fire walk with me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, I'm very new to the scene (since yesterday really). I just got a used 2DS with 6.0 firmware and I went ahead and installed rxtools and did the whole emunand thing which works great. I wanted to use themehax which requires me to be on 9.2 so I installed FBI on sysnand then installed sysupdater. Everything is fine up to this point. I go into the devmode to update. I have my 9.2 full update files (bunch of cias) in the updates folder on the root of my sd card. But for some reason, sysupdater just can't detect them. I keep getting the same error:

titleException:
main.cpp:97: Result: 0xD8E08067
Failed to get CIA file info!

I'm out of ideas at this point, I've been trying to figure this out all day but no luck! I've been following this tutorial to a T and everything worked out fine except for this step and I can't find anything on Google on this. The files are definitely there, I even tried the modified version and a 9.0, all in the updates folder, but I keep getting the same error. I also tried deleting and installing sysUpdater many times, nothing worked. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

NoSmokingBandit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just had this exact problem and smacked myself in the head for not realizing what it was instantly. OSX writes extra data about files in a "._" version of that file, which is generally hidden on any *nix OS.

So if you look at your updates folder you'll see 123456789.cia. What you won't see is the ._123456789.cia that is created along side it. Sysupdater tries to update using that file and luckily fails before anything goes horribly wrong.

One can fix this by doing all of this in windows as Icarus did, or cleaning out the 'dot files' by running "dot_clean *path to sd card*" in terminal then ejecting immediately after.

Reactions: Ronhero

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, I'm very new to the scene (since yesterday really).

Welcome! I see your post count is high what part of the site did you keep to before?

I just had this exact problem and smacked myself in the head for not realizing what it was instantly. OSX writes extra data about files in a "._" version of that file, which is generally hidden on any *nix OS.

So if you look at your updates folder you'll see 123456789.cia. What you won't see is the ._123456789.cia that is created along side it. Sysupdater tries to update using that file and luckily fails before anything goes horribly wrong.

One can fix this by doing all of this in windows as Icarus did, or cleaning out the 'dot files' by running "dot_clean *path to sd card*" in terminal then ejecting immediately after.

Thanks for taking the time to explain why.

Harps

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

I found a fix for it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: