MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Also same, as a torrent user, it is a must! Not to mention I don't need anymore letters from AT&T. B-)
I got a letter from Comcast, my ISP, because I torrented the 4 disc isos to Final Fantasy 8, back in 2018. That was the final straw for me. The copyright strike was from Squaresoft, Comcast was just passing along the message.

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a letter from Comcast, my ISP, because I torrented the 4 disc isos to Final Fantasy 8, back in 2018. That was the final straw for me. The copyright strike was from Squaresoft, Comcast was just passing along the message.

Same

Reactions: BigOnYa

Steve Antony Williams

Trophies
XP
Country
I was remanded in custody awaiting trial (I was found not guilty) at Lewes Prison in England for 2 weeks. I shared a cell with a guy who'd smashed a shop window and stolen stuff from the window display while he was drunk. The cellmate wasn't so bad, didn't have any trouble with him. Food was pretty rubbish but I have pretty high standards (I was a chef at one time). Only real problem with the place was just boredom.

LeoTCK

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I was remanded in custody awaiting trial (I was found not guilty) at Lewes Prison in England for 2 weeks. I shared a cell with a guy who'd smashed a shop window and stolen stuff from the window display while he was drunk. The cellmate wasn't so bad, didn't have any trouble with him. Food was pretty rubbish but I have pretty high standards (I was a chef at one time). Only real problem with the place was just boredom.
If you were found guilty, while you actually weren't guilty...how would you feel about it? Or do you think that can never happen? Do you have a full belief in the system?

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you were found guilty, while you actually weren't guilty...how would you feel about it? Or do you think that can never happen? Do you have a full belief in the system?
In a review of death penalty cases in the US, later investigations found something like 1/50 were actually innocent

LeoTCK

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
In a review of death penalty cases in the US, later investigations found something like 1/50 were actually innocent
Yea and that's something they try to have a hard case about...now about way less severe cases you can be sure there's way higher rate of people getting convicted for nothing lol...even if it comes out. And I'm not just talking about the US here.

Reactions: AncientBoi

LeoTCK

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Okay I'll break the silence.

I have been (unjustly) imprisoned for six months in a highly secure detention facility (or two, rather as I had a transfer to prison hospital at one point).

it was talked about here by my partner who relayed stuff via me in irc chat to there

https://discuss.quaddicted.com/t/quake-alpha-version-from-1995/2593/69

Don't know what it is about the magical six months though...like there's more stuff "within six month" something will happen, also in deus ex (or the parodies like deus ex recut), or hell even Sonic in Sonic Forces being held for six months(I did not play that game but I've been told and seen some videos)....

ichig0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It’s not fully legal but literally no one gets arrested for it in the city I live in. It’s always a “win more” for the police whenever they bust someone for harder drugs. Otherwise, they tend to just look the other way when it comes to just weed. Plus there’s legal Hemp-derived THC called “Delta” that I buy legally. I rarely have the illegal stuff, unless I leave to states where it is legal
Ah, a fellow D8 connoisseur! lol. I also rarely get the real stuff anymore. D8's just more convenient (and legal) and also doesn't give me as much anxiety as normal ganj. They are working on legislation to restrict it in my state though, hopefully it doesn't pass but who knows... Always ruining the fun stuff. Might wanna check and see what's up in yours too.

EDIT: On topic, yes, I have been into jail. After reading the above, you can probably guess what for too.. lol. I had about a 24 hr stay and it was just alright. Not bad, not good, but not scary or anything. I was 17. Actually what surprised me most was how nice the inmates were, at least in my area.

DarkKaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
In my younger years yep. The rave scene was booming back then, and we'd frequently hang out near the beach with sometimes hundreds of other ravers. But there was also a big group of Moroccan people that were hanging out in the same area and we really, really couldn't stand eachother. One of them threatened one of my friends. Someone of the group took note of that and beat the guy up and 10 minutes later we encountered the whole group of Moroccans and a huge fight broke out. Several people got injured and we all got locked up for the night. But considering we were all high as fuck on ecstacy and speed we just resumed the party in prison, humming and singing rave vocals all night and driving the prison guards crazy. When we were eventually released I think it was a bigger relief for them than for us 🤣

LeoTCK

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
In my younger years yep. The rave scene was booming back then, and we'd frequently hang out near the beach with sometimes hundreds of other ravers. But there was also a big group of Moroccan people that were hanging out in the same area and we really, really couldn't stand eachother. One of them threatened one of my friends. Someone of the group took note of that and beat the guy up and 10 minutes later we encountered the whole group of Moroccans and a huge fight broke out. Several people got injured and we all got locked up for the night. But considering we were all high as fuck on ecstacy and speed we just resumed the party in prison, humming and singing rave vocals all night and driving the prison guards crazy. When we were eventually released I think it was a bigger relief for them than for us 🤣
you're lucky there were no charges filed then. Could have been way way worse. I didn't really ever gravely injur anyone yet I was treated like Hannibal Lecter...

Luke94

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If I would consider buying in flower shop cannabis/marijuana seeds or buy some weed in drug store even probably as medication who knows what could happen if I would get some in vending machine(very similar to arcade cabinets)if police officers would arrest me and put to the jail prison my mom might kick me out from house temporarily or permanently. At least in USA I could have opportunity to see for instance Sage Radar Antenna ruins nearby Camp Hero Long Island nearby New York somewhere in Massachusetts in Long Island Beach. By reinterpreting words of my own mom. I wish like in the one particular internet meme I could be treated more like florist than drug dealer. Florist for instance like in my own case like Pamela Isley from Batman,but male version of her instead.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sounds like you needed better ecstasy tbh, I couldn't imagine getting into a fight :rofl2:

Hoopoler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there! Nah, never been to jail. Can't really help you out with those questions, but if you're down for some chat about other stuff, I'm all ears!

Reactions: impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste