Homebrew Question has MOONLIGHT or any alternative progressed lately?

xdarkmario

Philosopher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was chorus on game streaming from my computer to the nintendo switch and looked up some options. Moonlight seems to be a thing but it looks abandoned and no further updates have been made. is there something that allows that? i think that Linux and android support on the switch have improved maybe (last i checked it was pretty bad a while back) but my issue is if i have to use android or linux on the switch i want to dual boot it so i can reboot back into switch OS, i tried to dual boot one time and it was a mess.

Reactions: falcorr

enderer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all of these things are possible. someone is working on a version of moonlight that runs in horizon OS; should release soon. moonlight using l4t ubuntu supposedly works using the 3.0.0 image. moonlight supposedly works using switchroot android. i, personally, use steam link because i don't have a nvidia graphics card.
as for dual (or triple) boot, there's a script that sets up the sd card. join the switchroot discord for more details.

Reactions: Philliyxx

Philliyxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all of these things are possible. someone is working on a version of moonlight that runs in horizon OS; should release soon. moonlight using l4t ubuntu supposedly works using the 3.0.0 image. moonlight supposedly works using switchroot android. i, personally, use steam link because i don't have a nvidia graphics card.
as for dual (or triple) boot, there's a script that sets up the sd card. join the switchroot discord for more details.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You need Linux to run the script however.

sashka69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Moonlight on Switchroot works great besides the shitty wifi on the switch.
Sitting near to a repeater or router makes it very usable. I like to play rdr2 on my switch or hitman 2. It's fun.

Robertuxo

Trophies
XP
Country
Which do you think will work best, Steamlink or moonlight? Input lag is a problem? for games like PES 2020, thank you

zniel0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any update on moonlight for switch nativly? The android version on switch runs perfectly at 5ghz wifi 60fps 1080p from my laptop with a gtx1060. However its very impractical to keep dual booting to android just for that one feature.
I know the video players have come along nicely on the switch so perhaps there is hope for further development on moonlight for the switch.

Reactions: falcorr

Philliyxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any update on moonlight for switch nativly? The android version on switch runs perfectly at 5ghz wifi 60fps 1080p from my laptop with a gtx1060. However its very impractical to keep dual booting to android just for that one feature.
I know the video players have come along nicely on the switch so perhaps there is hope for further development on moonlight for the switch.

There was talks of releasing a native Homebrew version about a month ago. Black Seraph the developer posted on discord that they modded it to be really smooth and work great WITHOUT hardware acceleration.. not sure the status of it now though ..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Werid usually you can click more