Gaming Has anyone gotten banned from playing Pokemon Moon online?

Helix Fossil

DQ Fan Translator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone is gonna hate me for saying this..... but I'm sorta glad this ban-wave happened. I haven't seen the community here work together so hard to solve a 3DS problem in a long time. Thanks to everyone taking risks for the betterment of the community!

Necessity is the greatest motivator, or so they say.

Reactions: OkazakiTheOtaku

Antipika

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
All that is needed to bypass the Online Game ban is a clean LocalFriendCodeSeed_B file. Proof enclosed.
Forgive my sloppy handwriting.

View attachment 69080 View attachment 69081
Confirming this. Literally took 2min to fix the "game ban".

Couldn't care less about eshop or NNID features (and I don't even get why anyone would care). Not like I'd give Nintendo a single dollar buying software after what they pulled today.

Reactions: Decorations

dalekman9999

Trophies
XP
Country

Couldn't care less about eshop or NNID features (and I don't even get why anyone would care). Not like I'd give Nintendo a single dollar buying software after what they pulled today.
I just want to access the content I have purchased ._.

D

Deleted User

When I called Nintendo earlier, they asked how I got the game. I said I got a cart from the USA in the mail. They asked for a pic of the cart and box. Told them I'd do say asap as it was in a different part of the country than where I live (parents house, collge student, it's believable.

The hopes that its just 15 days are strong. In check, but strong. I shall not be dispappointed if not though.

Helix Fossil

DQ Fan Translator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not like I'd give Nintendo a single dollar buying software after what they pulled today.

It's 100% impossible for anyone to own a legit digital copy right now, so anyone playing the game online with a console-generated header (not a physical cart) must have pirated the game. So they banned anyone that pirated the game. How are they in the wrong?

FourSevenTeen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far, I've got both eshop (022-2812) and general online access (002-0102) bans.

I did the "Secureinfo_A" and the NNID (empty) inject. This allowed me to get back into the eshop on 3ds. I am unable to create an account or link one. I cannot access online, 002-0102.
The network ID works on WiiU, I've checked Miiverse and played a game of Mario kart 8. I'll just blame my non-existent 12 year old child for getting the Pokemon Moon CIA.

002-0102 is the 15 day ban? Or am I done and have to buy a new console.

Reactions: NujUko

NujUko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Do you get an error code when connecting to eShop? And which error code do you get for trying to connect in-game?

i think i'm the same as the bandwagon, 002-0102 in game and 022-2812 in the shop

i wouldn't care less if its perma ban from the shop, only if that doesnt bother the online play from popular games its k

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
still the games are yours you paid for them so if you were a game developer would be be ok to steal games you made from peoples houses no also they should ban you from going online in the game only not going online as all like game freak isn't nintedo they have no right to ban your whole 3ds
Digital games are NEVER yours. Have you ever read the fine print? You're actually paying all that money to RENT a license to use the software on your machine for an extended amount of time. Every ToS in existence will tell you the same thing. At any time, for any reason they can remove your account, purchases etc. You hit "agree" and as a result are subject to the contract you agreed to. Tough shit. This is why a lot of people stick to physical games for one, or you know don't go grant public access by going online in a game that hasn't been released. Common sense. I did and got banned but I KNEW I would, so I used a DS I don't care about. Nintendo also said that they can't say whether the ban is permanent or not, but that we have been banned. Providing a timestamped photo of the cartridge + proof of purchase dated BEFORE release day is the only thing they will consider to unban the console. Lesson learned.

demonotaku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far, I've got both eshop (022-2812) and general online access (002-0102) bans.

I did the "Secureinfo_A" and the NNID (empty) inject. This allowed me to get back into the eshop on 3ds. I am unable to create an account or link one. I cannot access online, 002-0102.
The network ID works on WiiU, I've checked Miiverse and played a game of Mario kart 8. I'll just blame my non-existent 12 year old child for getting the Pokemon Moon CIA.

002-0102 is the 15 day ban? Or am I done and have to buy a new console.

15 day ban

Powermad80

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not like I'd give Nintendo a single dollar buying software after what they pulled today.

Oh come on, if you're gonna pirate at least own up to it.
We're being immoral and deserve this entirely. I just don't care and the punishment hits me about as hard as a light breeze, but at least I own up to it.

Guipradi

Trophies
XP
Country
https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/c...sing_wonder_trade_on_pokemon_moon_be/da2zgvw/

I seem to recall (from reading it here, a very long time ago in the brickway days) that to access online carts use some data from the cart-unique info, while with digital games console-unique info is used instead. If Nintendo knows which is which (and it's likely, as they are able identify if the cart data is valid, so there has to be a "is cart-unique data"/"is console-unique data" flag of sorts in the data sent to the servers) all they need to do is ban everyone who goes online using a CIA version of S/M. Reviewers are unaffected as they use carts. Would be interesting to know if people who use brickway with the .3ds + a private cart header were banned (I doubt so).

Then after confirmation of gateway users not getting banned:

So there you have the reason :P Nothing wrong with the game dump itself, but using a "digital version" of a game still unreleased on eShop makes them able to tell. This also means that anyone who doesn't connect to the in-game online stuff won't get banned.

Quotes from Aurora Wright (creator of luma3ds and other 3ds shit)

Skylinedeadline

Shitposter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The only reason I'd like to fix the eshop ban is for dsiware downgrading. Didn't buy/download the games before hand so it's kind of inconvenient along with the inability to do a system transfer. Once there's a 11.0-11.1 downgrade though I won't care at all about eshop/any online crap though.

escequi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

So you took another 3ds's friendseed or generated another one with your own 3ds somehow?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @Psionic Roshambo, the v39 build works pretty good even has 360 titles