Hacking Question Have a launch model switch XAW1005 on 4.1.0 not modded yet need help with what to do

j0hnnyj0hns

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone i have a launch model switch XAW1005 on 4.1.0 wanting to hack it and rip the cart games to an SD card. Also wanting to know if 256GB SD card would be good enough. and also i'd like to use PegaSwitch i have downloaded everything from SDsetup but haven't ran anything yet. What should i be cautious of i'm not sure what to do lol.

I'm very familiar with 3DS Modding and PS4 jailbreaking so i have experience there but i've noticed the switch PegaSwitch is like the PS4 and needs the exploit ran each time you power cycle the switch but if i just put it in sleep mode shouldn't have to run the exploit each time.

Thanks

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone i have a launch model switch XAW1005 on 4.1.0 wanting to hack it and rip the cart games to an SD card. Also wanting to know if 256GB SD card would be good enough. and also i'd like to use PegaSwitch i have downloaded everything from SDsetup but haven't ran anything yet. What should i be cautious of i'm not sure what to do lol.

I'm very familiar with 3DS Modding and PS4 jailbreaking so i have experience there but i've noticed the switch PegaSwitch is like the PS4 and needs the exploit ran each time you power cycle the switch but if i just put it in sleep mode shouldn't have to run the exploit each time.

Thanks
Do not connect to the internet without a Nintendo-blocking DNS like 90DNS or Pegascape. If you connect to the internet without one, you will get a supernag on your browser, and you won't be able to use the warmboot exploit. However, according to your serial number, you can use the RCM exploit. Have you tried it?

j0hnnyj0hns

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do not connect to the internet without a Nintendo-blocking DNS like 90DNS or Pegascape. If you connect to the internet without one, you will get a supernag on your browser, and you won't be able to use the warmboot exploit. However, according to your serial number, you can use the RCM exploit. Have you tried it?

No i haven't tried anything besides setting up the DNS to get to pegaswitch and ran that and got to the screen with HBmenu and caffeine icons are haven't done nothing past that

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No i haven't tried anything besides setting up the DNS to get to pegaswitch and ran that and got to the screen with HBmenu and caffeine icons are haven't done nothing past that
Since you have the DNS set up, then the next step is to make a NAND backup before doing anything else. You can do this with Hekate.

The RCM exploit is better because it works on all system versions (if the Switch is unpatched). If you want to use the warmboot exploit through the web browser, you will have to keep your sysNAND on 4.1.0 forever. If you choose the latter option, you're going to want to install an emuNAND to update so you can play the latest games with it.

Last edited by Lacius,

j0hnnyj0hns

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since you have the DNS set up, then the next step is to make a NAND backup before doing anything else. You can do this with Hekate.

The RCM exploit is better because it works on all system versions. If you want to use the warmboot exploit through the web browser, you will have to keep your sysNAND on 4.1.0 forever. If you choose the latter option, you're going to want to install an emuNAND to update so you can play the latest games with it.

I'm really wanting to dump the game carts i have and possibly play backups. Would i be able to have 4.1.0 sysNAND and 8.X emuNAND??

j0hnnyj0hns

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The RCM exploit is better because it works on all system versions. If you want to use the warmboot exploit through the web browser, you will have to keep your sysNAND on 4.1.0 forever. If you choose the latter option, you're going to want to install an emuNAND to update so you can play the latest games with it.

I'm really wanting to dump the game carts i have and possibly play backups. Would i be able to have 4.1.0 sysNAND and 8.X emuNAND??

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you can do that with either the RCM exploit or the warmboot browser exploit. With the RCM exploit, you don't have to worry about staying on 4.1.0.

If you want to use your Switch for online play, you're going to want to use an offline emuNAND for your backup-loading so you don't get banned.

j0hnnyj0hns

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you can do that with either the RCM exploit or the warmboot browser exploit. With the RCM exploit, you don't have to worry about staying on 4.1.0.

If you want to use your Switch for online play, you're going to want to use an offline emuNAND for your backup-loading so you don't get banned.

I'm not really worried about playing online does RCM exploit require a RCM jig??

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not really worried about playing online does RCM exploit require a RCM jig??
Yes, but you only need a jig one time to install AutoRCM, if that's what you want. AutoRCM causes your Switch to coldboot into RCM automatically whenever it's powered on after being fully shut off. The downside is, if you power the system off completely, you will need to use your computer or whatever you're using to load a bootloader like fusee-primary or Hekate before your Switch will boot. This is mitigated by keeping your Switch in sleep mode whenever it's not being used.

A jig can be as simple as a paperclip bent properly or a piece of foil.

Alternatively, you can use the browser hack to install AutoRCM, effectively switching from one exploit to the other without the need for a jig.

Edit: If you don't like the idea of using a jig nor AutoRCM, you can use the browser hack on 4.1.0, but you will need to setup an emuNAND if you want to play newer games, since you won't be able to update your sysNAND past 4.1.0. You should also make a NAND backup now before you do anything else.

Last edited by Lacius,

j0hnnyj0hns

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but you only need a jig one time to install AutoRCM, if that's what you want. AutoRCM causes your Switch to coldboot into RCM automatically whenever it's powered on after being fully shut off. The downside is, if you power the system off completely, you will need to use your computer or whatever you're using to load a bootloader like fusee-primary or Hekate before your Switch will boot. This is mitigated by keeping your Switch in sleep mode whenever it's not being used.

A jig can be as simple as a paperclip bent properly or a piece of foil.

Alternatively, you can use the browser hack to install AutoRCM, effectively switching from one exploit to the other without the need for a jig.

Edit: If you don't like the idea of using a jig nor AutoRCM, you can use the browser hack on 4.1.0, but you will need to setup an emuNAND if you want to play newer games, since you won't be able to update your sysNAND past 4.1.0. You should also make a NAND backup now before you do anything else.

Okay and yeah i really don't want to fool with a jig and i'll make a NAND backup right now

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay and yeah i really don't want to fool with a jig and i'll make a NAND backup right now
If a jig is a non-option, then you have two remaining options:
  1. Use the warmboot browser exploit on 4.1.0 forever, using it to boot an updated emuNAND.
  2. Use the warmboot browser exploit to install AutoRCM, allowing you to boot into RCM automatically each time the system is coldbooted.
I prefer the second option so I don't have to waste time/space with an emuNAND.

Edit: For anyone else reading this, Option #2 is only available on an unpatched Switch. If a Switch is patched and can't run the RCM exploit, then Option #2 will brick your system.

Last edited by Lacius,

j0hnnyj0hns

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If a jig is a non-option, then you have two remaining options:
  1. Use the warmboot browser exploit on 4.1.0 forever, using it to boot an updated emuNAND.
  2. Use the warmboot browser exploit to install AutoRCM, allowing you to boot into RCM automatically each time the system is coldbooted.
I prefer the second option so I don't have to waste time/space with an emuNAND.

Edit: For anyone else reading this, Option #2 is only available on an unpatched Switch. If a Switch is patched and can't run the RCM exploit, then Option #2 will brick your system.

Okay #2 is a great option is AutoRCM a payload i need to download and put on the root of my SD Card

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay #2 is a great option is AutoRCM a payload i need to download and put on the root of my SD Card
Hekate can install AutoRCM for you. Do this after the NAND backup, which you're already using Hekate for.

Edit: Before you install AutoRCM, make sure you have everything ready to launch RCM payloads. Otherwise, your Switch will be stuck in RCM, and you won't be able to boot it until you have everything ready.

Last edited by Lacius,

Smash Br0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the warmboot exploit for 4.1.0 require you to be connected to the internet every time you use it?
Or only the first time?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all...