Has the Nintendo 3DS been hacked?

SD456

Dude
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Good news, very good.

I don't own a 3DS (yet!), but it is good to see, that something is happening after all this time. Can't wait to see some homebrew running on the 3DS. :)

dscapes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought two 3ds XLs and have 10 plus games, my biggest hope is to get to play the Japanese games on my us 3ds, games like Pro Yakyuu Famista 2011 and taiko drumming game. I even considered importing a 400 dollar jap 3ds.

MegaBassBX

The Noble Sate User
Trophies
XP
Country
We have established one thing this is not a DS hack since we already can play DS games and emulation on the 3DS right , so this hack must work for 3DS emulation.
So next, is this legit? it is since by most of the user comment that yellow8 is a big shot so we established this hack is real no doubt.
Know how will it work do we need a flash card or maybe Softmod or Hardmod the 3DS ? Out of all the comments here there is no information about this yet.
When will it be out ? N/A

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
w have established one thing this is not a DS hack since we already can play DS games and emulation on the 3DS right , so this hack must work for 3DS.
So next, is this legit? it is since by most of the user comment that yellow8 is a big shot so we established this hack is real no doubt.
Know how will it work do we need a flash card or maybe Softmod or Hardmod the 3DS ? Out of all the comments here there is no information about this yet.

This is a small summery of all the last 9 pages of this thread.
So you summarized nothing essentially.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
We have established one thing this is not a DS hack since we already can play DS games and emulation on the 3DS right , so this hack must work for 3DS emulation.

This is a small summery of all the last 9 pages of this thread.

What is this I dont even?!

Chaossaturn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If confirmed, hopefully the game save exploit is from a retail game, as if it is from a downloadable game not many people will be able to get to use it before Nintendo pull's it from the eShop and if that is the case there's less likely hood anything good will come from it.

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You are a trendy person; INSTEAD OF USING THE CAPS-LOCK KEY, you decided to make everything bold instead!!!!!

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
So basically this will end up being like Vita hacks ... everyone will sit waiting for someone to build up some cool libraries so that everyone else can finally MAKE some homebrew for it that does more than put a single line of text or a rotating 3D cube on the screen. ...

Hmm, I was wondering...
Whenever we play a game, and our wireless is on, if its 3DS software, what would it display on the friendslist?
Would it possibly display the game we are currently playing (depending on if its a soft mod and we just drag drop and play software of the internal SD card almost like its been bought from the E-Shop)
Or would it all have to be played off a home-brew channel? In which case, it may display the "Couldn't acquire software title" thingy, or maybe it will even display "The home-brew channel".
Same goes for hen you street pass someone. What would your recently played title be?
Wouldn't this part kinda scream to Nintendo "I'M HACKING" and get you banned from online or something? I think the safest thing I'd say is to have it report that it's turned off or something :ph34r: ... and as SOON as ANY homebrewish stuff starts running.
And to counter what exactly?
Iwata actually he was confident the 3DS was secure but that they were "prepared" in case did get hacked. I kinda wonder what exactly that means. (Of course it could have just been a bluff to make developers feel their software was safe.)

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't this part kinda scream to Nintendo "I'M HACKING" and get you banned from online or something?

That was my biggest concern about the whole thing, and to be quite honest, it may be how Nintendo can determine Hackers. If anything, this could be a precautionary measure for if the system ever did get hacked.

Transdude1996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a responce to my previous post, I read further and Gamefaqs users just see it is a Photoshop pic or just a DS hack. I believe that we're safe.

gokujr1000

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Back when I didn't have my 3DS updated, it disallowed me to play Mario Kart online as I had to update the system.
(A long while back, may have changed since then)

I think the you need the latest update that the game has on the cartridge.

A quick example:
Game A was released when version 1.00 was the latest firmware
Game B was released when 1.10 was the latest firmware.

You could play Game A on 1.05 because the game was released during 1.00. But you couldn't play Game B online because it was released during 1.10.

Not sure if that's how it works but that's just an idea.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dahmer can be slim shady
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alright guys just let me talk to the cop
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Made mom into spaghetti, I'm hungry already
    +1
    I wish I could animate something like this stuff probably get like 2 million YouTube views lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And a few lawsuits
    Probably lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eminem sued me all I did was say he was a cannibal molestor
    Rotflmao
    R Kelly dropped the lawsuit after I let him pee on me
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your honor he thinks he has white privilege
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If you rap it, its freedom of speech
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gray zone warfare looks kinda cool
    Ohhh on one episode they could use rings to summon Captain Criminal who is just Obama like a spoof of Captain Planet lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does look good
    By your powers combined, hmmm where is Epstein?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just another shit fps clone
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought it was some warzone dlc bs
    Looks like an enhanced Far cry 1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's a far cry from it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it a free to play bs, pay to get any good weapon/gear
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not free to play but $35