembered Guilikit said they're gonna make a new, NEW model that fills in the gap left when installing them on the joycon, so I'll just wait till then. Hopefully after a couple of months of use, the clicking will go reduce through normal wear. Excellent costumer service though, good on AKNES and Gulikit for ushering this new tech in. I'll be tuned to see what they cook up next.

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
So got 2 pairs and things I don't like about it:

1. It feels that you need more effort to move it. Using the cover kind of helps the issue
2. moving in cardinal directions doesn't move the same way. Like on original analogs, you get 100% left, right, up or down while these even when calibrated you get like 100% cardinal + an adjacent direction, which causes issues with some homebrew.

Reactions: impeeza

JonJaded

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

1. It feels that you need more effort to move it. Using the cover kind of helps the issue
2. moving in cardinal directions doesn't move the same way. Like on original analogs, you get 100% left, right, up or down while these even when calibrated you get like 100% cardinal + an adjacent direction, which causes issues with some homebrew.
Noticed this too while trying to calibrate. I see why the extra stiffness is (kinda) required and it's because the deadzones are a lot lower. (Unless Nintendo has their own algorythm/default for deadzone.)

Reactions: impeeza

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

i dont like the caps on them rubber on gulikit standard one is so much better :X

JonJaded

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Wanted to share that AKNES now includes some gap stickers for the sticks slightly opening! Really helpful.

Only problem is, you have to be lucky and hope you didn't get an old return. Good news until Gulikit fixes their gap problem.

Seikca

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Bought another pack, this time from US Amazon. All four sticks were fine. Built a few of these modules now with the Gulikit joycons. Turns out really nice.
Is it off-topic to ask what I'm looking at and where I can get more information about this? Looks interesting. Not sure what for, but interesting nonetheless.

Cajumjoe

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Is it off-topic to ask what I'm looking at and where I can get more information about this? Looks interesting. Not sure what for, but interesting nonetheless.
It's not offtopic I think, Tuffrabit has been building a keypad and has integrated the Gulikit's hall sensor analogs into it. You can find more information in this youtube page: https://www.youtube.com/@tuffrabit

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to