HDMI Selector?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any suggestions? I'm trying to connect a switch and a cable box to a tv, so that's two inputs, and one output, right? I also need it to be hdcp compliant, since my cable box requires it; thanks.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
There are hundreds of HDMI switches available for sale pretty much everywhere, just find anything in your budget really and buy it.

If you aren't close enough to your TV to hit the button yourself, you can grab something like this that has a remote: https://www.amazon.com/Hornbill-Switcher-Selector-Wireless-Supports/dp/B07L3SWJCQ <

If you are, there are tons of cheaper ones that just have buttons on the top that you hit to swap inputs manually ie: https://www.amazon.com/HDMI-Bi-Directional-Switch-Switcher-Splitter/dp/B07C3VPF7K/ <

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright, I bought a bidirectional selector. I had accidentally bought one with two outputs and one input, so I was hoping not to make that mistake again.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
On HDCP then many a Chinese box will strip it.

If you have the bidirectional one then if you have it and returning it is not an option you can flog it on the selling bit here -- such toys are most appreciated by those capturing video and playing at the same time.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Two additions, as said before, some (in this case not most) chinese hdmi switches will strip HDCP, more expensive models might even strip newer HDCP 2.* (there are different versions).

(With splitters its more easy to tell, because, those usually have to - the same with an HDMI selector thingy that offers audio out. To get that they have to strip HDCP.)

Also - you might search on ebay for : 4-Port HDMI Switch with PIP IR Wireless Remote Control

Those are actually pretty nice, since they add PIP (picture in picture) as well (two modes are actually useful - and they offer different transparency overlay options). Audio is always stuck to whatever signal produces the "big image", unless you add HDMI to HDMI Audio Extractor Splitter HDCP 1.4 Toslink 3.5mm then you get (stereo or fingers crossed more) audio out of another device. :)

Both together - under 50 bucks. :) (With the usual 4 weeks shipping time from china)

Last edited by notimp,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @K3Nv2