Hacking Has anybody tried phoning Nintendo to get there switch unbanned

Awstoned

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Won’t work.

I’ve tried the my ex had it at his house I don’t know what he did he had no right.

They won’t budge ever is what they told me.

But the have to unlink your console if you ask

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'd love to see what would happen if somebody tried this and really went all out with it. Even getting a little kid to come on the phone and start crying and begging. I know it wouldn't work but it would be funny to hear their reaction.

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'd love to see what would happen if somebody tried this and really went all out with it. Even getting a little kid to come on the phone and start crying and begging. I know it wouldn't work but it would be funny to hear their reaction.

They are service employees. Their reaction would be "I am sorry, we won't comment on our policies regarding bans and wont be lifting any bans issued."

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I looked up how sony bans people. I'm sure nintendo does the same thing. when you phone customer support and ask about your banning, the rep will not know the reason you were banned, just that you were banned. they have no control over bannings, so phoning them is pointless. that's how sony does it, so nintendo...

When I called Sony in 2011 their system told the employees a massage smth like "modified system software detected". There are no concrete details, though. The employees are told to never unban people when such a phrase is shown in their system. I tried like 8 times and paid a not small amount of phoning fees for that.

I bet nintendo will pull out the same technique.

Last edited by GothicIII,

PRAGMA

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
Consoles cant be un-banned, apparently a rep told me that once a console is banned, it literally cannot get unbanned as its not possible. I guess they cant send a un-patched system cert to the console or something once banned.

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Consoles cant be un-banned, apparently a rep told me that once a console is banned, it literally cannot get unbanned as its not possible. I guess they cant send a un-patched system cert to the console or something once banned.

This is bs. Any revoced cert can be trusted again because ssl by design was not meant to revoce certificates. They can only expire by date. It was just "patched in" after and this just contains a text file with blacklisted certs where the service which uses certificates (e.g. webservice) looks into and compares the serial number of the cert. If the cert is found it will be rejected. A Certificate Revocation List can be edited with a plain texteditor...

Reactions: Subtle Demise

PRAGMA

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
This is bs. Any revoced cert can be trusted again because ssl by design was not meant to revoce certificates. They can only expire by date. It was just "patched in" after and this just contains a text file with blacklisted certs where the service which uses certificates (e.g. webservice) looks into and compares the serial number of the cert. If the cert is found it will be rejected. A Certificate Revocation List can be edited with a plain texteditor...
System Certs arent SSL Certs lmao

Reactions: NeoSlyde

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
System Certs arent SSL Certs lmao
So they put extermely much effort in it and reinvented the cert infrastructure risking that their cert system has holes in it???
Im not researching the switch internals so I don't know. I don't believe that their certsystem is such highend that it makes re-revocation impossible.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

PRAGMA

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
So they put extermely much effort in it and reinvented the cert infrastructure risking that their cert system has holes in it???
Im not researching the switch internals so I don't know. I don't believe that their certsystem is such highend that it makes re-revocation impossible.
Think about it, why would they make it so it can be re-instated? Its much less cost to create a system to make it so its permanent, and why would they not want it permanent?

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Think about it, why would they make it so it can be re-instated? Its much less cost to create a system to make it so its permanent, and why would they not want it permanent?
I thought about it. Really. And from the developer perspective I would reuse as many existing (and tested) libraries as I can to lower the cost and time and putting not much effort in it because otherwise you loose your job if the project takes too long to be completed. At least this I learned the hard way.

But anyway the discussion takes us nowhere. Just speculations.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
My dad works at Nintendo, and he got me unbanned once he asked Reggie.
INSTANTLY BANNED cauz u are faking Ninty's employee.

Anyway if someone trys to call nintendo and provide enough of account informations like account name, registered email etc... a ticket shall open then they will have a specialized technician to exam it, my theory is if nintendo is able to detect that ur ban is due to exploiting/hacking/pirating on switch, you won't get any response and ur request will certainly get reject.

Song of storms

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yeah, don't do that, thank you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3xQO7neBmy0&pp=ygUXU2hvd2VyIHNjZW5lIEhhbGYgYmFrZWQ%3D