[Headphone jack] What's with all the apple hate?

D

Deleted User

Lol @ all the NSA comments. Everyone has been getting spied on since spyware and keyloggers started popping up. Who do you think invented that shit on the first place? All major OS and antivirus software is whitelisting government spyware, Apple is no exception (in fact their "secure" OS makes it more difficult to remove).
The NSA thinks they're going to catch terrorists, but all they're gonna bust is some stoner buying a gram of weed with the TOR Browser.
We are spied by everything. Manipulated by media, brain washing kids etc.
You can easily access laptop camera without triggering anything, ISP can see what sites you visit, what info you type. Government can easily just buy info from these Antiviruses and use it to their advantage.
tl;dr We are spied even if we don't want them to. Welcome to reality, it hurts but hey.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Lol @ all the NSA comments. Everyone has been getting spied on since spyware and keyloggers started popping up. Who do you think invented that shit on the first place? All major OS and antivirus software is whitelisting government spyware, Apple is no exception (in fact their "secure" OS makes it more difficult to remove).
The NSA thinks they're going to catch terrorists, but all they're gonna bust is some stoner buying a gram of weed with the TOR Browser.
The best way to not be spied on is by destroying or bury the smartphone(s), computer(s) and other electronics too. Oh, and don't use debit/credit cards too or else the govt can find you too.

Another idea is not to live in a big city but rather a rural area where there are no CCTVs anywhere. :P

MionissNio

Trophies
XP
I just bought a Chromecast audio and a battery bank with stock htc headphones wired and wired wireless experience baby I can move from basement to top of my ceiling without interference!

I have no problem with spying unless it cripples my UX which it does in Windows® to your bedroom. At least on Android it is unnoticeable.

hobbledehoy899

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You have to be a -snip- to unironically say that the 3.5mm headphone jack was taking up too much space!
People just like to hate stuff and some hate becomes popular. I personally have an iPhone myself and I found that I actually really enjoy it.
Absolutely proprietary!

Last edited by raulpica, , Reason: Don't be rude -rp
Reactions: Subtle Demise

dAVID_

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What I don't like about Apple is that they rename the processors to names like ''G4'' ''G5'' so you can't really know the real power of your product. Also, you can build a PC that's much more powerful than a Mac Pro and costs less. And Mac Pros are supposed to be for movie editors who use software that relies on GPU.

Bubsy Bobcat

funny rabbit
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
*Expensive because of the brand
*Unfairly locked down
*Closed source (this one is pretty biased I guess because I highly prefer open source software for no real reason)
My head is kinda borked at the minute but I do have more reasons. That's not to say most Android phones are perfect, since they're usually locked down to an extent by the manufacturers and bundle it with bloatware you cannot uninstall.

dAVID_

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The best way to not be spied on is by destroying or bury the smartphone(s), computer(s) and other electronics too. Oh, and don't use debit/credit cards too or else the govt can find you too.

Another idea is not to live in a big city but rather a rural area where there are no CCTVs anywhere. :P
OR... cover your cameras while not in use, encrypt your computer, get a VPN with 256+ bit encryption, and use BitCoin as much as you can.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It started out as just being a PC vs. Mac thing. PC, more customization, don't have to cling to the Apple store, there's more variety, just, more of an open world. Even when clamping it down to Windows vs. Mac, it's the same thing. But now that I think about it, this goes deeper into Apple vs. other OSes/PC, the marketing being so ubiquitous and annoying for over 10 years, this "Us vs. Them," where they kind of brag about being the luxury brand, whether it be phone, computer, tablet. It's hard for me to just form a solid opinion, I just don't like Apple, pure and simple. I can try and form an argument about them, but basically they've made me not like them. But that doesn't mean I dislike Apple users, go nuts with them. In fact I used a Macbook in high school, they were issued to us as rentals for certain classes, I'd play Cave Story on one in Statistics class in 12th grade, online tetris, great. In that respect, Macbook represents Apple, I can stand to use their products, but I never will bother owning one. Plus at that time my home laptop was a science experiment, broken LCD screen, dead battery, thus needed to be hooked up to a monitor, and plugged via AC at all times. So, Macbook easily was better. With what I have now, with what I'm used to, with what I want to get, Apple is just not in my wavelength, at all.

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It started out as just being a PC vs. Mac thing. PC, more customization, don't have to cling to the Apple store, there's more variety, just, more of an open world. Even when clamping it down to Windows vs. Mac, it's the same thing. But now that I think about it, this goes deeper into Apple vs. other OSes/PC, the marketing being so ubiquitous and annoying for over 10 years, this "Us vs. Them," where they kind of brag about being the luxury brand, whether it be phone, computer, tablet. It's hard for me to just form a solid opinion, I just don't like Apple, pure and simple. I can try and form an argument about them, but basically they've made me not like them. But that doesn't mean I dislike Apple users, go nuts with them. In fact I used a Macbook in high school, they were issued to us as rentals for certain classes, I'd play Cave Story on one in Statistics class in 12th grade, online tetris, great. In that respect, Macbook represents Apple, I can stand to use their products, but I never will bother owning one. Plus at that time my home laptop was a science experiment, broken LCD screen, dead battery, thus needed to be hooked up to a monitor, and plugged via AC at all times. So, Macbook easily was better. With what I have now, with what I'm used to, with what I want to get, Apple is just not in my wavelength, at all.
I agree, I buy whatever suits my needs. I just really dislike fanboys XD...

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What I don't like about Apple is that they rename the processors to names like ''G4'' ''G5'' so you can't really know the real power of your product. Also, you can build a PC that's much more powerful than a Mac Pro and costs less. And Mac Pros are supposed to be for movie editors who use software that relies on GPU.

... it sounds like you don't know what a G5 processor is, and assume Apple still uses PowerPC CPUs.

Primalus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Imo, Apple has gotten a lot better at loosening up their APIs and allowing developers to do more with their systems. I'll always stick with Apple, mostly because I'm for the easy to use interfaces and the looks. Tbh, I couldn't care less about "being spied on" since I have nothing sensitive to hide.

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
Imo, Apple has gotten a lot better at loosening up their APIs and allowing developers to do more with their systems. I'll always stick with Apple, mostly because I'm for the easy to use interfaces and the looks. Tbh, I couldn't care less about "being spied on" since I have nothing sensitive to hide.
768e9df2947834e4ca96dd66fbe38f2a.png

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The problem with indiscriminately advocating for free speech is that you advocate for the right to violate other's privacy. The whole Hulk Hogan case was because Gawker claimed that they had the right under free speech to broadcast very personal details about Hogan's life.

CitizenSnips

a seldom-used crab named Lucky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The headphone jack is still widely used today and comes in handy in certain occasions, especially when your bluetooth headphones run out of battery, so there wasn't much reason to remove it in my eyes besides making it a few millimeters smaller. Also my theory is that they really want to make money by selling air pods or the adapters for headphones.

Last edited by CitizenSnips,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
My Nr.1 reason why to never buy an Apple product? I actually enjoy owning my own stuff without a company interfering with how I use my products.

With both an Android (by picking smart and not supporting Samsung's BS policies) I can root and get more or less a whole new world. With computers? I build my own (stationary) or pick laptops that I know I can repair myself and yes, I always make sure they start up before reinstalling them right away with the selected OS of my choice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1