• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Have you gotten your Monkeypox shot?

Deleted member 114266

Trophies
XP
If you have next to zero chances of catching a disease that nobody dies from, what's the point of getting vaccinated?
Statistically, homosexual men in monogamist relationships are more likely to cheat, especially if they are younger. As you look at older people the amount of "cheating" on a relationship lowers which is why the data drops 55+ and quickly shrinks as age increases.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Right… I’d love to see the statistics on how many people have gotten it from hugging people. I’m guessing people aren’t typically hugging people with blistering boils on them lol. And I’m guessing there must’ve been like a handful of people that got it from animals if any. I’m guessing 99.9% of folks got it from gay sex? Let’s not beat around the bush
It's pointless arguing with the perpertually offended, they would argue with thier own shadows if there was nobody else around to ̶a̶n̶n̶o̶y̶ talk to. Fact are facts though, most types that get this are men that let other men stick their scrotum poles into their anal passages without wearing any sort of protection. Still it's not like they didn't know what they were doing, so they only have themselves to blame and I don't feel one iota of sympathy for them.

Reactions: CraddaPoosta

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you have next to zero chances of catching a disease that nobody dies from, what's the point of getting vaccinated?
Considering my current job is customer service and I am immunocompromised, I would much rather be vaccinated and keep my vaccines up to date than risk getting sick. Even vaccinated, my immune system still struggles when I get sick. Equally, I really don’t need a reason to decide to get vaccinated when given the option. I know vaccines are safe and I have no reason to be concerned when I get them
Statistically, homosexual men in monogamist relationships are more likely to cheat, especially if they are younger. As you look at older people the amount of "cheating" on a relationship lowers which is why the data drops 55+ and quickly shrinks as age increases.
Sources?

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right… I’d love to see the statistics on how many people have gotten it from hugging people. I’m guessing people aren’t typically hugging people with blistering boils on them lol. And I’m guessing there must’ve been like a handful of people that got it from animals if any. I’m guessing 99.9% of folks got it from gay sex? Let’s not beat around the bush

hes not going to agree with you, you are wasting your time.

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
Trophies
XP
You're reduced to calling people homophobic for pointing out science. And then got completely owned by the CDC's own website. Wow dude, you should really re-evaluate your life choices.
Except no not really.
"I won't get a vaccine because I don't do gay orgies" is a stupid argument, since monkeypox (like all viruses) don't give 3 shits if your gay or straight or whatever.
Additionally
https://www.cdc.gov/poxvirus/monkeypox/outbreak/us-outbreaks.html
Oh no the cdc once again proves me right about how this is a bullshit excuse. Past cases have spread from animals. If by any chance at all it spreads to animals or spread from (which it can and has) Guess what? a gay orgy isn't going to give to you. A unassuming animal will. Or someone else gets it from a animal, and then passes it to you.

It's not science to say "I won't get vaccine because I don't do gay orgies so I'm safe"
because the science says it doesn't give a fuck about who your banging.
It is factual to say that the demographic consists of gay people, since the outbreak likely came from: https://health.hawaii.gov/docd/file...ay-and-bisexual-men-fact-sheet-06-02-2022.pdf
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health...d-by-sex-at-2-raves-in-europe-says-who-expert
However there's literally nothing inherently preventing from spreading to you if it goes to an animal, or your partner cheats on you and was careless.
Don't become an accidental data point because of your own stupidity.
Except it's not boils, boils and rashes are different. And 2003 (monkeypox outbreak) would like to disagree with you so have fun with that.

Last edited by Deleted member 586536,

Deleted member 114266

Trophies
XP
Except no not really.
"I won't get a vaccine because I don't do gay orgies" is a stupid argument, since monkeypox (like all viruses) don't give 3 shits if your gay or straight or whatever.
Additionally
https://www.cdc.gov/poxvirus/monkeypox/outbreak/us-outbreaks.html
Oh no the cdc once again proves me right about how this is a bullshit excuse. Past cases have spread from animals. If by any chance at all it spreads to animals or spread from (which it can and has) Guess what? a gay orgy isn't going to give to you. A unassuming animal will. Or someone else gets it from a animal, and then passes it to you.
None of the prior outbreaks on that CDC page say there was any human-to-human contact.

Could it spread from animals? Sure. But so do a whole bunch of other diseases that can and are more likely to occur. That's why they have hand sanitizer at petting zoos and farmers now. And the prior monkeypox cases were spread by people who cleaned the cages or were scratched or bitten by the infected animals.

But none of that matters as it was a different strain of the virus just like how COVID was very different from other corona virii.

Additionally, your article from June states it's unknown whether the virus is passed in semen or vaginal fluids. And now several months later we know that isn't the case with the virus residing in the anal cavity.

But if you feel you need to protect yourself, go for it. Just don't try forcing it on others, or talk down to other people as they don't have the same risks you do due to your lifestyle choices.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering my current job is customer service and I am immunocompromised, I would much rather be vaccinated and keep my vaccines up to date than risk getting sick. Even vaccinated, my immune system still struggles when I get sick. Equally, I really don’t need a reason to decide to get vaccinated when given the option. I know vaccines are safe and I have no reason to be concerned when I get them
Maybe don't have sex with your customers? Just throwing that out there as an option.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Maybe don't have sex with your customers? Just throwing that out there as an option.
Wow, you’re kind of creep if that’s the first place you went. The virus can spread through contact and touch, it’s not just limited to sex. I work in a restaurant in a large city, I am in constant contact with other people’s dirty dishes and even regularly in close contact with my coworkers as we are doing our jobs. Thus I am at risk of potentially exposure to bodily fluids

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, you’re kind of creep if that’s the first place you went. The virus can spread through contact and touch, it’s not just limited to sex. I work in a restaurant in a large city, I am in constant contact with other people’s dirty dishes and even regularly in close contact with my coworkers as we are doing our jobs. Thus I am at risk of potentially exposure to bodily fluids
Make sure to wear your mask. It's what the CDC recommended at the beginning for monkeypox.

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most of the symptoms wind up appearing on the anus and genitals of men who like to do butt stuff with other men.

I feel more than safe from this particular outbreak. If you are a man who is a fan of the man gland, or a dude who doesn't shy away from smooching a male taint, then I recommend you protect yourself. Remember that condoms are cheap and can save your life.

Reactions: TraderPatTX

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Make sure to wear your mask. It's what the CDC recommended at the beginning for monkeypox.
I actually already do wear a mask, as already mentioned, immunocompromised.

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Say you don't read peer reviewed studies without saying you don't read peer reviewed studies.
You are asking leftists and liberals to READ and UNDERSTAND something written by people smarter than them.

You do understand, of course, what an effort in futility this is. They know everything, and anything they don't know is just a lie peddled by middle-aged white men/colonizers/transphobes/homophobes/misogynists/bigots/racists.

These are the same folks who voted for a man who routinely took showers with his 11-year-old daughter. So...

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Say you don't read peer reviewed studies without saying you don't read peer reviewed studies.
I am not sure what you are on about. My purpose for wearing a mask was stated and already done regardless of monkey pox or not. Thus far, I’ve been sick less often and that’s a good enough reason to continue whatever practices I’ve put in place to keep myself healthy. This isn’t a some gotcha for you, my motivations have been transparent.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are asking leftists and liberals to READ and UNDERSTAND something written by people smarter than them.

You do understand, of course, what an effort in futility this is. They know everything, and anything they don't know is just a lie peddled by middle-aged white men/colonizers/transphobes/homophobes/misogynists/bigots/racists.
You mean to tell me these aren't words of endearment?
These are the same folks who voted for a man who routinely took showers with his 11-year-old daughter. So...
I seriously doubt many leftists on this forum even know who John Durham is and what he has proven just this week in court. Not to mention what he proved in testimony in past trials.
Post automatically merged:

I am not sure what you are on about. My purpose for wearing a mask was stated and already done regardless of monkey pox or not. Thus far, I’ve been sick less often and that’s a good enough reason to continue whatever practices I’ve put in place to keep myself healthy. This isn’t a some gotcha for you, my motivations have been transparent.
I'm genuinely curious to know if you wore a mask before 2020.

• Love

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm genuinely curious to know if you wore a mask before 2020.
Before 2020 I rarely wore a mask because I wouldn’t have been allowed in my old workplace if I was wearing a mask. Most places weren’t keen on people wearing masks before Covid. I did start wearing them before Covid in 2020 because I was working in an Amazon warehouse, which have a lot of dust and that was a bit rough on my lungs.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
They just want attention. Period. Case in point. Grown man with cat ears who gets mad if you don't LOVE his love of male butt.
Suddenly I am a grown man when it’s a convenient means to attempt to belittle me and use me a strawman

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before 2020 I rarely wore a mask because I wouldn’t have been allowed in my old workplace if I was wearing a mask. Most places weren’t keen on people wearing masks before Covid. I did start wearing them before Covid in 2020 because I was working in an Amazon warehouse, which have a lot of dust and that was a bit rough on my lungs.
That would make sense as you can see dust with the naked eye. A mask would be sensible in that situation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: