Harukanaru Toki no Naka de 4 Translation Project

rhinenoakuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hi! So I want to try translating a Ruby Party game called Harukanaru Toki no Naka de 4 Aizouban (the PSP ver), but I have little to no knowledge in ROM hacking. Following various tutorial from this site, I managed to extract the ISO using UMDGen and found out that the DATA.BIN file was actually a PGD file. After that I decrypted the BIN file using pgdecrypt, and when I checked again using hex editor, it turned out to be a CDAR file. From this forum, I found out that Kuriimu can be used to open CDAR files, and using that I managed to open it. The screen looked like this:
Screenshot 2023-03-22 182212.png

But when I tried to open the 00000000.bin using the CDAR plugin, nothing showed up:

Screenshot 2023-03-22 182259.png

And when I tried to open 00000003.bin and onwards, it showed this error:
Screenshot 2023-03-22 182348.png

Does anyone know what's causing this error and how to fix it? And maybe can tell me how to handle Ruby Party games/CDAR files in general? Thanks in advance, and sorry if this is the wrong way of asking because I'm also literally new to this forum. Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated. This is my favorite otome game off all time and I want more people to be able to enjoy it.

Edit: Wanted to add that what I'm trying to do is just to extract the script and make a text translation because I know I'm not tech-savvy enough to actually code it back in again.
Post automatically merged:

So another update, I managed to read some of the text from the decrypted PGD file using a different hex editor, and:
View attachment 360830
The thing is, as you can see, what was supposed to be a full-width hiragana turned into a half-width katakana. Some stuffs also doesn't really show up, which I'm guessing are the characters' name. Any tips on how I can fix this? Thank you.

Last edited by rhinenoakuma,
Reactions: Eleganto

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o