Hardware Has anyone tried the thumb stick on emulated fighters yet?

Jugarina

OP
Trophies
Website
youngevity.com
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering first of all If the thumb stick works on the old fighting games like street-fighter series.

If It does work, is It easier now to preform advanced moves that take precision? With the regular 4-way pad I have trouble with that.

Zarxrax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have always found that, in general, analog controls suck for fighting games.
It's mostly due to the fact that up is jump and down is duck.
With a d-pad, you don't accidentally press up or down. You either press it or you don't. It's simple.

But with an analog stick, this all gets much more complicated because you have 360 degrees of rotation. It's no longer perfectly clear where "up" is. It can be quite easy to try to jump "up right" but actually end up jumping straight up.

So basically, its much more difficult to make accurate moves with an analog control.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Zarxrax said:
I have always found that, in general, analog controls suck for fighting games.
It's mostly due to the fact that up is jump and down is duck.
With a d-pad, you don't accidentally press up or down. You either press it or you don't. It's simple.

But with an analog stick, this all gets much more complicated because you have 360 degrees of rotation. It's no longer perfectly clear where "up" is. It can be quite easy to try to jump "up right" but actually end up jumping straight up.

So basically, its much more difficult to make accurate moves with an analog control.
i can understand this viewpoint when talking about ds games that were designed for use with a d-pad but from what i've heard, the slide-pad dramatically improves gameplay for SSFIV 3D...

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zarxrax said:
My experiences playing fighting games with D-pads say otherwise. But that's just me; because of this, I refuse to play any fighting game without a proper arcade joystick.

bigpaws

Cat with da Big Paws!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i played ssfII on the snes emu for dstwo and it is hard to do combos

with ssiv 3d, the combos are the same but real easy b/c of the circle pad

therefore, it must be better on 3ds

Jugarina

OP
Trophies
Website
youngevity.com
XP
Country
United States
I guess I didn't make myself clear enough since I'm not getting the answers I am looking for.

Say you want to cast a Ryo forceball/fireball or whatever It is. The way to do that is down to forward toward enemy + punch button. If I do that with the 4-way controller the fireball will only cast about maybe 1 out of 6 times that I input the move. I want to know If using the circle stick on an emulated fighter (not the 3d new street fighter) makes the reliability better like every time or most of the time that you cast a fireball better then the 4-way responds.

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off its a Hadoken, not forceball. Second, the controls all depend on if the slider is analog or digital. Also, it depends on play style. Some people are good with analog sticks in fighters. Some, like myself, prefer digital inputs.

Jugarina

OP
Trophies
Website
youngevity.com
XP
Country
United States
slider?

I am thinking since they added the "touch to do moves" on the bottom screen that the new 3DS stick must suck also doing a Hadoken or similar move.

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ZeroDeception said:
slider?

I am thinking since they added the "touch to do moves" on the bottom screen that the new 3DS stick must suck also doing a Hadoken or similar move.
..... They did it to make it easier for beginners. They said this in all the press releases and advertisements. Also, if the slider stick sucks so bad, just use the D-Pad. I really don't know what the big deal is

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think people should stop replying unless they've actually played an older Street Fighter game through an emu on a DS-mode flashcart on the 3DS. It's cluttering up the thread with opinions and guesses.

/hypocrite

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Spend 50 hours playing the game