Has anybody here been so hopelessly addicted to a video game that you end up...

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Playing your game (alone or with others) all through the night and into the wee hours of the morning, and because of that, YOUR LYING ASS CALLS IN SICK AT WORK SO YOU CAN GET SOME MUCH NEEDED REST. And after that phone call with your boss, supervisor, etc, instead of getting some sleep YOU GO RIGHT BACK TO THE GODDAMNED GAME and play it until you HAVE TO GET SOME SLEEP.

Anybody here ever done that? C'mon folks, don't tell me I'm the only one...

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
A few times I did spend more time that I should have spent playing a certain game too deep into the night, but I've never called in sick at work. Then again, I usually had those long gaming sessions on weekends, I can't remember whether I've ever done it during work days.

Reactions: The_Dizzy_Vizzy

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I've done it a couple times myself. I've done it 3 times in the last 2 years, but this was like I when I was in my 20's and was waiting tables (I had a lot of fun during those years). I've not done anything like that since. Still, it was a goofy pleasure. Now back to SUPER METROID!!!

Last edited by The_Dizzy_Vizzy,
Reactions: Blythe93

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
WoW, Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, and Elden Ring all had me staying up way later than I should've been, if not all night/several days in some instances. Hades 2 has a hold on me right now, but not to the extent that I'm losing sleep, just spending most of my waking time playing it.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I see the blue xp pick ups from vampire survivors when I close my eyes
I do genuinely get like that when I fully binge a game during time off, but those are generally 12+ hour sessions... I have to wonder how much longer I can keep such things up...

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few times I did spend more time that I should have spent playing a certain game too deep into the night, but I've never called in sick at work. Then again, I usually had those long gaming sessions on weekends, I can't remember whether I've ever done it during work days.

You're a novice and a wanna--be. Now GET OUTTA MY OFFICE!!!
>
>
>
>
>
Just kidding! I know (hell, we all know) how we put those hours into a weekend, And then had to live "responsibly" for the next 8 our so hours so that, yes, we do get up and go to work, But when that addiction is there to that ONE PERFECT GAME, you just can't WAIT to get the hell out of there and and go deal with all the BADDIES!!!

SOCIES!!! SQUARES!!! And DAMN ANYONE who gets in my way and tries to ruin my, uh, "PROGRESS"...
runaway.gif

Post automatically merged:

I see the blue xp pick ups from vampire survivors when I close my eyes

You're almost there!!! Now all you need is to get anew job and to call in sick IMMEDIATELY!!! Let us know how that works out...

I do genuinely get like that when I fully binge a game during time off, but those are generally 12+ hour sessions... I have to wonder how much longer I can keep such things up...
Until you skip work for a day, you'll always be an amateur. "Sessions" be damned. You'll just have to live with yourself until you decide to throw that javelin...

• Haha
Reactions: Blythe93

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Dude, you're missing out on all the fun!!! You might lose your job, but IT'S A MINOR RISK!!!

Yep, oh damn gotta go make the call.

Now there's a man after MY OWN HEART!!!
cowboy.gif

OK folks, I'm on the East Coast, and I gotta get some sleep..

YEAH FUCKING RIGHT!!!

WHO'S IT GONNA BE??? SAMUS? ORTA??? WHAT ABOUT THE DOOM-SLAYER???

Decisions deciions...

Happy Trails, and don't forget to OBLITERATE your unholy enemy!!! (And if that means your piece-of-refuse so-called BOSS, then throw everything you've got at that sonofabitch!!! (What an opportunistic asshole!!!)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol