Gaming Has anyone gotten banned from playing Pokemon Moon online?

Decorations

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so eh, to those who got banned: what ive gathered so far in the thread is, that even legit players got banned playing online and if you really got a legit copy of the game you can call nintendo and they will look into it
so i think if you REALLY care about your console and playing, just buy the game on release day and give nintendo a call try to explain that they restricted you in playing online, i guess you could
tell them that your internet is a bit unstable (or didnt noticed it until today) and thought it was your internet connection why you cant play online and after checking online that some players have also been banned
because playing online earlier then intended and you did too but you didnt know that
authentication should be easy because you own the game and you could prove it, if they should ask for a receipt you could just say you either: didnt find it/lost it, photoshop it, didnt have one because the you got it gifted from a friend

ofcourse that may or may not work but i think its worth a try
Theyl
So from reading over 60 pages of this. This is what I got

Even with both bans Freeshop is still useable
You can transfer a file from a unbanned 3ds to a banned 3ds that will allow you to play online again but still be banned from NNID activates(who cares)

Am I missing anything?? It seems the only thing Nintendo is doing is not allowing us to use pokebank. Is that the only thing of importance that banned users have to worry about?
Hmmm that's true but if we can import our save than that's what they really have too worry about plus pkhex ?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
man this is what i've been trying to do ever since that one guy tweeted NTR fun fun, the feel when too stupid to understand things so you just prod around and hope things work before some smart people fix things
Well supposedly there is a plugin you need that isn't public so you someone has to send it to you all hush hush for whatever reason. Sure people just like to be in the circle of "cool" kids. High school NEVER ends.

ultros7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Jesus, what a day. I haven't slept a wink :(

Anyway, why are people saying you only need friendcodeseed from a clean 3DS now? Isn't certs.db needed?
Please highlight the process to me, as I'm getting a friend to help me with his 3DS and would like to get it right the first time to not risk him any further.

I have 0102 when trying to play and the dreaded 2812 when doing anything NNID, I have never been banned before so this was a straight up first offense permaban. I already messed with my secureinfoA and nnidsave multiple times, could that be a problem when it comes to getting the clean 3DS method working?

Thanks a lot!

JVG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. The unban method is real.

https://twitter.com/ForceM11/status/798988947284049921

Looks like the key of this is to generate a new LocalFriendSeed_B file using NTR instead of copying from another 3DS.
So does this remove both 022-2812 and 002-0102? His newest tweet makes it sound like NNID is still banned? https://twitter.com/enMTW/status/798993670863286272

Though he may be referencing a different kind of ban that I don't have, since I'm still able to use Wii U and Miiverse with the same NNID.

fodder

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So does this remove both 022-2812 and 002-0102? His newest tweet makes it sound like NNID is still banned? https://twitter.com/enMTW/status/798993670863286272

Though he may be referencing a different kind of ban that I don't have, since I'm still able to use Wii U and Miiverse with the same NNID.
I believe it is just 002-0102, but I wasn't banned in the first place on eShop

Decorations

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How'd you do it ;)?
Jesus, what a day. I haven't slept a wink :(

Anyway, why are people saying you only need friendcodeseed from a clean 3DS now? Isn't certs.db needed?
Please highlight the process to me, as I'm getting a friend to help me with his 3DS and would like to get it right the first time to not risk him any further.

I have 0102 when trying to play and the dreaded 2812 when doing anything NNID, I have never been banned before so this was a straight up first offense permaban. I already messed with my secureinfoA and nnidsave multiple times, could that be a problem when it comes to getting the clean 3DS method working?

Thanks a lot!
Same I haven't slept but u should trust me it'll be resolved soon

Bento

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So from reading over 60 pages of this. This is what I got

Even with both bans Freeshop is still useable
You can transfer a file from a unbanned 3ds to a banned 3ds that will allow you to play online again but still be banned from NNID activates(who cares)

Am I missing anything?? It seems the only thing Nintendo is doing is not allowing us to use pokebank. Is that the only thing of importance that banned users have to worry about?
I can't use Freeshop or Cia Angel :(

UnholySerenade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got to warn against this as it is essentially the same as the localfriendseedcode_b transfer method. We do not yet understand the long-term implications or what localfriendseedcode_b even does. Messing with this could be critical and unless you are DESPERATE to play online for some reason, just wait out the ban. It is almost 99% certain it is a temp ban, so please people do not get too hasty.

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
secureinfo is transferred during system transfer right.

if we know where "X-Nintendo-Device-ID" is, we may be able to bypass 2812.

Have a NTR plugin that automatically spoofes that value?

We know where it is, and I've tried that. It sorta works but eshop and miiverse both freeze. I assume there are people working on stable plugins for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87... +1