Hate ANZ

OSW

Wii King
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
EDIT: ALL CHARGES WERE REVERSED. I'M SO HAPPY THAT THE CUSTOMER SERVICE WAS NICE TO ME AND HELPED ME!

basically, i'm up for a fortune in overdrawal fees.

i made some transactions on my savings account assuming that they would only go through if i had sufficient funds.

even still, i checked my balance on an atm. i swear that there was no negative sign suggesting that it was a negative balance. it looked entirely like a positive sum.

how wrong i was, i realised when i recieved my account statement.

turns out that anz have a nice "feature" for me. "based on your relationship with ANZ and the way you manage your account, we have allowed this transaction to be processed."

great, they allow me, a student, to overdraw. do they really think i wanted that feature? if i did i'd get a debit card for chrissakes.

anyways, guess how much the honour fee for every time i withdrew money in the negative? fucking $35

guess how many transactions i made in the last few days. about 5.

guess how much i spent each time, $20-$30. so for each transaction i made, they were charging me a fee equivalent to 100% up to 175% of the value of each transaction.

basically i figure i'm up for about $270 debt (fees plus the negative balance i didn't realize i had)

how much money do i have on hand? $170 cash, $35 cheque.

i get paid next week, maybe $80 bucks? for my small part time job.

so, assuming they let me pay then, and i pay all the fees. im fucking broke.

Tomorrow i will call up and attempt to reduce/waive as much as i possibly can, be as persuasive as possible.

I've got a lot more thoughts on this, and this post is pretty incoherent, so i'll update it tomorrow hopefully with better news.

Right now i'm extremely stressed
cry.gif

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
frown.gif

Maybe you could persuade them that you didnt know it was negative and they'll waive some of the fee but thats being optimistic. you should really pay attention from now on.

OSW

Wii King
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
point taken, sometimes it takes stuff like this to make u careful for life eh.

the reason i didn't click was that i usually have a decent balance, but recently i lent the card to my gf and she withdrew a decent chunck (dont start on that its off topic lol, but she paid me back).

so i didn't click that my balance would be low.

EDIT: ALL CHARGES WERE REVERSED. I'M SO HAPPY THAT THE CUSTOMER SERVICE WAS NICE TO ME AND HELPED ME!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ dadadad: блядь