Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
ok bungies going multiplatform.
http://n4g.com/news/515407/three-reasons-w...er-than-kojimas

with that being said, any game they make can be on a sony or Nintendo console.

a while back thay made Halo DS.
http://www.unseen64.net/2008/04/22/halo-ds...ype-unreleased/
SCREENS
halodsproto01.jpg

halodsproto03.jpg
Vid

info
In January 2007, IGN editor-in-chief Matt Casamassina claimed he played a version of Halo for the Nintendo DS. Due to speculation, on October 2, 2007 he demonstrated on-camera, and in-game footage of an early-development style version of Halo DS. The demonstrated work featured dual-wielding and a version of the Halo 2 map Zanzibar. On October 5, 2007, Bungie employee Brian Jarrard explained the Halo DS demo was in fact an unsolicited pitch that was never taken o

was never released but it was made. they can release it anytime not that there multiplatform, & just have Activision publish it?

but what if they upgraded it alot & just released in on 3DS instead?

i think helo 2 was fun, not really huge fan of halo tho... but wouldnt you liek to see it released?

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Microsoft still owns the rights to Halo, so no.

Also, the Halo DS thingy is fake (well, not really, but it's just a mod of Goldeneye DS, it isn't made by Bungie at all).

D

Deleted_171835

Overlord Nadrian said:
Also, the Halo DS thingy is fake (well, not really, but it's just a mod of Goldeneye DS, it isn't made by Bungie at all).
It was a "unsolicited pitch" by Bungie.
So they did make Halo DS.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing as how Halo is a Microsoft franchise, and Microsoft is a competitor of Nintendo in the gaming market, I really don't see this happening outside of homebrew/game mods.

specht

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
From when I first saw the video of this I knew it was a mod since I owned a copy of Goldeneye RA for DS and everything was too similar.

But what confuses me is where the hell did it come from? How did an IGN editor get hold of it? And why was he trying to prove it was real if it was truly fake?

People outside the homebrew scene write it off as a hack job by a DS homebrew developer. Though nothing has ever been released that looks even close to it. People in the homebrew scene say it was an actual pitch for a DS game by Bungie (Matt Casamassina's story), though how did they get the rights to Goldeneye RA from EA?

Though now that I think of it, Rare has done similar with Diddy Kong Racing for DS but had Banjo and Conker removed from the title. I guess Bungie was trying to go a step too far trying to use EA as a publisher for Halo on DS?

On topic though, Halo will never be for 3DS. I hope it can get something better.

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Overlord Nadrian said:
SoulSnatcher said:
So they did make Halo DS.I'll quote from the page:
QUOTE said:
In January 2007, IGN editor-in-chief
QUOTE said:
Taken from Wikipedia
That should say enough.

The internet is not always correct.

Also, what Hachibei and _Chaz_ said.
I'll quote from the source.
On October 5, 2007, Bungie employee Brian Jarrard explained the Halo DS demo was in fact an unsolicited pitch that was never taken on. [Info from Wikipedia]

But yeah, Microsoft own the Halo franchise and Reach was Bungie's last Halo game, so no.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
luke_c said:
QUOTE said:
On October 5, 2007, Bungie employee Brian Jarrard explained the Halo DS demo was in fact an unsolicited pitch that was never taken on. [Info from Wikipedia]
As I said, the internet is not always correct. There is absolutely no proof at all of a Halo DS. This is a mod of Goldeneye. Anyone with a bit of hacking skills can make it. And this rumour has been around for ages now, and has never been proven.

D

Deleted_171835

Overlord Nadrian said:
luke_c said:
QUOTE said:
As I said, the internet is not always correct. There is absolutely no proof at all of a Halo DS. This is a mod of Goldeneye. Anyone with a bit of hacking skills can make it. And this rumour has been around for ages now, and has never been proven.

IGN is a reputable enough source. They wouldn't lie about something like this just to generate publicity.
QUOTEA major publisher began negociations with license holder Microsoft for the game to happen, and contracted a known game developer to produced a spec demo of a version of Halo for the Nintendo DS. The demo was made, the game was (according to those who played it) appropriately accurate to the Halo experience on Nintendo's little handheld, and the talks were active in making the game happen
Taken from IGN

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Overlord Nadrian said:
luke_c said:
QUOTE said:
Oh jeez, you don't give up do you.
http://kotaku.com/307822/halo-ds-was-an-unsolicited-pitch
Even on Wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_(series)
http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Brian_Jarrard
http://news.filefront.com/halo-ds-rumors-squashed/

I'm sorry, but this ones your loss
mellow.gif

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
SoulSnatcher said:
IGN is a reputable enough source. They wouldn't lie about something like this just to generate publicity.
I beg to fucking differ. IGN is good for its reviews, but I would NEVER believe anything they say as news. Go ask granville why.

luke_c said:
But not real in the sense it had nothing to do with Bungie, and was little more than elaborate, digital fan mail.

I win. Dammit.

D

Deleted_171835

Overlord Nadrian said:
SoulSnatcher said:
I beg to fucking differ. IGN is good for its reviews, but I would NEVER believe anything they say as news. Go ask granville why.

I believe IGN. It would be stupid to lie about something as frivolous as Halo DS.

-
Overlord Nadrian said:
Quoting again:QUOTE
But not real in the sense it had nothing to do with Bungie, and was little more than elaborate, digital fan mail.

I win. Dammit.
That was how Kotaku interpreted it. It could have very well been an unsolicited pitch by Bungie, themselves to Microsoft.

Njrg

Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
SoulSnatcher said:
Overlord Nadrian said:
It was a "unsolicited pitch" by Bungie.
So they did make Halo DS.
I'd believe a demo, but not a full game.

Its stupid to think it didn't exist. The editors at IGN who tested the product (And showed off some videos) aren't exactly "hackers" I doubt they know how to set a timer on a microwave. By no means am I saying they're stupid, I'm just saying its not in their range of abilities to edit/hack a game on that level. Most home brew creators aren't even that good.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Halo on 3DS could actually be really cool with the volume all the way down so you can't hear people complain how the shot you got on their head was bull shit.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@SoulSnatcher-

You do realize that IGN made up the rumor that the 3DS was as powerful as PS3 don't you? They claimed to have exclusive words from 3DS developers that it was. They've still yet to retract that statement too. Not that 3DS isn't powerful, but it's nowhere near PS3 quality. In less recent news, they initially reported that the DSi would have two touchscreens. They later changed that article to just one touch screen, but that bit of "news" is legendary.

I'm not defending any sort of Halo DS conspiracy or anything. I know nothing about it besides that it was a Rogue Agent mod. But i did want to make it clear that IGN has reported some seriously false information in the past. They tend to jump the gun and try too hard to be the fastest and have the most exclusive news.

To its credit though, any source can do this. Engadget jumped the gun the other day on the 3DS' specific GPU specs, despite no one knowing what they were. Now thanks to their jump, the news is viral and cannot be retracted without serious confusion.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SoulSnatcher said:
You forgot the sarcasm tag.

Halo on 3DS? No thanks I'd rather have something worth porting or maybe an all new game perhaps. Renegade Kid did some good things with Dementium 1 & 2 (wasn't into Moon) and they have a knack for pushing systems so I rather see what they could do seeing that they very good with stories and gameplay ideas.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34203/Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Survivor_Trilogy/ mmm