Has anyone ever used moddedhardware.com?

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After reading through more and more of these replies, and with a gut feeling building inside of me, I decided to cancel the order. I was able to intercept the package before it arrived there and I charged back the guy for however much it cost. Maybe I’m wrong, and maybe this is a legitimate business, but I began to have a bad feeling along with the poor communication. I get that it can be hard to reply to everyone, but I still needed that reassurance of a basic response. Afterall, this is my fault for jumping on this so quickly without further research.
I worked for multiple large ecommerce companies as the sole marketer and support person. Its not that hard to keep up to date with customers. He can't be getting that many replies. But even if he is its also not that hard to send a mass email giving his customers updates. He has time to post on social media so he has time to run his "business"

so he pays extra to have it shipped to NY?
Address' don't mean shit when mailing stuff. You can put whatever you want as the return address no one is stopping you unless you're mailing out an excessive amount of packages all with different return address' to the same place or it could even be a reshipper for some silly reason
Post automatically merged:

So if I charge back I still lose my Switch and all my family's saves and our Animal Crossing Island. I keep thinking about small claims court, but I'm worried I might get myself into trouble when I have to explain what the service was that wasn't rendered.
Thats the price you pay with things like this sometimes. At least it was only with a switch which can be replaced cheapish enough. It still stings im sure but the costs and effort of small claims is going to be much more than you just picking up a new system somewhere else

• Sad
Reactions: Subtle Demise
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Address' don't mean shit when mailing stuff. You can put whatever you want as the return address no one is stopping you unless you're mailing out an excessive amount of packages all with different return address' to the same place or it could even be a reshipper for some silly reason
The address we are given when ordering services is a Postal Depot. I wish I had known that before now. I probably would have thought twice about doing it and just going with the Etsy seller I found. People were vouching for this guy and saying he does great work. I just can't catch a break at all this fucking year.

EDIT: and to top it off, I also ordered a Mig Switch from a store that's probably also an elaborate exit scam, so that's cool.

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The address we are given when ordering services is a Postal Depot. I wish I had known that before now. I probably would have thought twice about doing it and just going with the Etsy seller I found. People were vouching for this guy and saying he does great work. I just can't catch a break at all this fucking year.

EDIT: and to top it off, I also ordered a Mig Switch from a store that's probably also an elaborate exit scam, so that's cool.
It sucks but thats the nature of the beast when dealing with this kind of stuff

Years ago I lost $250 worth of items from modchipcentral and they didn't do a thing about it. So I was an extra broke high schooler that year.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sucks but thats the nature of the beast when dealing with this kind of stuff

Years ago I lost $250 worth of items from modchipcentral and they didn't do a thing about it. So I was an extra broke high schooler that year.
That sucks. I had good experiences with modchipcentral back in the day. I ordered a DSTWO and a Gateway from them IIRC. I guess I will just hold out and see if he comes through eventually and just charge back after another 2 weeks goes by with no response.

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It’s labeled damaged. I haven’t fully tested since I bought a replacement
Respectfully..than why even waste time saying anything?

Can't say something is broken if you havn't actually tried it. Especially if it was only USPS that said it was damaged if I understood your post correctly. They don't know shit

Reactions: BigOnYa

Visivopro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This guy hasn’t returned my OLED Switch

I sent in my OLED to be serviced

He keeps lying about sending it back

Tracking information states label created nothing more

Beware
Same problem here! He has had mine since January 22, charged back my cc today and considering reporting to the local police in his city.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same problem here! He has had mine since January 22, charged back my cc today and considering reporting to the local police in his city.
He got his back yesterday. He also posted earlier in the thread that it was damaged, but it was not apparently.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another person in this thread brought up the police. If the three of us got together and exchanged information, and maybe found a few other people, we can make a complaint as a group? I'm not sure how that works, but one person at a time sending a report like this will just get ignored I believe. I'm going to send an email through his site daily asking to be refunded until it happens or my order actually gets done. If it doesn't within a reasonable timeframe, then I am taking action. I'm not doing business with someone who has no idea what the hell they're doing.

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that many here have had issues with this group of people. I live about 10 minutes from where he is located. Several people, including people here, have told me that their location is Davison Michigan. This location is literally 10 minutes from my house. I'm not in Flint, but I am inbetween Davison and Flint Michigan.

So I sent him an email to see if I could visit to check him out and have him modify my console. If he is agreeable, my intent is to video record as much as possible so I can share it here with everyone having issues. Likewise, at that point, I'm also recording any products that may be your console and is at his location. At that point, I'm local and close enough to contact local police and get them to the location to verify theft.

I do not want to get him in trouble. I want to verify that he is infact modifying consoles and returning them. But if he is not doing this, getting into trouble is what will likely happen, because I dont quite agree with him stealing from us.

Wish me luck. I am licensed to carry a pistol and I'm considering taking it with me just to feel safe, not to use.

Last edited by rcpd,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that many here have had issues with this group of people. I live about 10 minutes from where he is located. Several people, including people here, have told me that their location is Davison Michigan. This location is literally 10 minutes from my house. I'm not in Flint, but I am inbetween Davison and Flint Michigan.

So I sent him an email to see if I could visit to check him out and have him modify my console. If he is agreeable, my intent is to video record as much as possible so I can share it here with everyone having issues. Likewise, at that point, I'm also recording any products that may be your console and is at his location. At that point, I'm local and close enough to contact local police and get them to the location to verify theft.

I do not want to get him in trouble. I want to verify that he is infact modifying consoles and returning them. But if he is not doing this, getting into trouble is what will likely happen, because I dont quite agree with him stealing from us.

Wish me luck. I am licensed to carry a pistol and I'm considering taking it with me just to feel safe, not to use.
I don't want him in trouble either, but he is responsible for other people's property and he needs to more forthcoming with communication regarding the game consoles. I understand the issues with the Mig Switch were beyond his control, but everything else 100% he is in control of.

Reactions: BigOnYa and rcpd

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want him in trouble either, but he is responsible for other people's property and he needs to more forthcoming with communication regarding the game consoles. I understand the issues with the Mig Switch were beyond his control, but everything else 100% he is in control of.
Which is why I want to get this figured out. I don't particularly want him to get into trouble unless it is verified that he earned it.

Being honest, I'm not expecting an email answer. Or if I get one, he will say that my guess that he's in Michigan is false and that he's somewhere else in some other state. The other reason I'm looking into this is because I like my state and do not want it associated with theft of Nintendo consoles.

Having said that: Go OHIO STATE! :)

vstar950

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy crap. That is literally 10 minutes from my home! I might see if perhaps I can stop by his location and have him help me.
Let us know how everything goes if you talk with him. I just sent him an email asking if he was overloaded so I can send another switch in.

So what you are saying is that you have a carry conceal permit, and you are going to take a gun, and if this guy pulled a gun on you, or pulled a knife, you will not use your firearm to defend yourself. Then what is the point of even owning a firearm? I'm not saying go looking for trouble. but in a life and death situation you better use your gun to protect yourself or a loved one. Don't just try to look the part. I know somebody that does this. And I told him he can do more harm than help.

I seriously doubt this guy is that kind of person.

Last edited by vstar950,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let us know how everything goes if you talk with him. I just sent him an email asking if he was overloaded so I can send another switch in.

So what you are saying is that you have a carry conceal permit, and you are going to take a gun, and if this guy pulled a gun on you, or pulled a knife, you will not use your firearm to defend yourself. Then what is the point of even owning a firearm? I'm not saying go looking for trouble. but in a life and death situation you better use your gun to protect yourself or a loved one. Don't just try to look the part. I know somebody that does this. And I told him he can do more harm than help.

I seriously doubt this guy is that kind of person.
Yeah I think the firearm is a bad idea in this case

Blakejansen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
His slowness is likely from him "dropshipping" or waiting for someone else local to him to do the installation for you.

TLDR; This dude is throwing off bad vibes
A lot of the people that do these modding services are deadbeats that refuse to work. It is better to send your switch off to an upper middle class techie that mods switches for fun than it is to send it off to some guy in a trailer park that literally lives off every last switch he repairs. It is plain common sense, but some people assume that if it is their main job it must be because they are better technicians. That is nonsense.

After reading through more and more of these replies, and with a gut feeling building inside of me, I decided to cancel the order. I was able to intercept the package before it arrived there and I charged back the guy for however much it cost. Maybe I’m wrong, and maybe this is a legitimate business, but I began to have a bad feeling along with the poor communication. I get that it can be hard to reply to everyone, but I still needed that reassurance of a basic response. Afterall, this is my fault for jumping on this so quickly without further research.
You spared yourself. Hopefully you get your switch back.

titlings

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
A lot of the people that do these modding services are deadbeats that refuse to work. It is better to send your switch off to an upper middle class techie that mods switches for fun than it is to send it off to some guy in a trailer park that literally lives off every last switch he repairs. It is plain common sense, but some people assume that if it is their main job it must be because they are better technicians. That is nonsense.

You spared yourself. Hopefully you get your switch back.
I did, and It is in the mail coming back to my address luckily. If it wasn’t for this thread, I probably would have ended up going through with this, so thanks everyone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1