• Views 126,190
  • Replies 429
  • Likes 49

reminon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had that happen with the few NEOGEO games I tried to run. I assumed I had the wrong BIOS (I have two BIOS files. unibios1.3 and one that's just called neogeo). I tried a couple of other games and got an error, "DRIVER INIT FAILED." Is it happening with non NEOGEO ROMs?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh well. I'll bet a fix is coming fast. Seems like it will be a simple tweak. I don't blame you for not wanting to host Pegaswitch yourself. You're not missing much for now.
now the right side of the box stays after closing fba, and survives a reboot. it doesn't show in the switch boot splash or videos in games, and its not as prominent after multiple reboots, but is still a faint flashing line. started as right and left side, but now its just the right.

edit: I guess it was a burn-in from the box being left flashing for too long. it has gone away after turning the switch off for a few minutes. Its just weird that splash screens and videos didn't show it.

Last edited by reminon,

ballcity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For what it's worth, I was able to fix this. However, I am not about to go through writing a full tutorial.

In a nutshell, you have to install the 'vanilla' Pegaswitch console. Once that is done and connected to your switch, you have to run the SetupNew.js by executing "evalfile usefulscripts/SetupNew.js" followed by running "runnro installer.nro", but first copying the HBL installer.nro to your pegaswitch root directory.

Of importance here: SetupNew.js sets your switch to allow unsigned NRO execution (ease_nro_restriction -> 1). It looks like this is a permanent setting on the switch. I had to run this twice, and the installer.nro twice. The first time I ran SetupNew.js it said "ease_nro_restriction" was 0 when I started. Fine. The second time I ran it, it said "ease_nro_restriction" was 1 when I started. Woah! It must save this setting for good. This also feeds into the hypothesis that, for those that have this WORKING, probably ran Pegaswitch before and had this NRO setting set to "1" properly before.

It is said that HBL should be setting this to "1" by itself. However, I just don't think appears to be the case.

Anyway, once the above is done and you get your "1337" screen from running installer.nro through vanilla pegaswitch (took me two tries), you can move back to the normal HBL method, click "Run" and eventually will be able to access HBL through your Albums page.
Hey guys -- one more reply. At the risk of being repetitive, wanted to let you know this method worked for a handful of other people in the Reswitched Discord. It is all about getting that NRO flag set. Run Pegaswitch, run "evalfile usefulscripts/SetupNew.js", then you can continue the HBL installer via the Public DNS and all that good stuff. Alternatively, it should be a quick patch to fix this with the HBL installer, or perhaps from someone running their own custom DNS server with fixed code.

cheesylard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is 2.2.0 / 2.3.0 ever gonna be supported? I heard that theres this thing with system services restarting on 3.0.0 that doesn't happen on older versions D:

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For what it's worth, I was able to fix this. However, I am not about to go through writing a full tutorial.

In a nutshell, you have to install the 'vanilla' Pegaswitch console. Once that is done and connected to your switch, you have to run the SetupNew.js by executing "evalfile usefulscripts/SetupNew.js" followed by running "runnro installer.nro", but first copying the HBL installer.nro to your pegaswitch root directory.

Of importance here: SetupNew.js sets your switch to allow unsigned NRO execution (ease_nro_restriction -> 1). It looks like this is a permanent setting on the switch. I had to run this twice, and the installer.nro twice. The first time I ran SetupNew.js it said "ease_nro_restriction" was 0 when I started. Fine. The second time I ran it, it said "ease_nro_restriction" was 1 when I started. Woah! It must save this setting for good. This also feeds into the hypothesis that, for those that have this WORKING, probably ran Pegaswitch before and had this NRO setting set to "1" properly before.

It is said that HBL should be setting this to "1" by itself. However, I just don't think appears to be the case.

Anyway, once the above is done and you get your "1337" screen from running installer.nro through vanilla pegaswitch (took me two tries), you can move back to the normal HBL method, click "Run" and eventually will be able to access HBL through your Albums page.
Just tried this, can confirm that this fixed my issue. Had been trying to install all day without ever using pegaswitch before, and on the first try using this method it installed.

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I knew those simple af instructions were fishy as hell when I first laid eyes on them.

You need the virtual image from this thread to run Pegaswitch. Once it's running and connected to the switch you need to run a script by typing "evalfile usefulscripts/SetupNew.js" in the Pegaswitch console. This sets up flags properly like @ballcity was talking about. All done on windows, not too hard.

I didn't do anything else with the virtual machine after I ran that script I just shut it down. I changed my DNS back to the HBL recommended one, clicked install, and got 1337.

Baoulettes

The lonely man
Trophies
Website
www.baoulettes.fr
XP
Country
France

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Since I am on 4.1, I will have to wait for a little while before a solution come out for it. Not that it matters, I have Super Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and the only thing I am looking forward is XC2 v1.3.0, which will likely come out before a new switch FW, so once I get that update, I will just block updates with DNS and maybe remove my connection.

dashkiller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Works fine now :yayswitch:

dC2qiwU.jpg

Reactions: Baoulettes

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh, I was just kidding, I just didn't want to install the virtual machine and do all that hard work :). And I just had to wait a few more minutes and it would have been fixed for me.

Unfortunately there's no shitty version of Asteroids yet. HAC-a-roids?

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do i have to change the dns and boot up pegaswitch and hit run every time i wake the switch up from sleep mode just to access the HBC in the album?

untok

Trophies
Website
romumaailma.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Finland
do i have to change the dns and boot up pegaswitch and hit run every time i wake the switch up from sleep mode just to access the HBC in the album?

No only when you boot switch.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

yep and if you boot you need only run pega dont need setup dns or install another time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Glad I bought a card reader type c and usb A makes life easy
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i download movies on my PC that is connected to my living room tv.
    Monitors are too small for my bad eyesight so I use my main tv and wirelss keyboard and wireless trackball mouse.
    I tried wireless transfer on phone before and yes, it's garbage. lol. So sloooooooooowwwwww.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New south park was not really that funny.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i heard modern south park is too serious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did it hurt your feelings?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Some are still funny, but they always try to use a subject matter related to something going on today.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All you need is one dose of Lizzo to make yourself feel better
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Who tf is lizzo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They always make valid points on that show and it goes over people's heads over sensitivity reasons
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @BigOnYa i mean south park did that way back in the day too
    +2
    remember the Michael Jackson episodes?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or blaming the only jew in the show on 9/11 or having the police shoot the only black kid during a school shooting or saying Kanye a gay fish list goes on
    +2
    the gay fish thing was funny as fuck
    +1
    and i don't even follow or care about kanhye
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Everytime i hear that real song, i think of that episode, "I'm a Gay fish yal."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So was the way they showed how messed up the American health system was to get anything done
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont watch south park that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Old people driving was a funny one, like cars up on 2nd/3rd floors in houses. Had to shut down old country buffet to stop them.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBpKupfQEKE