Gaming Haven't used my Wii in ages... questions

raiderscrusade

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys,

For quite a while now I have abandoned my Wii and played my PS3, however I have decided to return to the Wii to see what's doing.

I have a few questions I want to ask.

Currently, I am on a softmodded 4.1E with Configurable USB Loader 70-222. For some reason, whenever I load CFG the Wiimote (full battery, just replaced them) seems to lose connection and does not reconnect on button press. I am unsure why this is occurring... Has anyone encountered this issue, or any similar issue, and knows how to fix it?

Along with this, I am interested in playing PES 2012. I read that it is highly rated by members here at the Temp, and I do love my soccer! Will I require any cIOS or anything to play this? Also, given I want to play it online too, is there any other requirements or is it simply putting it onto the USB, loading CFG, selecting the game and you're done?

If anyone can help me, it would be awesome. I feel like such a noob ahahaha.

Thanks.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
download modmii ask it to download the recommended files and install them all using wad manager. than just update your loaders and that's all you'll need to do. make sure to exspecially install d2x cios.

Ryoku83

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys,

For quite a while now I have abandoned my Wii and played my PS3, however I have decided to return to the Wii to see what's doing.

I have a few questions I want to ask.

Currently, I am on a softmodded 4.1E with Configurable USB Loader 70-222. For some reason, whenever I load CFG the Wiimote (full battery, just replaced them) seems to lose connection and does not reconnect on button press. I am unsure why this is occurring... Has anyone encountered this issue, or any similar issue, and knows how to fix it?

Along with this, I am interested in playing PES 2012. I read that it is highly rated by members here at the Temp, and I do love my soccer! Will I require any cIOS or anything to play this? Also, given I want to play it online too, is there any other requirements or is it simply putting it onto the USB, loading CFG, selecting the game and you're done?

If anyone can help me, it would be awesome. I feel like such a noob ahahaha.

Thanks.
The newest motion+ wiimotes do not work with homebrew, so that maybe causing your controller problems (assuming you are using a new one). I have also heard instances of 3rd party hardware not working correctly with homebrew. Other then that Blade covered the rest.

raiderscrusade

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm using an original Wiimote without anything plugged into the bottom of it.

Along with that, the Wiimote is fully functional with everything apart from CFG.

Do you just recommend doing a complete new softmod with ModMii?

raiderscrusade

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks everyone.

I got everything working :)

PES 2012 Online here I come. It's so weird to play with the classic controller... it's as if player movement is impossible with the left analog... so much more different to FIFA 11 on PS3 :(

Oh well, time to master PES. I would use Wiimote + nunchuck, but that looks so complicated, and I do prefer old-school soccer gameplay :)

Thanks again, everyone!

Shadow_Boss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok so i dont mean to hijack a thread but it is the same question i was going to ask so need for a new topic right?

I have the wii that i bought back when it first released---i was off n on. I remember my brother came back from his tour in Iraq and jus wanted to relax and he did something to the Wii which i assume he softmoded (please consider me the freshest of noobs to wii modding lol) hes gone to Kuwait now and I dont really have a way of keeping in touch with him :(.

I haven't touched the Wii in a long time so i ask this, what do i need to do, should i follow the same steps you provided Raider? or do something else. I want to test a couple games before i buy Epic Micky, Dragon Quest, and the new Zelda (i believe requires wii controler + ??? or motion+ ??? lol).

So my home screen this is what i see:

Disc Channel, Mii Channel, Photo Channel, Shopping Channel;
Weather Channel, News Channel, The Homebrew Channel, Backup Launcher Gamma;
Neo Gamma R8 Final (this one says 'your cIOS has revision 7, to achieve best compatibility use revision 18, NeoGamma R8, IOS249 [Rev 7]"

and in my wii settings says i have Ver. 3.2U

Also I read about this WBFS manager i think it was? someone said i need to partition a drive on my pc/laptop in order to use it then transfer it to a formatted usb? Do i really need to partition my hard drive?

thanks for the help.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Just get modmii and run the wizard, tell it your Wii is virgin and follow the directions. Then you will get everything up to date without having to mess with systemchecks etc, and you will be 100% sure the Wii is up-to-date with the proper files.

As for HDD. For the normal user FAT32 is recommended, and then use Wii Backup Manager to transfer your games from the PC to the external HDD.

Reactions: 1 person

chanbog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
While we're on the topic of modmii, do any of you know how to uninstall it if we ever needed to?

I'm planning on sending it in to Nintendo for a physical repair, but the mod needs to go before I do so.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
While we're on the topic of modmii, do any of you know how to uninstall it if we ever needed to?

I'm planning on sending it in to Nintendo for a physical repair, but the mod needs to go before I do so.
They will always be able to detect it has been softmodded, and uninstalling ModMii wouldn't do anything, lol.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The newest motion+ wiimotes do not work with homebrew, so that maybe causing your controller problems (assuming you are using a new one). I have also heard instances of 3rd party hardware not working correctly with homebrew. Other then that Blade covered the rest.

Completely untrue. I have a brand new Wiimote with WiiMotion+ built in and all homebrew apps work just fine with it, especially CFG USB Loader.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States

Completely untrue. I have a brand new Wiimote with WiiMotion+ built in and all homebrew apps work just fine with it, especially CFG USB Loader.
Lol, wrong.
1) Your controller may be new, but it clearly isn't the latest model.
2) How does it work "especially" with Cfg? Does it work 100% with normal homebrew, but 153% with Cfg? LOL!

Edit: For those who aren't here to troll, but rather for information, take a look at this: http://gbatemp.net/topic/315020-possible-fix-for-usb-loaders-and-new-motion-controllers/

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. No, it's not a troll at all. I purchased it recently. How latest is the latest model??
2. As in I use it every day with CFG so I know for a fact that it works just fine.

Edit: Seems like mine was one that sat in a room for a long time before being sold, and is therefore not the newest model. The new Wiis should be the older model as well, since they were shipped to stores over 2 months ago.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
1. No, it's not a troll at all. I purchased it recently. How latest is the latest model??
2. As in I use it every day with CFG so I know for a fact that it works just fine.

1. couple of weeks. But just because you bought it recently, doesnt mean its the new model.
2. you said it worked "especially" good in cfg, meaning it works better in cfg than other applications.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
1) They started showing up in November. A lot of the Motion+ controllers for sale are still older models. I'm guessing old models will still be available until sometime after Christmas. Too bad there is no way to tell the model until you open it up.
2) Then it works normally, not "especially well", lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: holy shit hololive night at the stadium korone would love this